Interactive map: Where in the U.S. can you afford a home on your income?

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Looks like you need at least 60k a year to get started..and 80k+ to have a chance most places.
Of note, there are still some places in this country where less than 50k a year will still put you in a house..some house..err..somewhere...LOL!

Notes: A home is affordable when monthly mortgage payments don’t exceed 30% of the household’s monthly income, assuming a 20% down payment on a 30-year mortgage.

that slider is not sensitive enough I get about 60k a year and best I could do was get it to 80k

doesnt really matter I have a house since 2000.

Not many limitations...

1718380106476.png

Looks like you need at least 60k a year to get started..and 80k+ to have a chance most places.
Of note, there are still some places in this country where less than 50k a year will still put you in a house..some house..err..somewhere...LOL!

Notes: A home is affordable when monthly mortgage payments don’t exceed 30% of the household’s monthly income, assuming a 20% down payment on a 30-year mortgage.

The slider doesn't go far enough to the right for me to check.

Notes: A home is affordable when monthly mortgage payments don’t exceed 30% of the household’s monthly income, assuming a 20% down payment on a 30-year mortgage

In a severely inflated housing market.... Most people don't have 20% down.

Oh, didn't realize there was a slider. It's looking like freakin' Manatee county for me.
Even just breathe on that slider Dook and you're see an entire yellow country that belongs to the wealthy 5% or less.
Ya just can't make this shit up!

Note that the OP has median-priced. One might get lucky and find something below that and in acceptable condition.

Note also that rents are going to be on a similar, close scale.

That's what I been tellin ya'alls Dook. But hardly anybody understands that the wealthy has stolen the working class's piece of the great American pie.

Us ChiComs share!
Not exactly.
Most of the blame lies with the regressive libtards whose zoning, environmental regulations, and higher taxes on everything have driven the prices of purchase and rents through the roof.

Fortunately the wife put a down on this place about 35 years ago before the economy and home price market went crazy. Value for tax purpose is about 5-6 times what she bought for. Sale price in this market would likely be another point or two higher, at least.

Not exactly.
Most of the blame lies with the regressive libtards whose zoning, environmental regulations, and higher taxes on everything have driven the prices of purchase and rents through the roof.
The Democrats may have not put the emphasis on taxation more on the backs of the very wealthy, and hence the working class are still getting stiffed for government's bills.
Maybe Trump will do that? He's certainly promised enough times to do it!
Fortunately the wife put a down on this place about 35 years ago before the economy and home price market went crazy. Value for tax purpose is about 5-6 times what she bought for. Sale price in this market would likely be another point or two higher, at least.

I think that the capitalist principle of 'supply and demand' was responsible. Do you know what that is?

Is there any other explanation for the huge rise in real estate?

Rarely see a for sale sign anymore

Houses do not stay on the market long enough for you to see them.

I am the Treasurer/Secretary for our HOA and as such I get the emails from the title companies when a house is being closed on. We have not had a house in our HOA area sit empty for more than a month, most less than that.

Houses do not stay on the market long enough for you to see them.

I am the Treasurer/Secretary for our HOA and as such I get the emails from the title companies when a house is being closed on. We have not had a house in our HOA area sit empty for more than a month, most less than that.
that was the heyday when homes were selling instantly with multiple bidders.......that is not even remotely the case now

Forum List

Back