Information Kommissars in News Rooms

it's called diligence; not sky is falling chicken little nonsense. if it isnt as bad as you say then what is the harm of calling attention to it?

why dont you go cry?

the group Reporters without Borders ranks the USA under obama 46th in press freedom

you got your links; i got mine

Implied-Facepalm.jpg

Yeah yeah yeah. i had to dig into this issue yesterday when it reared it's head from the "echo chamber". The FCC is conducting a poll that includes a formula that asks news agencies how they pick their stories. This whole affair will go on for...gasp..a week.

The NAB has already said there piece on this and the study back in June. When this was put forth last May. The NAB believes it will not accomplish what it sets out to accomplish and questions the constitutionality of the formula for the study.

You can read about the actual study here, and about the NAB rebuttal here.

I do not agree with this study, the way it is conducted and question what it's actually for, but to claim that it's adding commisars to news rooms to dictate and put pressure on agencies over the stories they report is just echo chamber nonsense that rabid ignoramous' have been repeating since it popped up again. The story is almost a year old for fucks sake.

What? No Storm Troopers then...........gonna make a lot of rabids :(

Well

the Left's Messiah and dictator wannabe has EXPANDED warrantless wiretapping from what it was under Bush; EXPANDED drone surveilience in the USA; ASSASINATED AMERICAN CITIZENS USING DRONES that were suspected of being terrorists WITHOUT A TRIAL; not even a secret trial in absentia, used the IRS to go after political enemies, increased spying on our friends; refused to enforce border laws; ran guns to Mexican druglords, SUED STATES for wanting to help enforce federal immigration law.............................just to name a few sins

so who is suprised an idiot like bendoverdog poo-poohs the lastest trampling of our civil rights?

idiots and hypocrites

Well with a list like that......it's no wonder you'd believe.

You feel it, in your gut, that it's a true story, don't you?

I did, idiot. And I linked it yesterday.

The FCC is polling individuals to see if news outlets provide information THE INDVIDUALS considrer necessary. Instead of relying on the usual RW propaganda sights you guys fall for, try going to the actual source of who is doing the polling about what.

Even this sounds strange....

What if the polls show they are not.....

Is the FCC going to dictate what they broadcast ?

The FCC is polling individuals to see if news outlets provide information THE INDVIDUALS considrer necessary. Instead of relying on the usual RW propaganda sights you guys fall for, try going to the actual source of who is doing the polling about what.

So, ummm, what exactly is the point of this exercise? The next step seems to be using the poling data to force changes to what is broadcast in newsrooms.

Do we really want government bureaucrats deciding what is and isn't worthy of being news?

Even this sounds strange....

What if the polls show they are not.....

Is the FCC going to dictate what they broadcast ?

The FCC, as you probably know, is responsible for authoring licenses, etc for broadcasting. According to the FCC, the idea is to help foster, mainly for minorities, how those licenses are dispursed and removing "barriers" to the braodcast industry for content users are looking for.

And I do not like it, either. It's stinks of backdoor dictating int he same fashion the IRS was caught corruptly targeting groups over not for profit status.

And according to the NAB, the study lacks in major areas. It's also arrogant of a federal agency to micromanage such affairs as though the broadcast industry doesn't already know how to serve their customers. But this is the Statist society we live in these days.

So, ummm, what exactly is the point of this exercise? The next step seems to be using the poling data to force changes to what is broadcast in newsrooms.

Do we really want government bureaucrats deciding what is and isn't worthy of being news?

No, the next step looks more like witholding, or refusing certain types of broadcast applications based on the content they provide and to whom. It's the same thing, really. But it's not that out and out open about it. So it's just more of the same shit we see now.

Forum List

Back