Iowa: Man Sentenced to 16-Years in Prison for Stealing, Burning LGBT Flag

You understood even before you posted this that your argument was going to be dishonest. He wouldn't have received any jail time if he had burned HIS flag .
How much is the proper incarceration time for stealing and destroying a $20 flag worth?....Your liberal judges give out 5 year sentences AND LESS for MURDER!
Reimburse the cost of the flag and a small fine perhaps. He has "free speech" rights too

What he did has nothing to do with free speech. It's amazing the dishonesty here.
You're wrong.

I did not agree with stealing the fag flag. But the ACT OF BURNING IT is protected speech

You understood even before you posted this that your argument was going to be dishonest. He wouldn't have received any jail time if he had burned HIS flag .
How much is the proper incarceration time for stealing and destroying a $20 flag worth?....Your liberal judges give out 5 year sentences AND LESS for MURDER!
Reimburse the cost of the flag and a small fine perhaps. He has "free speech" rights too

What he did has nothing to do with free speech. It's amazing the dishonesty here.
But YOU can burn an American flag, you piece of shit and it has EVERYTHING to do with free speech!

15 years for burning an LGBTQ flag and nothing for burning the American flag. Now that's effed up.

I'm pretty sure if you were to go to a church, tear down the US flag they had flying, set it on fire outside of a bar, then brag about doing it on tv, you'd be charged and convicted. ;)

Of course, the sentence would be less unless it somehow also fell under the hate crime laws. I don't like that this apparently became a felony because of that classification, as I don't like hate crime legislation.
Wouldn't burning the American flag be an act of hate just like burning the faggot flag was adjudicated as an act of hate?

I doubt it would fit under the hate crime laws.

Also, calling it "the faggot flag" does not make you seem like someone attempting to be reasonable. ;)

I couldn't help by notice how you've [Bodecea] suddenly become fixated on the overused three letter acronym "CRC." It probably makes you feel edgy, hip, aware, woke, or some such bullshit, but it's really kinda lame.

It's a TLA that he made up, that only he ever uses, and most times, only he understands exactly what he means by it. It kind of defeats the purpose of language, to misuse it in a way that obfuscates rather than communicates one's meaning. Almost Orwellian.

So I came up with one for you secular progressive useless Democrats.

SPUD

Wear it well, because it fits you people perfectly.

:21::auiqs.jpg::laugh::laughing0301::lmao::lol:

Fighting lame with lame.

th

The Confederate statues and other memorials demolished across the country weren't property that belonged to progressives (ANTIFA) to destroy.

Should we give those ANTIFA members all fifteen years in prison too?

*****SMILE*****

:)

They were "demolished"? Says who? And if you were honest :)auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:), you would admit those statues were taken down legally, voted to be removed...NOT demolished....by the very city, county, or state governments that own them. But I suppose HONESTY is not something to really expect from CRCs.

I couldn't help by notice how you've suddenly become fixated on the overused three letter acronym "CRC." It probably makes you feel edgy, hip, aware, woke, or some such bullshit, but it's really kinda lame.

SPUD

I THINK he/she/it means "Conservative Right-wing Christian", but not really sure

This kid no longer supports "hate crime" laws if this is the way they can be abused.

15 years for a juvenile flag-burning prank? Bullshit to that.

th

The Confederate statues and other memorials demolished across the country weren't property that belonged to progressives (ANTIFA) to destroy.

Should we give those ANTIFA members all fifteen years in prison too?

*****SMILE*****

:)

They were "demolished"? Says who? And if you were honest :)auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:), you would admit those statues were taken down legally, voted to be removed...NOT demolished....by the very city, county, or state governments that own them. But I suppose HONESTY is not something to really expect from CRCs.

I couldn't help by notice how you've suddenly become fixated on the overused three letter acronym "CRC." It probably makes you feel edgy, hip, aware, woke, or some such bullshit, but it's really kinda lame.

SPUD

I THINK he/she/it means "Conservative Right-wing Christian", but not really sure

Same here. I'm not really sure what he/she/it means every time he/she/it posts. TDS is one hell of a disease.

Nope that is not what happened. The Israeli flag was burned. Confederate flags were banned from the convention. Even the flag of MS. But not this flag.

View attachment 295746
Good thing Confederate flags aren't banned from Trump rallies....
View attachment 295758

So again.....did the people burning the Israeli flag buy that flag or did they take someone else's property and destroy it??

No one is stopping you from burning Nike shoes because of how protesting police shootings triggers you, you can burn Mexican flags ..you can purchase and destroy whatever other items that you feel represents minorities you hate -- have at it...burn them....

It still isn't illegal.......but it isn't enough for racists, xenophobes and homophobes...they need to burn other people's property, or burn things on people's property to get the full buzz hate gives them....

Rallies is one thing. DNC is another. You're mixing apples and oranges.
So the DNC banned Confederate flags at their convention??

And this triggered you why??

Remember when this post was about a guy burning someone else's property and you totally abandoned defending and starting talking about oranges??

Trumpers are pathetic....

Not what I said. I said they banned the flag of MS but allowed the Palestinian flag. Learn to read, you Jew hating asshole. You're pathetic and a coward.
So they banned the flag of Multiple Sclerosis?? what do you mean they banned the flag of MS??

You can also burn the Palestinian flag if that makes you feel better.....
Why would I burn any flag? That’s for Leftists.

So burning the American flag is protected under free speech but burning a faggot flag is not? I understand that if the flag is not yours that is destruction of private property but does not warrant 16 years in prison. I guess the judge is gay and non partial
I guess you are not familiar with the concept of property and theft.

Not sure why you are having trouble following peoples objections. The objection is with someone receiving a harsher sentence based on hate crime status.
Hate crime laws are wrong in the first place.
destruction of private property is against the law. it makes no difference what your reason is. What hate crime laws do is make one segment of the population more important than the other,

What is really disturbing is that far too often, these liberal judges see an act against an OBJECT as more horrendous than an act against an actual PERSON.
15 YEARS for burning a flag....5 for murder?
Same with gun grabbers who see the GUN as the criminal, rather than the person puling the trigger.

These people are severely messed up.

Good thing Confederate flags aren't banned from Trump rallies....
View attachment 295758

So again.....did the people burning the Israeli flag buy that flag or did they take someone else's property and destroy it??

No one is stopping you from burning Nike shoes because of how protesting police shootings triggers you, you can burn Mexican flags ..you can purchase and destroy whatever other items that you feel represents minorities you hate -- have at it...burn them....

It still isn't illegal.......but it isn't enough for racists, xenophobes and homophobes...they need to burn other people's property, or burn things on people's property to get the full buzz hate gives them....

Remember when this post was about a guy burning someone else's property and you totally abandoned defending and starting talking about oranges??

Not what I said. I said they banned the flag of MS but allowed the Palestinian flag. Learn to read, you Jew hating asshole. You're pathetic and a coward.
So they banned the flag of Multiple Sclerosis?? what do you mean they banned the flag of MS??

Afternoon, Azog. What people are overlooking, is that the police were never called about a "flag burning". The dumb ass, many on the right are outraged for, threatened to burn down the bar after being kicked out, came back with tire, rags (the flag), accelerates or explosives and lit them in front of the bar. Police were called. They did not wait for numb nuts to roll the tire through the door. Hard to say if they could identify what kind of rags were being used to get the tire burning. Iowa is not a stand your ground state. They do not want society to deteriorate to the point where it becomes necessary. They probably will use any statute possible to add to sentencing guidelines to clear dangerous scum from their streets. In much of the country, police might have been called after the suspected arsonist was down, maybe breathing his last. I read up on Ames. Sounds like a nice place to live and raise kids if they can discourage the scum from taking up residence and taking over.

Afternoon, Azog. What people are overlooking, is that the police were never called about a "flag burning". The dumb ass, many on the right are outraged for, threatened to burn down the bar after being kicked out, came back with tire, rags (the flag), accelerates or explosives and lit them in front of the bar. Police were called. They did not wait for numb nuts to roll the tire through the door. Hard to say if they could identify what kind of rags were being used to get the tire burning. Iowa is not a stand your ground state. They do not want society to deteriorate to the point where it becomes necessary. They probably will use any statute possible to add to sentencing guidelines to clear dangerous scum from their streets. In much of the country, police might have been called after the suspected arsonist was down, maybe breathing his last. I read up on Ames. Sounds like a nice place to live and raise kids if they can discourage the scum from taking up residence and taking over.
15 years in prison? Seems nobody takes THIS similar incident seriously. He COULD have been charged with many of the same things, but he wasn't. The beaten down masses seemed to take THIS incident all too casually

Last edited:

You're wrong.

I did not agree with stealing the fag flag. But the ACT OF BURNING IT is protected speech

And he wasn't in trouble for that outside of the fact it is NOT protected speech to burn someone else's flag. But you like others can't be honest about that.

But YOU can burn an American flag, you piece of shit and it has EVERYTHING to do with free speech!

You can burn a LGBT flag also as long as it's yours.

No, what's amazing how you casually accept burning of the US Flag as free speech, but see his act entirely different.
If someone called you a flaming hypocrite, who could blame them?

If you want to discuss this honestly, great. I don't see that happening.

Forum List

Back