Info on How to Start a Construction Contractor Business

you would build thin walls and Styrofoam insulate...lot more r value per inch
that creates it's own set of problems since the dwelling won't breathe and in a humid climate that is not healthy.

I looked into the spray foam insulation when we built and decided against it for that reason

damn dude you could sell those for storage units.....or start your own mini storage lol....i did not realize they were that cheap...now how much to get them to ky? starting with one or two floor plans is a great idea....but you know people love so called 'change orders' and that is where you can make money or lose your shirt

Here is the two bedroom floor plan. The only thing that really needs to be found room for would be a place for a stackable washer and dryer.

b2d8237af616142db8bfdbae4b13fd78.jpg

yes the chemicals...all new buildings have that problem......okay grumpy is in on this now..says the floor is the hard part to insulate and that any insulation will help with noise...he is now saying it wont be hard to do....

that creates it's own set of problems since the dwelling won't breathe and in a humid climate that is not healthy.

I looked into the spray foam insulation when we built and decided against it for that reason

That's part of why you ductless wall HVAC system would help, many of them work as a dehumidifier too... plus the floor plans I have in mind have a space for double french doors to create a nice open space.

are those murphy beds and i would work hard on more storage.....people cannot envision shit....so you have to show them the storage

how tall is it....grumps says he thinks they are 8 ft tall

To answer your previous question... I'm guessing most people would just want regular toilets that they can hook up to a septic system on their land or to the County sewer... but personally when I build my own I will probably use an incinerator toilet, and fix it so that there is a grey water system for the shower and sink that can be used to spray a garden I plant on part of the roof that doesn't have solar panels.

That's part of why you ductless wall HVAC system would help, many of them work as a dehumidifier too... plus the floor plans I have in mind have a space for double french doors to create a nice open space.
any AC unit is a dehumidifier
you would have to introduce fresh air into the dwelling
I know we all want air tight homes but the fact is that a home that is extremely tight is not healthy. If the insulation isn't thick enough interior condensation is a problem as well

are those murphy beds and i would work hard on more storage.....people cannot envision shit....so you have to show them the storage

how tall is it....grumps says he thinks they are 8 ft tall

Yep, would have to be lots of storage, especially drawers under the beds. I think they are usually 8 foot tall, but these are the "high ceiling" ones. So I think they are a bit taller.

I didn't say the place wouldn't have windows. lol

I do like the idea though of the crank windows. My old house had those... and they were good for allowing fresh air but not too much wind to get in, and also were a deterrent to people breaking in through the windows.

are u doing all the work yourself or using subs?

No, I just want to do the sales and then hire subcontractors to do all the work. I want to make the money off selling the idea to people around here, and how they are much sturdier and safer than the conventional trailers.

I'm not sure what you need to start is necessarily a construction contractor business.

If you you're a licensed contractor then, sure I guess you could go that route, but if you are producing a consistent end product, say a couple of standard designs, as long as that end product met codes, you maybe don't need that license.

If not, it's just like any other business cranking out its widgets, so I'd probably answer that question first. That's one for your lawyer, I think, as it will effect structure going forward.

Of course if you're a licenced GC, no problem and all of that is moot.

are u doing all the work yourself or using subs?

No, I just want to do the sales and then hire subcontractors to do all the work. I want to make the money off selling the idea to people around here, and how they are much sturdier and safer than the conventional trailers.

In that case, nail down the design and business model and maybe you can sell franchises.

Forum List

Back