Interesting speculation.

In my missile crew days it was common knowledge we could put a nuke on Moscow in a little over thirty minutes flight time. Moscow is a similar distance to Pyongyang.

From what I read the gooks icbm had a more vertical trajectory, flew fourty minutes and travelled 400 miles. This could indicate they are not much interested in guidance accuracy as they are EMP detonation. Many experts are speaking out of the immense danger of such a detonation. Mortal wound to our economy. Would China be sad if this happened?

It's time to put an end to this venture.

Nuke em now!

If the missiles fly straight up, how do they get halfway around the world before going off?

BTW a nuke blowing up in space is a non-event.

In my missile crew days it was common knowledge we could put a nuke on Moscow in a little over thirty minutes flight time. Moscow is a similar distance to Pyongyang.

From what I read the gooks icbm had a more vertical trajectory, flew fourty minutes and travelled 400 miles. This could indicate they are not much interested in guidance accuracy as they are EMP detonation. Many experts are speaking out of the immense danger of such a detonation. Mortal wound to our economy. Would China be sad if this happened?

Nuke em now!

If the missiles fly straight up, how do they get halfway around the world before going off?

Another expert weighs in. Where do the come from...Obamas bowels?

More vertical does not mean straight up admiral....it means more vertical....like when you attempt an erection..

a rocket expert who uses Daily Mail Online as a source...

heres del testing range and trajectory ...

hqdefault.jpg

Nuke em now!

The Admiral asked me how many daisy-cutters "were shot down" in Vietnam.
lol.gif

Nuke em now!

lol.gif

Seems to be more than a few weighing in that are in waaaaay over their heads.

Nuke em now!

lol.gif

He called me an "amateur" for suggesting we drop a MOAB (a daisy-cutter's big brother) on Kimchi's palace.

Meh, just put a Tomahawk up the half pint's ass...but yeah a MOAB would be a pretty sight as well

Kill his ass and everybody around him...risky for a C-130 or B-52 to get in there so a strike with multiple missiles would probably be better. I've always thought a cruise missile with an atomic warhead would be a good idea to irradiate his nuclear facilities for about 20 years....Iran's too.

He called me an "amateur" for suggesting we drop a MOAB (a daisy-cutter's big brother) on Kimchi's palace.

Meh, just put a Tomahawk up the half pint's ass...but yeah a MOAB would be a pretty sight as well

Kill his ass and everybody around him...risky for a C-130 or B-52 to get in there so a strike with multiple missiles would probably be better. I've always thought a cruise missile with an atomic warhead would be a good idea to irradiate his nuclear facilities for about 20 years....Iran's too.

I don't know if the Navy still has them but they used to have Tomahawks with tactical nukes

Nuke em now!
You know that there are SSBN's targeting North Korea right now

The One U.S. Submarine That Could Completely Destroy North Korea

a full salvo from an Ohio-class submarine—which can be launched in less than one minute—could unleash up to 192 nuclear warheads to wipe twenty-four cities off the map. This is a nightmarish weapon of the apocalypse.

I

FIrst the trajectory was to keep it local to N. Korea

So much for the EMP theory.

The expert points to a test conducted by the US in 1962 known as ‘Starfish Prime.’

At the time, the researchers launched a missile roughly 400 kilometers (248 miles) above the Pacific Ocean to see how a high-altitude attack, which would trigger an electromagnetic pulse, would affect military equipment.

The bomb was about 100 times larger than the one dropped on Nagasaki – but apart from ‘stunning visuals,’ the test was a ‘disappointment,’ Lewis writes.

While some have claimed that Starfish Prime had dramatic effects down below, shutting off lights across millions of square miles and turning off cars, the expert says there was no evidence to support this.

Instead, just one string of street lights failed in Honolulu.

Read more: North Korea 'could be preparing EMP strike on US' | Daily Mail Online

So much for the EMP theory.

The expert points to a test conducted by the US in 1962 known as ‘Starfish Prime.’

At the time, the researchers launched a missile roughly 400 kilometers (248 miles) above the Pacific Ocean to see how a high-altitude attack, which would trigger an electromagnetic pulse, would affect military equipment.

The bomb was about 100 times larger than the one dropped on Nagasaki – but apart from ‘stunning visuals,’ the test was a ‘disappointment,’ Lewis writes.

While some have claimed that Starfish Prime had dramatic effects down below, shutting off lights across millions of square miles and turning off cars, the expert says there was no evidence to support this.

Instead, just one string of street lights failed in Honolulu.

Read more: North Korea 'could be preparing EMP strike on US' | Daily Mail Online

I've read we've hardened our electrical grid to the point we can now launch attacks on parts of it ourselves and then stop them before there's any problem. We in the Southwest are more concerned about a missile hitting Hoover Dam....the flood would kill thousands.

If we did nuke North Korea - with enough nukes to instantaneously destroy their positions north of Seoul, their intermediate missile capabilities, their long range missile capabilities (if there are any), their nuclear facilities, and their potential to launch a conventional attack against South Korea, wouldn't it cuase a huge amount of fallout radiation to drift over South Korea, China and possibly Japan?

I'd think that the casualties suffered by our ally's populations in the weeks afterwards makes the possibility of using nuke against N. Korea not feasible..

You derps do understand that the US long ago told China and North Korea that if even a single atomic weapon launched from North Korea detonates in the territory of one of our allies that North Korea vanishes from the surface of the Earth? Yes, no? And any 30 IQ bung could extrapolate the consequences of a single attack on the US itself?

Cons, stop posting these 'the sky is falling' threads and instead go watch Friday The 13th to get your fear on.

Last edited:
... wouldn't it cuase a huge amount of fallout radiation to drift over South Korea, China and possibly Japan?

I'd think that the casualties suffered by our ally's populations in the weeks afterwards makes the possibility of using nuke against N. Korea not feasible..

They don't think about the consequences of their actions. Which is why they threaten to do things they know are too dangerous to actually accomplish. Like repeal of Obamacare leaving 22 to 35 million without healthcare.

Forum List

Back