Interesting argument against the Ground Zero Mosque

Dude, the Freedom of Information act only applies to the government. And it can be denied, and is, frequently.

But seriously, did you really think that the Freedom of Information act said that EVERYONE had to share ALL information?

Well... DUDE... there are nine reasons why a request for information under the FOIA can be denied.

HRSA - Freedom of Information Act - Exemptions

Now, you see one that applies to this imam POS?

The FOIA doesn't apply to private companies. They don't have to share ANYTHING with the public if they choose not to.

That's not what HRSA says about FOIA. You better post to link to prove that.

Dude, the Freedom of Information act only applies to the government. And it can be denied, and is, frequently.

But seriously, did you really think that the Freedom of Information act said that EVERYONE had to share ALL information?

Well, technically the FOIA could be used to obtain records from the government agency which is presumably granting permits for this building to obtain copies of those permits and certainly you have to list your financial sources on building permits.

What information can be obtained under FOIL?

3. A reasonably detailed current list, by subject matter, of all records in the possession of the agency, whether or not available under FOIL

NYCOSH: Freedom of Information Law in New York State

Why would you have to disclose funding on your building permit applications?

How about because of suspicions of ties to terrorist organizations? Or don't you give a shit about that?

Well... DUDE... there are nine reasons why a request for information under the FOIA can be denied.

HRSA - Freedom of Information Act - Exemptions

Now, you see one that applies to this imam POS?

The FOIA doesn't apply to private companies. They don't have to share ANYTHING with the public if they choose not to.

Here's a link.
USDOJ: Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
Notice how it only applies to the Federal Goverment.

Because they want to make sure you are not going to build half a building and run out of money and leave an ugly ass half completed building as an eyesore . Pretty standard. Now I would wager it will be a bank listed, it certainly won't say "funded by Al Queda" , but the bank has to be listed.

Yeah, nope. There's no financial questions on the applications, aside from cost estimates. I'm looking at the applications right now. You can download the PDFs from here:
Department of Buildings

I concede, NY may be different than Arkansas, but here is one they won't get around.

Application for Recognition of Exemption

which ARE subject to FOIA laws.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-utl/irs_foia_guide.pdf

Eh, that's fine , I was just using it as one more piece of evidence of the piece of trash known as Bert's hypocrisy. He seemingly follows my every post and barks all over me over a SINGLE comment meanwhile I have yet to see him say anything harsh to a leftie. Certainly it's not as if I care what people say about Palin. she's a grown ass woman, I'm fairly certain being called a chimp on a message board means nothing to her, but I'm also fairly certain that being called a cottage cheese cow on a message board doesn't bother clinton.

Charlie considers himself a Conservative Republican. So according to you, I'd have no problem criticizing Charlie. Here's the thing Conhog. I've been calling Charlie a racist sexist pig long before you arrived here. More than a year and a half or so before you got here in fact I was doing so.

Its like I said in the Chelsea thread the other day, I appreciate beauty whether it be Liberal or Conservative. I called Bristol Palin a good looking woman in that same thread and her mother is obviously a good looking woman as well. So your dishonest attempt to smear me in such a manner fails miserably.

Well, technically the FOIA could be used to obtain records from the government agency which is presumably granting permits for this building to obtain copies of those permits and certainly you have to list your financial sources on building permits.

What information can be obtained under FOIL?

3. A reasonably detailed current list, by subject matter, of all records in the possession of the agency, whether or not available under FOIL

NYCOSH: Freedom of Information Law in New York State

How about because of suspicions of ties to terrorist organizations? Or don't you give a shit about that?

Because IT'S NOT THE LAW.

If I wanted to build a house tomorrow, I wouldn't need to list where all the money to pay for it came from on my building permit application. At most I'd have to put a bank, but I've found no evidence that they ask even that much.

This isn't about what I call obama, or what call Palin. It's about a mosque being built at ground zero. I'll concede it's "legal," according to our constitution, so NO, I do NOT want to shred anything, especially our constitution.

We'll there comes a time when I say just say "FUCK THAT!" And I'm SURE I'm not alone.

These two statements don't match. Either you're for having it there, or you're not. If you are conceding it's legal, then there is no need for further debate. Whatever our personal feelings may be, what is the final say here is the Constitution. It's okay to disagree with it going there, but you can't argue it shouldn't exist there simply because they're Muslims.

Yes, I can, and I am.

Eh, that's fine , I was just using it as one more piece of evidence of the piece of trash known as Bert's hypocrisy. He seemingly follows my every post and barks all over me over a SINGLE comment meanwhile I have yet to see him say anything harsh to a leftie. Certainly it's not as if I care what people say about Palin. she's a grown ass woman, I'm fairly certain being called a chimp on a message board means nothing to her, but I'm also fairly certain that being called a cottage cheese cow on a message board doesn't bother clinton.

Charlie considers himself a Conservative Republican. So according to you, I'd have no problem criticizing Charlie. Here's the thing Conhog. I've been calling Charlie a racist sexist pig long before you arrived here. More than a year and a half or so before you got here in fact I was doing so.

Its like I said in the Chelsea thread the other day, I appreciate beauty whether it be Liberal or Conservative. I called Bristol Palin a good looking woman in that same thread and her mother is obviously a good looking woman as well. So your dishonest attempt to smear me in such a manner fails miserably.

Says the little punk who calls me a moron just almost daily despite the evidence to the contrary?

PS - I am in noway alone in thinking you a partisan hack.

Here's a link.

No, I don't. I see that it applies to them, but that page makes no statement that it applies exclusively to them alone.

Now this link shows who it applies to, and it's more than just the USDOJ...

U.S. Department of State Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)

Says the little punk who calls me a moron just almost daily despite the evidence to the contrary?

That's great. And I'm no way alone in thinking you're a complete moron. So what's your point? Want a prize?

ConHog, I call you a moron because you say very stupid things. I'm sure you're a great father, husband, and a great friend to those who know you off this message board. But when you're on here, you make idiotic and in some cases bigoted statements.

If I wanted to build a house tomorrow, I wouldn't need to list where all the money to pay for it came from on my building permit application. At most I'd have to put a bank, but I've found no evidence that they ask even that much.

Funding For Ground Zero Mosque Still In Question

I think for security reason, the funding should be looked into. Use the Homeland Security powers if they have to.

Last edited:
Because they want to make sure you are not going to build half a building and run out of money and leave an ugly ass half completed building as an eyesore . Pretty standard. Now I would wager it will be a bank listed, it certainly won't say "funded by Al Queda" , but the bank has to be listed.

Yeah, nope. There's no financial questions on the applications, aside from cost estimates. I'm looking at the applications right now. You can download the PDFs from here:
Department of Buildings

I concede, NY may be different than Arkansas, but here is one they won't get around.

Application for Recognition of Exemption

which ARE subject to FOIA laws.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-utl/irs_foia_guide.pdf

Well, here's the forms.
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1023.pdf
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f990.pdf
I don't see any questions about financial disclosure.

But I did see this: Exempt Organizations - Contributors' Identities Not Subject to Disclosure

A tax-exempt organization is generally not required to disclose publicly the names or addresses of its contributors set forth on its annual return, including Schedule B (Form 990, 990-EZ, or 990-PF). The regulations specifically exclude the name and address of any contributor to the organization from the definition of disclosable documents.

That's great. And I'm no way alone in thinking you're a complete moron. So what's your point? Want a prize?

ConHog, I call you a moron because you say very stupid things. I'm sure you're a great father, husband, and a great friend to those who know you off this message board. But when you're on here, you make idiotic and in some cases bigoted statements.

Yep, everything I say is stupid and in noway adds to a debate, that's why I get PMs all the time saying differently. Everyone on this god damned board occasionally says stupid insensitive things, that in noway makes everyone on this board a moron.l

I find it massively hard to believe you have missed all the threads where I have buried somoene in facts to disprove their wild claims, oh wait no you haven't because you've been the recipatant several times, including in THIS thread.

Here's a link.

No, I don't. I see that it applies to them, but that page makes no statement that it applies exclusively to them alone.

Now this link shows who it applies to, and it's more than just the USDOJ...

U.S. Department of State Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)

Well, as I said, the Department of State is part of the Federal Government.

But I promise you, you're wrong on this, and you're making a fool of yourself. The Freedom of Information Act certainly does not apply to private organizations. It only applies to GOVERNMENT.

I seriously hope you're joking about this.

Funding For Ground Zero Mosque Still In Question

I think for security reason, the funding should be looked into. Use the Homeland Security powers if they have to.

I'm sure you think it should be looked into. But thankfully, in the real world you can't look into an organization's financial records just because they're Muslim.

Forum List

Back