Ingraham/O'Reilly lament not opposing Patriot Act

Simple question for the left are you as upset over Obama continuing and expanding the programs started under Bush as you say you were when Bush started them? Right now you all seem as content with what Obama has done as you say the right was with Bush given that don't you think your bashing the right for being upset at Obama but not Bush is more than a little hypocritical?

You are making a shit ton of wrong assumptions in a lame attempt to pull off some turnaround.

And you failed to answer the simple question either you are or you aren't if you are fine if your not your just as big a hypocrite as you claim the right is being now.

He will never answer.

He will only obfuscate with a ton of shit that has nothing at all to do with the topic at hand, see that stupid post above.

Bullshit. I was there for that debate.

Well, heres a new angle.

If it were so bad during Bush, why are Liberals defending their behavior now? How come Obama didn't do anything to stop this? Instead, he has chosen to abuse this program. It's isn't bullshit, Obama took advantage of it. Obama could have stopped this right here and now.

Now, prove me wrong.

I won't deny that and I won't give Obama a pass for it. What I'd like to know is why this wasn't an issue for the right when George Bush did it? Why is it suddenly a "crisis" when before, it was perfectly fine?

To be fair to those that did support it's inception, it was sold as narrowly targeting suspicious calls....too Afghanistan, Pakistan, etc.

Now we're just casting a huge net over the entire country and then sorting through everyone's phone call, search history, et.al....

Simple question for the left are you as upset over Obama continuing and expanding the programs started under Bush as you say you were when Bush started them? Right now you all seem as content with what Obama has done as you say the right was with Bush given that don't you think your bashing the right for being upset at Obama but not Bush is more than a little hypocritical?
Hey...I'm one of the alleged "fringe hard right" and I saw this coming.

But, to answer your question, most of the the leftbats (there were some exceptions) only offered up tepid and token resistance and faux outrage, when BOOOOOSH! shoved the USAPATRIOT Act, FISA, DHS and TSA up America's ass.

Believe me...I was there and paying attention.

Better late than never, I suppose.

Some of us on the left tried to generate opposition to the Patriot Act when it was first proposed, but few on the right were interested. They were scared of "Islamoterrorist's" and trusted George Bush.

Now that our warnings have been proven correct, they've suddenly seen the light. Or, is it just that Obama is now involved in doing the same things Bush was doing and that's bad?

I hate to say it but.....we told you so.

Now...maybe we can all get together and eliminate the Patriot Act.

Laura Ingraham: Ignoring Patriot Act ?a mistake? - Hadas Gold - POLITICO.com
IOW's- they were for it before they were against it? :rofl:
There is no difference between Obama and Bush when it comes to the War on Terra.

None.

The piss drinkers on the right got so rock hard engorged there was no blood left in their brains to consider that one day all this totalitarian shit they were inventing and cheerleading would be handed to the other party.

Oooooops!

good point. Too many conservatives can only see as far as the end of their nose.

But, to answer your question, most of the the leftbats (there were some exceptions) only offered up tepid and token resistance and faux outrage, when BOOOOOSH! shoved the USAPATRIOT Act, FISA, DHS and TSA up America's ass.

link?
Patriot Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
October 24, 2001, the Act passed the House 357 to 66,[6] with Democrats comprising the overwhelming portion of dissent.

link?
October 24, 2001, the Act passed the House 357 to 66,[6] with Democrats comprising the overwhelming portion of dissent.
Which means 145 voted FOR IT
:eusa_hand:

who was running the house back then, lets see..... :eusa_whistle:

The USA PATRIOT Act of 2001 is an Act of the U.S. Congress that was signed into law by President George W. Bush on October 26, 2001.
107th United States Congress - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The One Hundred Seventh United States Congress was a meeting of the legislative branch of the United States federal government, composed of the United States Senate and the United States House of Representatives. It met in Washington, D.C. from January 3, 2001 to January 3, 2003, during the final weeks of the Clinton presidency and the first two years of the George W. Bush presidency. The apportionment of seats in this House of Representatives was based on the Twenty-first Census of the United States in 1990. The House of Representatives had a Republican majority,

wonder how many Repubs voted against the ghastly, civil liberties- stripping bill?

Looks like it was drafted by Gonzalez' people like Bybee & Yoo for instance. Anyone remember him? :eusa_whistle:

Congress immediately started work on several proposed antiterrorist bills, before the Justice Department finally drafted a bill called the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2001. This was introduced to the House as the Provide Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism (PATRIOT) Act of 2001

Torture Memos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Torture Memos, sometimes called the Bybee Memo or 8/1/02 Interrogation Opinion, was a term originally applying to a set of three legal memoranda drafted by John Yoo as Deputy Assistant Attorney General of the United States (US) and signed by Assistant Attorney General Jay S. Bybee, head of the Office of Legal Counsel of the United States Department of Justice.*
Seems the Repubs have their finger prints all over this BIG GOV'T legislation :shock: :thup:

Lets not get involved in "the blame game" though ;)

Last edited:

The USA PATRIOT Act of 2001 is an Act of the U.S. Congress that was signed into law by President George W. Bush on October 26, 2001.
The One Hundred Seventh United States Congress was a meeting of the legislative branch of the United States federal government, composed of the United States Senate and the United States House of Representatives. It met in Washington, D.C. from January 3, 2001 to January 3, 2003, during the final weeks of the Clinton presidency and the first two years of the George W. Bush presidency. The apportionment of seats in this House of Representatives was based on the Twenty-first Census of the United States in 1990. The House of Representatives had a Republican majority,

wonder how many Repubs voted against the ghastly, civil liberties- stripping bill?

Looks like it was drafted by Gonzalez' people like Bybee & Yoo for instance. Anyone remember him? :eusa_whistle:

Congress immediately started work on several proposed antiterrorist bills, before the Justice Department finally drafted a bill called the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2001. This was introduced to the House as the Provide Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism (PATRIOT) Act of 2001

The Torture Memos, sometimes called the Bybee Memo or 8/1/02 Interrogation Opinion, was a term originally applying to a set of three legal memoranda drafted by John Yoo as Deputy Assistant Attorney General of the United States (US) and signed by Assistant Attorney General Jay S. Bybee, head of the Office of Legal Counsel of the United States Department of Justice.*
Seems the Repubs have their finger prints all over this BIG GOV'T legislation :shock: :thup:

:lol:

I don't what that crap is all about, I can go find the senate for you to but I bet you'll obfuscate there too..

its a itch that Horty blew your BS out of the water. The only guy left who can call BS is Russ Feingold , you aint him, so, say after me; obama is rank opportunist hypocrite.....

I would point out Obama and the Democrats could have done away with the Patriot act when he took office in 2009.

I don't what that crap is all about, I can go find the senate for you to but I bet you'll obfuscate there too..

its a itch that Horty blew your BS out of the water. The only guy left who can call BS is Russ Feingold , you aint him, so, say after me; obama is rank opportunist hypocrite.....

his retort of six words :eusa_eh: ummm.....ok.

So you proud of the handiwork of a Repub Congress & Repub justice dept as well? Good on you :thup:

Last edited:

so you proud of the handiwork of a Repub Congress & justice dept as well? Good on you :thup:

HA! You guys OWN the Justice Department now! Are you proud of their handiwork? What about that do nothing Senate of yours?

:eusa_whistle:

link?

you keep posting the same idiocy, 145 voted FOR it and only Russ Feingold of the senate voted against in that house, this has got to be the lamest attempt at a smoke screen I have seen yet.

Obama could have stopped using it, he didn't, he denounced it thought big time..., but he kept on keeping on and is in damage control mode becasue the cats out of the bag.....tough shit for a anyone who cannot summon up the integrity to just say the obvious.....

The President extended 3 provisions. Funny how you left that out. :eusa_whistle: :clap2:

Bullshit. I was there for that debate.

Well, heres a new angle.

If it were so bad during Bush, why are Liberals defending their behavior now? How come Obama didn't do anything to stop this? Instead, he has chosen to abuse this program. It's isn't bullshit, Obama took advantage of it. Obama could have stopped this right here and now.

Now, prove me wrong.

I won't deny that and I won't give Obama a pass for it. What I'd like to know is why this wasn't an issue for the right when George Bush did it? Why is it suddenly a "crisis" when before, it was perfectly fine?

Oh believe me, it remains an issue with me today, as it did then. Maybe not as big of an issue as then, but still. It's a crisis now because it has been abused, not because it was passed. Democrats had the House and Senate from 2006 onwards, all they could do is sit there and protest, when Obama was elected, and they gained further majorities and supermajorities, they passed a healthcare law instead. Where was their concern for our privacy then? Now that they have only the Senate, their opportunity to force the President's hand has been lost.

It isn't fine for anyone to do it, Oldguy.

Last edited:
This has gone way beyond the Patriot Act. It is planetary distances beyond the Patriot Act. It has become offensive for obama to say it's for our own good.

This has gone way beyond the Patriot Act. It is planetary distances beyond the Patriot Act. It has become offensive for obama to say it's for our own good.
It was offensive for Chimpola and his neocon toadies to tell us that it was for our own good.

It has been offensive for over a decade.

There's not a dime's worth of difference between Barry Oingoboingo and Chimpy Bush.

Wake the fuck up.

Last edited:

ummm..... the *cough* "patriot act" is what gave the nsa permission to surveil verizon sugar tits. You don't read much past the headlines if you read the news at all.
*coughcoughcough*

USA PATRIOT passed the Senate 98-1 on original passage, and has enthusiastically been reauthorized by a democrat controlled congress and signed by your Deal Leader.

Guess you missed that news...Hackasaurus rex.

ummm..... the *cough* "patriot act" is what gave the nsa permission to surveil verizon sugar tits. You don't read much past the headlines if you read the news at all.
*coughcoughcough*

USA PATRIOT passed the Senate 98-1 on original passage, and has enthusiastically been reauthorized by a democrat controlled congress and signed by your Deal Leader.

Guess you missed that news...Hackasaurus rex.

day late and a dollar short AGAIN Oddball? :eusa_doh: I was explaining to USMB's conservative princess how that Repub piece of legislation (Bush justice dept patriot act :) ) is involved in the current *cough* scandal over verizon. There. I explained it to you 2x. Glad to help :)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back