Inflation Plummeting Rapidly

The purchasing power of the US dollar continues to fall off a cliff:

IMG_3766.jpeg

Who cares if it's paper money or not? The effect is the same. More money in the system equates to that money being worth less and inflation. Is a loaf of bread intrinsically worth more today than it was 50 years ago?

The average price of a loaf of bread in 1990 was 70 cents. Today it's about triple that. Is a loaf of bread today 3 times as valuable as it was in 1990 or is the money we are trading for the bread only worth a third.

united-states-currency-in-circulation-bil-of-$-m-nsa-fed-data-.png

Cant imagine where all this inflation comes from....

In the 70's my friends and I used to shop local gas stations to save a few cents per gallon

Supply chain issues? People had money and no goods (not enough goods more accurately) to buy.

That drives up prices

Putin’s war pushed energy prices up
The problem was not people having money or lack of goods. The problem was people having cheap money going to bank accounts and then they got back out and started spending it, as they didn't have to work for it to begin with. Cheap money from the government, especially free money from the government is always absorbed by the economy with supplies recognizing the excess cash while some consumer standard bill like student loans and rent on hold, made a good time to raise prices, hence, increased rapid inflation, with sale price increases outstripping production cost increases.

Not Putin's war as main cause of petroleum price increases. Industry had been at glut level prior to Covid, giving cover to huge decrease in production, forcing futures up, and prices up. Increased profit margin on lower production costs and exploration costs, created a business situation, the industry wished to stretch out as long as possible. After all, who wouldn't jump at the chance to make record profits at lower cost? Just my opinion.

I just stopped into a 'nations' burger place a few days ago where I live , just to pick up two milk shakes. I hadnt done that in quite a while, so I gotta say I was shocked when the total came up to $13... just for two shakes. You could almost be pushing $100 dollars there to take out a family of five for burgers fries and shakes.... a bacon cheese burger there is $15.

everything is so expensive now , that 25 $ an hour job is the new $15 dollar an hour job. Biden has fixed nothing .

I don’t know why restaurants keep their high prices. supermarkets have dropped their prices

A year ago, ground beef was $4.75 a lb, milk was $5.50. Eggs were 50 cents each. I understood why restaurants raised their prices so much.

Today, ground beef is $3.00, milk is $3.25, eggs are 25 cents. But restaurants are still charging the same.

Higher prices don't cause money printing.

Money printing causes money printing.

Dollars don't just multiply like Tribbles
Trump and the republicans cause money printing, seeing how Trump had record money printing and Bush and the idiot GOP blew up the economy, which rsulted in the need for massive money printing.

All of our problems and failure are the result of GOP policy fuck ups.

Incredible and Beautiful Inflation data this morning.

Core Inflation came in at just 0.2% inc. That is the FED's target !!!

The facts are in. Inflation was due to Putin's war and supply chain problems, and all the fake money Trump printed during his presidency.

Rate cuts coming soon !

President "Sleepy" Joe Biden is doing a bang up job!

Incredible and Beautiful Inflation data this morning.

Core Inflation came in at just 0.2% inc. That is the FED's target !!!

The facts are in. Inflation was due to Putin's war and supply chain problems, and all the fake money Trump printed during his presidency.

Rate cuts coming soon !

Why are feds raising rates if they don't need to continue to discourage spending? Even after the recent job reports .. feds are at a 90% chance of continuing a rate increase.

Biden is a spending fool and is setting new spending records .. which injects more money into the economy .. which doesn't help reduce inflation.

Let me guess .. the Inflation Reduction Act reduces inflation because of its name? :D

Forum List

Back