Zone1 Instead of treating others how you want to be treated

How about we treat people the way they treat us?

What say you?
In some ways, I get you. I spent a good majority of my life in organized religion. And in that time, I was hurt more by those in the "religion" than those outside of the religion. On top of my derelict parents and religious experience, it's probably why I don't have a lot of friends and take a long time before I trust anyone. Not that I'm not nice to you if we just meet, but I will not open up until a thorough background check :)

And what if the other people are wrong?

Do we have to treat them that way too? fall to their level so to speak?

I prefer not to act that way, but that's just my humble opinion! :dunno:

And what if the other people are wrong?

Do we have to treat them that way too? fall to their level so to speak?

I prefer not to act that way, but that's just my humble opinion! :dunno:
If they are wrong they get wronged.

Why should people who act wrongly get better treatment than they give?

You get what you give.

Treat people poorly and get treated poorly.
It is not as simple as that , imo . As an easy example --take initial military training , which is insulting and degrading . But it can produce wonderful final results without harming either party. It is well understood what other factors are required to obtain those very good final outcomes but it suggests your mantra is over simple and just by itself , wrong.

It is not as simple as that , imo . As an easy example --take initial military training , which is insulting and degrading . But it can produce wonderful final results without harming either party. It is well understood what other factors are required to obtain those very good final outcomes but it suggests your mantra is over simple and just by itself , wrong.
Except people volunteer to be treated badly in the military.

They give the military permission to treat them like that.

Forum List

Back