Iran: Lets Clear Things Up

In 1953 US overthows democratically elected leader of Iran to maintain oil profits.
From then till 1979, US supports murderous Shah who kills tens of thousands incuding the most hideous form of torture you can imagine.

Then US enocurages their ally Sadaam Hussein to invade Iran, supporting him with weapons while he kills half a million Iranianas. When Hussein uses chemical weapons against Iranians during that war US blocks UN from condemning, even denying Hussein has such weapons even though they were given to Iraq in part from the US.

US shoots down Iranian passenger jet and refuses to apologize.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. By my count US is complicit in killing nearly one million Iranians.

US then invades Iraq overthrowing old friend Sadaam leading to massive instability on Iranian border and bringing terrorists to their doorstep and refugees.

After 9/11 Iran gives key intelligence to US about terorrists leading to arrests of mostly Saudi(US ally) terrorists.

Iran Offers full peace offer to Bush Admin which is flatly rejected.

On behalf of the US, I apologize Iran.

And what followed the Shah was worse for the people of Iran. Go figure.

In 1953 US overthows democratically elected leader of Iran to maintain oil profits.
From then till 1979, US supports murderous Shah who kills tens of thousands incuding the most hideous form of torture you can imagine.

Then US enocurages their ally Sadaam Hussein to invade Iran, supporting him with weapons while he kills half a million Iranianas. When Hussein uses chemical weapons against Iranians during that war US blocks UN from condemning, even denying Hussein has such weapons even though they were given to Iraq in part from the US.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. By my count US is complicit in killing nearly one million Iranians.

US then invades Iraq overthrowing old friend Sadaam leading to massive instability on Iranian border and bringing terrorists to their doorstep and refugees.

After 9/11 Iran gives key intelligence to US about terorrists leading to arrests of mostly Saudi(US ally) terrorists.

Thats debatable. What we know for sure is that both the Shah and Ayatollah were worse then the prime minister we overthrew.

Any one else? who can shed light on where we are with Iran & how we got there?

The history of where we are and how we got there is too long to get it all here, but here is a link to a very good and concise history of how we got here:

Frenemies: Iran and America since 1900 | Origins: Current Events in Historical Perspective

It is very much worth the read, there is much more to it than simply supporting the Shah...

Further proof that all the worlds problems can be traced back to the Brit’s !

you have a complaint of PAST killings of iranians then eh Blake ??
Yes, because they are made to be enemy when we are the ones killing them.

Their deaths dont bother you?

Additionally, plenty of other killings presently happening.

What about the Iranians supplying the Iraqis with IEDs used to kill our troops?
Horrible for our troops.

But you can bet if Iran invaded Mexico we would do more then supply mexicans with IEDS, no?

If you object to that you must then object to us giving Iraq chemical weapons to kill Iranians or us giving the Shah weapons to kill Iranians, no?

Russian PEOPLE are good people , good food , nice weapons that they'd like to sell to American gun owners and buyers plus Russian are mostly Orthodox Catholic . 'iranians' are muslim and took Americans hostage , took American Sailors hostage a few years ago so thats the end of that in my opinion and they are mostly muslim 12ers . Did i mention that 'iranians' are mostly muslim , muslim Timmy ??
They took Americans hostage after we overthrew their government, and helped murder tens of thousands of them. By supporting the murderous SHAH we took their entire country hostage.

When the Shah fled they wanted to put him on trial for crimes yet we help him escape.
I dont condone hostge taking. But I also dont codone murdering them for a half century.

The Iranians also were quite helpful with terror intelligence post 9/11.

My point is we have been 1000000 times more harmful to them then in reverse. Ignoring this is either being ignorant or a hypocrite. Period.

SO what are you? Dumb or a hyporcite?

Can you do simple math?

What is 1979 - 1953? They took hostages 27 years AFTER the fact? You are dumber than a flippin' post!

Russian PEOPLE are good people , good food , nice weapons that they'd like to sell to American gun owners and buyers plus Russian are mostly Orthodox Catholic . 'iranians' are muslim and took Americans hostage , took American Sailors hostage a few years ago so thats the end of that in my opinion and they are mostly muslim 12ers . Did i mention that 'iranians' are mostly muslim , muslim Timmy ??
They took Americans hostage after we overthrew their government, and helped murder tens of thousands of them. By supporting the murderous SHAH we took their entire country hostage.

When the Shah fled they wanted to put him on trial for crimes yet we help him escape.
I dont condone hostge taking. But I also dont codone murdering them for a half century.

The Iranians also were quite helpful with terror intelligence post 9/11.

My point is we have been 1000000 times more harmful to them then in reverse. Ignoring this is either being ignorant or a hypocrite. Period.

SO what are you? Dumb or a hyporcite?

Can you do simple math?

What is 1979 - 1957? They took hostages 22 years AFTER the fact? You are dumber than a flippin' post!
No silly. I am saying they took the hostages in 1979 after we helped the Shah escape justice.

We of course, helped the Shah torture and kill thousands of Iranians.

To be clear, I dont think the hostage taking was justified.

Horrible for our troops.

But you can bet if Iran invaded Mexico we would do more then supply mexicans with IEDS, no?

If you object to that you must then object to us giving Iraq chemical weapons to kill Iranians or us giving the Shah weapons to kill Iranians, no?

Check your history. Iran responded to the Iraqi invasion by pushing Iraq back and invading Iraqi territory.

Horrible for our troops.

Check your history. Iran responded to the Iraqi invasion by pushing Iraq back and invading Iraqi territory.
I am not sure your point there?

Yes, they chased the invading army back to destroy them. They failed because of US aid to Iraq.

What is your point here?

Horrible for our troops.

Do you object to the Allies invading Germany to destroy Hitler? Or should they have stopped at the border?

You apologize to the leading exporter of terrorism in the middle east, the country that aligned itself with UBL and the terrorists who slaughtered 3,000 Americans on 9/11/01, the PsOS Barry paid ransoms to in order to bring home Uas hostages...

Another enemy / terrorist sympathizer, just like Barry...
Moron, Iran had nothing to do with 9/11 and in fact help bring those repsonsible to justice.

Saudi Arabia is the leading exporter of terrorism. Period. Saudi Arabia, our ally and the most repressive regime in the region who has the same theology of ISIS.

Iran looks like Jeffersonian democrats in comparison. You apologize for killing half a million Iranians with chemical weapons to support Hussein because, what, you are a vile scumbag?

The fact that you dont know this shows you are an absolute idiot. The fact you think Iran was behind 9/11, when not one person alive does deprives you of the right to speak of any issue.

"The commission's final report also offered new evidence of increased contact between Iran and al-Qaeda. The report contains information about how several of the 9/11 hijackers passed through Iran, and indicates that officials in Iran did not place entry stamps in their passports. However, according to the report (Chapter 7), there is no evidence that Iran was aware of the actual 9/11 plot. Iran has since implemented several widely publicized efforts to shut down al-Qaeda cells operating within its country."

9/11 Commission Report - Wikipedia

Note, they passed through many countries.

A widow of 9/11
Iran and 9/11: Down the Rabbit Hole of Blame | HuffPost

Iranian peace offer incldued full peace with Israel.
In 2003, U.S. Spurned Iran's Offer of Dialogue

Where did you dig up that fantasy? The total casualties on both sides wasn't even close to a half million. Why do you lie? Total civilian deaths were estimated at 11,000-16,000 .

Horrible for our troops.

Do you object to the Allies invading Germany to destroy Hitler? Or should they have stopped at the border?

What did we do in the Gulf War, or is that something you haven't studied? I lived it. We did not invade Iraq in 1992. Once we drove them out of Kuwait, that was the end.

Horrible for our troops.

Yes, they chased the invading army back to destroy them. They failed because of US aid to Iraq.

What is your point here?

No one wanted Iran to gain control of Iraq, mostly the other Arab countries in the region. They hate Persian Muslims.

Thats debatable. What we know for sure is that both the Shah and Ayatollah were worse then the prime minister we overthrew.

We helped over throw the government in 1953. Can you please wrap your head around the fact that almost 3 decades passed? We went from Eisenhower being President to Carter in that time period.

You apologize to the leading exporter of terrorism in the middle east, the country that aligned itself with UBL and the terrorists who slaughtered 3,000 Americans on 9/11/01, the PsOS Barry paid ransoms to in order to bring home Uas hostages...

Moron, Iran had nothing to do with 9/11 and in fact help bring those repsonsible to justice.

Saudi Arabia is the leading exporter of terrorism. Period. Saudi Arabia, our ally and the most repressive regime in the region who has the same theology of ISIS.

Iran looks like Jeffersonian democrats in comparison. You apologize for killing half a million Iranians with chemical weapons to support Hussein because, what, you are a vile scumbag?

The fact that you dont know this shows you are an absolute idiot. The fact you think Iran was behind 9/11, when not one person alive does deprives you of the right to speak of any issue.

"The commission's final report also offered new evidence of increased contact between Iran and al-Qaeda. The report contains information about how several of the 9/11 hijackers passed through Iran, and indicates that officials in Iran did not place entry stamps in their passports. However, according to the report (Chapter 7), there is no evidence that Iran was aware of the actual 9/11 plot. Iran has since implemented several widely publicized efforts to shut down al-Qaeda cells operating within its country."

A widow of 9/11

Where did you dig up that fantasy? The total casualties on both sides wasn't even close to a half million. Why do you lie? Total civilian deaths were estimated at 11,000-16,000 .

Do you not include the deaths of soliders in the casualties of WW2? The Iranian soldiers needn't have died if not for the invasion, no?

Horrible for our troops.

What did we do in the Gulf War, or is that something you haven't studied? I lived it. We did not invade Iraq in 1992. Once we drove them out of Kuwait, that was the end.
You are correct. However, Iraq did not invade us. Kuwait doesn't have the capability to invade Iraq. We, eventually did, including enforcing a no fly zone and imposing sanctions which is something Iran could not have done, especially with a superpower backing Iraq.

A widow of 9/11

Do you not include the deaths of soliders in the casualties of WW2? The Iranian soldiers needn't have died if not for the invasion, no?

Try that again. That post covered about 60 years of history in about 15 words. You exceeded the temporal limits.

Horrible for our troops.

What is your point here?

No one wanted Iran to gain control of Iraq, mostly the other Arab countries in the region. They hate Persian Muslims.

Nor do I. I am not sure what this bears on us instigating an Iraqi invasion of Iran. Nobody wanted to see Iraq control Iran either, no?

We helped over throw the government in 1953. Can you please wrap your head around the fact that almost 3 decades passed? We went from Eisenhower being President to Carter in that time period.

Correct, in between we supported the Shah, a monster who murdered innocent Iranians. After, we supported a monster with chemical weapons with Hussein, who killed Iranians.

Do these things give Iranians a right to kill us now? Of course not. But understanding our crimes towards them can help us move towards peace with them. We owe them an apology. We have both wronged eachother and its time to move forward.

Forum List

Back