Iowa Passes Six Weeks Abortion Ban

There is definitely pain if the abortion is late in the pregnancy. That’s why limiting it to early is a moral compromise.
The ability of a fetus to feel pain does not occur until at least the 24th. or 25th. week of pregnancy. So in 99% + of abortions the fetus cannot feel pain. Even after the 25th. week it is questionable if pain is interpreted the same way as we do. The brain isn't fully developed. And self autonomy definitely doesn't exist.

Of course it didn’t. States can decide to make it as restrictive or as lenient as they wish. So how is that a ban?
This is about Iowa, a group of men decided 6 weeks was appropriate, few of which are doctors. That makes a whole lot of sense.

I attempted to look up calculations on what the Earth's population would be if there were never any abortions. No one attempted to do so. ( You people complain about a few hundred thousand immigrants, what are you going to do with almost a million new people each year. Abortion peaked in the 70's at about 1.5 million it's been steadily declining ever since, there was a slight increase during the pandemic, understandably so. ) Couldn't find it, but by your own side's argument it would be in the millions, if not billions of additional population, also there would be a less fit people to carry the load for the ones that had so many abnormalities they should have been aborted. Nature takes care of most of those cases but unfortunately not all.

Are you really this terrible at math? 8 billion is 16 times 500 million. The population explosion happened in the last 200 years. You think women just stopped having abortions in the last 200 years? Prior to that for thousands of years women were killing their unborn children at the cyclic rate keeping the human population down? Really.

Abortions peaked in the 90's. Roe wasnt even passed until 73, and until then it was illegal in most states. It was only completely legal in 1 state (PA) 33 States had risk to mother exceptions (life/health), 3 rape or incest, and 4 on request with a few provisions.

Are you really making the eugenics argument in favor of abortion? Which chapter of Mein Kampf did you read that in?

Stann

You're disagreeing with me asking if you found the provision of the Constitution the Iowa law violates? You made the claim that it "totally violates the Constitution"

Are you really this terrible at math? 8 billion is 16 times 500 million. The population explosion happened in the last 200 years. You think women just stopped having abortions in the last 200 years? Prior to that for thousands of years women were killing their unborn children at the cyclic rate keeping the human population down? Really.

Abortions peaked in the 90's. Roe wasnt even passed until 73, and until then it was illegal in most states. It was only completely legal in 1 state (PA) 33 States had risk to mother exceptions (life/health), 3 rape or incest, and 4 on request with a few provisions.

Are you really making the eugenics argument in favor of abortion? Which chapter of Mein Kampf did you read that in?
You do not understand what I am saying. I was looking at the big picture. The question I was seeking an answer for is, " what would the world's population be if no woman throughout history had an abortion. I surmized that the world would be long dead now from the super overpopulation that resulted because of the lack of technology to do otherwise. We are barely squeaking by as it is. That much more pressure on the whole ecosystem would surely stress the biosphere into collapse. By the way abortions peaked sometime in the 1970's at about 500,000 per year in the U.S.

You do not understand what I am saying. I was looking at the big picture. The question I was seeking an answer for is, " what would the world's population be if no woman throughout history had an abortion. I surmized that the world would be long dead now from the super overpopulation that resulted because of the lack of technology to do otherwise. We are barely squeaking by as it is. That much more pressure on the whole ecosystem would surely stress the biosphere into collapse. By the way abortions peaked sometime in the 1970's at about 500,000 per year in the U.S.
Um no they didnt.

There were more than that last year.

For being this passionate about this topic your rather wildly uninformed about it.

The ability of a fetus to feel pain does not occur until at least the 24th. or 25th. week of pregnancy. So in 99% + of abortions the fetus cannot feel pain. Even after the 25th. week it is questionable if pain is interpreted the same way as we do. The brain isn't fully developed. And self autonomy definitely doesn't exist.

Then why is it doctors use fetal anesthesia at 15 weeks for fetal surgery? It's standard

Other studies conclude babies experience pain as early as seven weeks.

Regardless... it's a human life and killing it is murder

I’m glad you have your wonderful boy in your life, but how was birth control not available?
Seriously! Do you think birth control was always there? Even after birth control was available it would not be prescribed to the childless for years.

Seriously! Do you think birth control was always there? Even after birth control was available it would not be prescribed to the childless for years.
They always had spermicide and condoms, at the minimum. No prescription necessary, and used together, very effective.

Um no they didnt.

There were more than that last year.

For being this passionate about this topic your rather wildly uninformed about it.
I am correct in the early 1970's abortions peaked at 1.6 million. The figure I gave you was incorrect. Go to Pewresearch. Your survey only covers the 2000's.

I am correct in the early 1970's abortions peaked at 1.6 million. The figure I gave you was incorrect. Go to Pewresearch. Your survey only covers the 2000's.
What chart are you reading? 1990 1.4 million abortions in the US was most ever.

ft_2023.01.11_abortion_01.png

You really are just terrible at math.

Well, you do have your wonderful son. I found non-prescription birth control quite effective, personally.
Yes. The newer ones are. Given the choice, I had no other children. I exercised my choice. I'm sorry that i did. I made unfortunate decisions. I had no idea when I was going through my hectic pressured life that I would ever regret those decisions. Even when someone said to me that no one, on their deathbed, ever said " I wish I never had my family. I should have given more thought to what I was doing. I was a bit foolish consumed with an exciting dynamic career. It was a huge step for me, in my 40s, to get a cat.

"My son is nearly 60. Just for a perspective.

Yes. The newer ones are. Given the choice, I had no other children. I exercised my choice. I'm sorry that i did. I made unfortunate decisions. I had no idea when I was going through my hectic pressured life that I would ever regret those decisions. Even when someone said to me that no one, on their deathbed, ever said " I wish I never had my family. I should have given more thought to what I was doing. I was a bit foolish consumed with an exciting dynamic career. It was a huge step for me, in my 40s, to get a cat.

"My son is nearly 60. Just for a perspective.
Your son is 60? Wow, we are talking longer ago than I thought. I suppose birth control was harder to get back then.

(You’re also older than I thought. Probably around BIden’s age, and look how sharp you are compared to him. Just shows Biden’s cognitive decline is not normal aging - but dementia.)

Your son is 60? Wow, we are talking longer ago than I thought. I suppose birth control was harder to get back then.

(You’re also older than I thought. Probably around BIden’s age, and look how sharp you are compared to him. Just shows Biden’s cognitive decline is not normal aging - but dementia.)
Biden is a bit older than I am. I compare him to Clint Eastwood or Harrison Ford. Biden is decrepit.

One of the psychologists I worked with told me that every flaw a person has is magnified in their later years. Biden was always a liar. Biden was always a self seeking blowhard. He always was inappropriate with little girls. He always liked to abuse those he considered lower than himself. As vice president he commonly walked around nude and went nude swimming in front of the secret service.

He is exactly what he always was only worse.

Says the man whose party protects biological men who want to play on girls’ teams and deprive the females from well-deserved scholarships - and kicks off the team a high school girl who complained she doesn’t like seeing a “woman” with male genitalia in the locker room.
Amazingly Clayton gives a thumb down, otherwise showing his total dumb ace in this thread. The crazy thing is people like ole Clayton staying as ignorant on life for as long as he has... Now that's amazing.. Then again maybe not... 😂

Forum List

Back