Indonesia deploys warships/planes 'against' Australia

No lies...Indonesia clearly said that if it detected another Australian navy ship accidentally entering its waters towing a people-smuggling boat [which Indonesia said it didn't want back and basically had no intention of stopping or taking back]...it would use its deployed warships, and warplanes against Australia.

Against Australia or against an invading naval force?

They made it quite clear, their ships and planes would be attacking Australia if any more of her warships were discovered in their waters.

Link?

Against Australia or against an invading naval force?

They made it quite clear, their ships and planes would be attacking Australia if any more of her warships were discovered in their waters.

Link?

Tension with OZ escalates as RI deploys warships | The Jakarta Post

“We are watching four radars in Timika, Merauke [in Papua], Saumlaki [Maluku] and Buraen [East Nusa Tenggara], which all face Australia,” Air Force chief spokesman Air Commodore Hadi Tjahjanto said.

“If we notice any border violations, our air base in Makassar will be ready. Australia is reachable from there.”

#####

No Harvard degree needed for this one either.

Link?

“We are watching four radars in Timika, Merauke [in Papua], Saumlaki [Maluku] and Buraen [East Nusa Tenggara], which all face Australia,” Air Force chief spokesman Air Commodore Hadi Tjahjanto said.

“If we notice any border violations, our air base in Makassar will be ready. Australia is reachable from there.”

#####

One quote, deliberately misunderstood, out of everything you've posted.
In all the other news stories, it mentions the Australian/Indonesian sea border.

#####

One quote, deliberately misunderstood, out of everything you've posted.
In all the other news stories, it mentions the Australian/Indonesian sea border.

What other border did you have in mind?
The sea border is the only border Australia has with Indonesia, luckily.

That's the one Indonesia meant..."step over our sea border again and we're gonna shoot you and send our planes to bomb you like Japan did, you were defenceless then and you're defenceless now" is exactly what they meant.

Gee, I failed high school but even I can understand this; “If we notice any border violations, our air base in Makassar will be ready. Australia is reachable from there.”

...and when they show me on the 6 o'clock news Indonesian warships steaming to the border, and tell me what they're gonna be doing if we step over their border again...I understand that clearly also.
No college degree needed.

That's the one Indonesia meant..."step over our sea border again and we're gonna shoot you and send our planes to bomb you like Japan did, you were defenceless then and you're defenceless now" is exactly what they meant.

Gee, I failed high school but even I can understand this; “If we notice any border violations, our air base in Makassar will be ready. Australia is reachable from there.”

...and when they show me on the 6 o'clock news Indonesian warships steaming to the border, and tell me what they're gonna be doing if we step over their border again...I understand that clearly also.
No college degree needed.

Take a look at the range of the aircraft, see the operating radius that allows and tell me what damage they could do to what is within that radius, on the Australian mainland.

Guess what, fuck all.
This is clear, unless you're a fucking idiot, the dude was telling Australian warships to fuck off out of Indonesian waters. making it clear they were very unwelcome and breaking international law.
Every country in the world patrols its borders to keep unwanted people out.
Australia does it and you applaud; Indonesia does it and you bitch on, because Australia is at fault and you dislike that fact.

Nah, I don't like Indonesia's threats to start a war and attack Australia over a few navy ships that accidentally entered Indonesian waters while towing back to Indonesian waters people-smuggling boats that Indonesia should never have allowed to leave its ports and waters in the first place.
Where was the Indonesian navy, and all the patrol boats Australia gave it?
Indonesia would never have known the ships accidentally entered its waters, if Australia hadn't advised it, as a friend.

I don't like it either.
As luck has it, it's just a lie you made up.

I don't like it either.

No lie, and the steaming Indonesian warships and threatening words were there for all to observe.

Indonesia is still bellyaching about the fact that the paying a lot of money passengers on the people-smuggling boats that are leaving its ports and waters ...are coming back in lifeboats [luxurious, aircon, lifeboats]...courtesy of the Australian navy.

Indonesia to raise Australian asylum seeker policy with United States - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Indonesia to raise Australian asylum seeker policy with United States

Indonesia says it will raise the Abbott Government's asylum seeker policy with the United States during official talks next week.

Jakarta has stepped up its protest to the Coalition's boat turn-back policy, calling in the Australian ambassador in Jakarta for a meeting with a senior official.

Indonesia's foreign affairs minister Marty Natalegawa says a strong protest message was given to Australian ambassador Greg Moriarty over the use of lifeboats to send asylum seekers back.

I don't like it either.

No lie, and the steaming Indonesian warships and threatening words were there for all to observe.

Indonesian warships, in Indonesian waters, watching out for foreign warships in Indonesian waters.
Every navy in the world patrols their borders and, unlike the silly version you give, warns foreign invaders away.
Look at your posts regarding the Iranian ship, heading to America.

You spout one position regarding a ship with Muslims on board, but change totally when your lot do worse.
As for accident, can't the Australian navy afford GPS?
As you would be aware, if you weren't trying to hide details, ships have serious navigation equipment.
That means your captains knew exactly where they were, thus the invasions were deliberate.

I don't like it either.

Indonesian warships, in Indonesian waters, watching out for foreign warships in Indonesian waters.
Every navy in the world patrols their borders and, unlike the silly version you give, warns foreign invaders away.
Look at your posts regarding the Iranian ship, heading to America.

You spout one position regarding a ship with Muslims on board, but change totally when your lot do worse.
As for accident, can't the Australian navy afford GPS?
As you would be aware, if you weren't trying to hide details, ships have serious navigation equipment.
That means your captains knew exactly where they were, thus the invasions were deliberate.

Nah;

A review of the incidents by Defence and Customs found that the breaches were inadvertent and arose because the ships' crews did not know where the maritime boundaries lay.
Indonesia, as an archipelago country, has boundaries that are calculated according to base lines, meaning the actual boundary can be much further out than the standard 12 nautical miles.

These special boundaries should be drawn on the maps...and Indonesia should be installing marker buoys.

Australian captains don't use google

ATNS - Agreements, Treaties and Negotiated Settlements project

Timor.JPG

All very nice, but;

That's not where most of the people-smugglers leaving Indonesia are operating from...it's West Java to Christmas Island, ...and it's West Java to where Australia is returning the illegals in the lifeboats.

Australia bought Christmas Island from Singapore.

Distance Between Christmas Island and West Java

All captains in the Australian Navy should've known that special borders existed for archipelago Indonesia and where they were. Maybe they weren't all told as part of their training, who knows.
They know now.
Indonesia's sending warships and making threats though have no doubt been well noted in the halls of power.

Indonesia seems very angry that the people-smugging boats are being stopped by Australia and the passengers returned to Indonesia.
Wonder why that is.
Could it be that all the money connected with the people-smuggling trade to Australia by boat has dried up?

Last edited:
Australian hijacks a plane =Indonesians are wrong to close the airport and arrest the daft bastard.
Oh, he was just drunk, so the attempted hijack doesn't matter.
Any excuse will do and I'm sure the idiot posters will be demanding his release from his well deserved prison cell.

BBC News - Arrest after Bali plane hijack alert in Indonesia

Matt Christopher, clearly a Muslim name so Bianco can hate him, was a serious dick, about to get a serious bill to pay and. hopefully, a far longer holiday than he'd planned.

Australian hijacks a plane =Indonesians are wrong to close the airport and arrest the daft bastard.
Oh, he was just drunk, so the attempted hijack doesn't matter.
Any excuse will do and I'm sure the idiot posters will be demanding his release from his well deserved prison cell.

BBC News - Arrest after Bali plane hijack alert in Indonesia

Matt Christopher, clearly a Muslim name so Bianco can hate him, was a serious dick, about to get a serious bill to pay and. hopefully, a far longer holiday than he'd planned.

Just a unarmed and allegedly drunk Aussie tourist who allegedly tried to enter the cockpit for some reason...maybe to have a turn at flying the plane?
Ahem, if he was drunk, who served him all the acohol, or allowed him on the plane?
He was also reportedly on some type of medication.

Hijacking?
LOL

There's a simple solution...ban all acohol on flights.

He's an Australian citizen, was on an Australian plane, and as such must be handed over to Australia immediately.

Not his fault there was "miscommunication".

Last edited:

Forum List

Back