Inflation rises 3.3% in May, 0.1% less than expected

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

Inflation cooled more than expected in May, a welcome sign for the Federal Reserve even as prices remained uncomfortably high for millions of Americans.

The Labor Department said Wednesday that the consumer price index, a broad measure of how much everyday goods like gasoline, groceries and rent cost, was unchanged in May from the previous month. Prices climbed 3.3% from the same time last year. Both of those figures are lower than the 3.4% headline gain and 0.1% monthly increase forecast by LSEG economists.

Lipstick on an pig?

Enjoy your 0.1% negative "savings" that will be revised downward in a month.

I can't find the revised figures from last month....Yet.
;)

Last edited:
Those are good numbers.

Going to be a good day for the market and a bad day for MAGA

1718198020348.png

I do not consider this good news. We’ve already had a 20% increase in prices under Biden, and they’re STILL going up by 3% a year?

And that’s the average increase. We all know what Biden’s energy policy has done to gas prices. I take 87, but even that was almost $4 a gallon. And the 93 was almost $5. Bidenomics….what a success.

Inflation cooled more than expected in May, a welcome sign for the Federal Reserve even as prices remained uncomfortably high for millions of Americans.

The Labor Department said Wednesday that the consumer price index, a broad measure of how much everyday goods like gasoline, groceries and rent cost, was unchanged in May from the previous month. Prices climbed 3.3% from the same time last year. Both of those figures are lower than the 3.4% headline gain and 0.1% monthly increase forecast by LSEG economists.

Lipstick on an pig?

Enjoy your 0.1% negative "savings" that will be revised downward in a month.

I can't find the revised figures from last month....Yet.
;)
Gotts ta get out in front of that good news, right?

LMAO

Says the government retiree with an inflation-protected pension, paid for in part by senior citizens with modest incomes.

Those on a pension whether Govt, SS or military saw an increase COLA of 3.2 percent this year

Why didn’t you?

CPI substitutes cheaper goods to keep CPI low by not tracking price increases in the exact same goods that they may have used in previous CPI reports.

As in you can’t no longer afford T-bones so you start buying cheaper cuts so CPI reflects that instead.

Go with what you can see, not what the .gov presents for you to see.

Those on a pension whether Govt, SS or military saw an increase COLA of 3.2 percent this year

Why didn’t you?
SS averages about $1200 a month, meaning the average SS recipient got a $36 a month increase. That’s very different from government pensioners getting $6000 a month and getting a $180 increase.

I thought you were a liberal who cares about people. Why so little regard for the average retired American who put in 40 years of hard work, paying taxes all along, and now is struggling thanks to Bidenomics?

and P.S. I’m not talking about myself, as I’m fine, but care about older Americans who contributed to society, now are struggling, and are observing illegals get free apartments and free three meals a day.

• Thanks
Reactions: iku
SS averages about $1200 a month, meaning the average SS recipient got a $36 a month increase. That’s very different from government pensioners getting $6000 a month and getting a $180 increase.

I thought you were a liberal who cares about people. Why so little regard for the average retired American who put in 40 years of hard work, paying taxes all along, and now is struggling thanks to Bidenomics?

and P.S. I’m not talking about myself, as I’m fine, but care about older Americans who contributed to society, now are struggling, and observing illegals get free apartments and three meals a day.

You are ducking the question

Wages went up 4.1 percent in the last year
I got a 3.2 percent increase this year

How much did you get?

Fake news. That's why no link. Here is the real results of Bidenomics. With the link.

View attachment 961147

yep
That 250K starter house is worth 600K according to the County Assessor and you are now paying the 600K tax rate.
Unfortunately no one will spend 600K for a 250K house with a 7% mortgage :confused: All the net worth is on paper.
Meanwhile

Americans are carrying a record amount of household debt​

Household debt hit record $17.69T in the first quarter as delinquencies also rose​

Forum List

Back