Iraq embassy under attack by Iran lead protests!

Fake News Continues

It’s not just the New York Times and the Washington Post that are lying about the attacks on our embassy in Baghdad, but they certainly are at it in a remarkable fashion. Below is one notable example in the Washington Post to kick off the new year. Literally the first word that WaPo prints in 2020 is a lie. Spectacular

ENLY_x_W4AAc12g

It’s also the friends of the mullahs in the Obama administration. They continue their gaslighting, as in Wendy Sherman’s tweet below with the response by Mary Beth Long. Yes, Wendy, you fool, a real Secretary of State would load more pallets of cash on jets destined for Tehran to buy the mullahs’ good will.

Mary Beth Long@LongDefense

Shame on you Wendy and others! When we lost our ambassador in #LIBYA #Benghazi NO ONE showed up in #Tripoli for WEEKS afterward from State (or any other #Obama admin) resulting in ME and my group treated like govt officials b/c Libyans were so desperate for attention. @SecPompeo https://twitter.com/wendyrsherman/status/1212003061973110784 …

Wendy R. Sherman

✔@wendyrsherman

If @SecPompeo was a real SecStste, he’d leave today for Iraq to meet with leaders and most importantly spend new year with embassy employees on duty protecting all of us.

9:44 AM - Dec 31, 2019
:icon_rolleyes:
Arguing for the sake of arguing and wasting everyone's time.

Three paragraphs and you never sourced your claim that this was the work of: "Not terrorists. Pissed off Iraqis, rightfully so."

I suspect your tree frog is less than impressed with claim sourcing skills.
Do you even know what you're attempting to make an argument about ?
We both are clear on what is required of you.

You claimed: "Not terrorists. Pissed off Iraqis, rightfully so."

And I asked you to support your claim, and you started talking about tree frogs.

You are free to make things up, I just wanted to give an opportunity to support your claim if you so desired.

TRUMPY’S NO JIMMY: Iranian militias attack U.S. embassy in Baghdad, Trump sending 4,000 troops.

“More than 100 U.S. Marines arrived at the U.S. embassy in Baghdad earlier Tuesday to help bolster security after the mob of Iranian-backed Shite militiamen tried to storm the U.S. embassy in Baghdad.”​

The Iranians won’t like the way this plays out.

Meanwhile, Democrats are already attacking Trump. Adriana Cohen writes, so much for the water’s edge. Silly Adriana. That’s only for Democrat presidents.

Meanwhile, blue-check lefties have rushed out to call this Trump’s Benghazi. But unlike Hillary, Trump didn’t leave the staff to die, he sent help.

Or as Trump notes:

Screen-Shot-2019-12-31-at-21.47.13.png

FLIR Video • Marines Arrive At The U.S. Embassy In Iraq.

Our Embassy is US Sovereign Territory. If Iran insists on an ass-kicking, and they have been insisting on one for a very long time, I'm sure the Marines would be happy to deliver it.
What seems to be getting lost is the fact that mostly Iraqis, not Iranians stormed our embassy as Iraqi police did nothing to stop it. The Iraqi parliament is now considering telling Americans to get the fuck out of their country. Most of the Middle East with the exception of Israel, do not want to host the American military.

The US embassy in Iraqi, unlike any other embassies in the country is a highly fortified military compound which houses 5500 troops. And that is in addition to 1,000 permanent employees and up to additional 3,000 people as needed. Fortifications include deep security perimeters, buildings reinforced beyond the usual standard, a power generation plant, water and sewage processing, food and munition storage, five highly guarded entrances, and multiple landing pads for helicopters.

Fort Baghdad, is a better description of the compound than the US Embassy. To the Iraqi people, the complex of more than 100 acres along the Tigris River, is a symbol of the American imperialism.
I spent 4 months in the Green Zone in Iraq a few years ago. I've been in the compound, and I can assure that everything in it is needed, and well placed.

That being said, where does this idea of "imperialism" come from ? Imperialism is a practice wherin people from one country go into another, and improperly extract wealth from the prey country .

Where/how do you see that happening in Iraq ? I don't see anything of that . I only see Iraq being helped tremendously, by US forces to expel ISIS (from Trump's efforts), and by taking out al-Zarqawi (Al QAeda in Iraq) in 2006, and the help the US military gave before Obama reversed it all by withdrawing US troops in 2011.

If you want to talk about imperialism (21st century style), you could do your ragging at the imperialists (Mexico, China, India, Phillipines, et al) who have been sending their people here to the US and extracting 10s of Billions$$ every year + stealing jobs from Americans, both in the US, and outsourced to the imperialist countries.
These folks often use buzzwords that they don't really understand.

Thank you for your service.
You're welcome.

What the media is not telling you is that their are millions of Iraqis all over Iraq protesting the involvement of Iranian backed militia running around Iraq cause trouble...the people of Iraq that support their pro America government are also protesting......against the thugs that are at our embassy gates....but the MSM will not show you that or even mention it.....
Yup.

Fake News Media can be counted on to lie in service the Left and the anti-Trumpers.

TRUMP WORKS HIS MAGIC: Congressional Democrats Denounce Killing of Soleimani: Trump is Bringing U.S. to ‘Brink of an Illegal War.’

They didn’t care when Obama droned American teenagers, but this, this, is beyond the pale because reasons.

We both are clear on what is required of you.

You claimed: "Not terrorists. Pissed off Iraqis, rightfully so."

And I asked you to support your claim, and you started talking about tree frogs.

You are free to make things up, I just wanted to give an opportunity to support your claim if you so desired.
Protests have been going on in Baghdad for over a month,
but because you probably only watch CNN and Fox, you didn't know that,
did you?

Last edited:
Trump Fulfills His New Year Promise to Iran.

“There isn’t a lot of ‘Thank Allah It’s Friday’ going around in Terroristland today. Several players from the terrorist game were removed from the board in rather swift fashion and the world is a better place because of it. OK, maybe Democrats don’t think that.”​

Well, many don’t because Orange Man Bad.

TRUMPY’S NO JIMMY: Iranian militias attack U.S. embassy in Baghdad, Trump sending 4,000 troops.

“More than 100 U.S. Marines arrived at the U.S. embassy in Baghdad earlier Tuesday to help bolster security after the mob of Iranian-backed Shite militiamen tried to storm the U.S. embassy in Baghdad.”​

Meanwhile, Democrats are already attacking Trump. Adriana Cohen writes, so much for the water’s edge. Silly Adriana. That’s only for Democrat presidents.

Meanwhile, blue-check lefties have rushed out to call this Trump’s Benghazi. But unlike Hillary, Trump didn’t leave the staff to die, he sent help.

Or as Trump notes:

Our Embassy is US Sovereign Territory. If Iran insists on an ass-kicking, and they have been insisting on one for a very long time, I'm sure the Marines would be happy to deliver it.
What seems to be getting lost is the fact that mostly Iraqis, not Iranians stormed our embassy as Iraqi police did nothing to stop it. The Iraqi parliament is now considering telling Americans to get the fuck out of their country. Most of the Middle East with the exception of Israel, do not want to host the American military.

The US embassy in Iraqi, unlike any other embassies in the country is a highly fortified military compound which houses 5500 troops. And that is in addition to 1,000 permanent employees and up to additional 3,000 people as needed. Fortifications include deep security perimeters, buildings reinforced beyond the usual standard, a power generation plant, water and sewage processing, food and munition storage, five highly guarded entrances, and multiple landing pads for helicopters.

Fort Baghdad, is a better description of the compound than the US Embassy. To the Iraqi people, the complex of more than 100 acres along the Tigris River, is a symbol of the American imperialism.
I spent 4 months in the Green Zone in Iraq a few years ago. I've been in the compound, and I can assure that everything in it is needed, and well placed.

That being said, where does this idea of "imperialism" come from ? Imperialism is a practice wherin people from one country go into another, and improperly extract wealth from the prey country .

Where/how do you see that happening in Iraq ? I don't see anything of that . I only see Iraq being helped tremendously, by US forces to expel ISIS (from Trump's efforts), and by taking out al-Zarqawi (Al QAeda in Iraq) in 2006, and the help the US military gave before Obama reversed it all by withdrawing US troops in 2011.

If you want to talk about imperialism (21st century style), you could do your ragging at the imperialists (Mexico, China, India, Phillipines, et al) who have been sending their people here to the US and extracting 10s of Billions$$ every year + stealing jobs from Americans, both in the US, and outsourced to the imperialist countries.
The definition of imperalism is:
a policy of extending a country's power and influence through diplomacy or military force. This definition certainly fits America's position in Iraq. In 2003, the US military invaded Iraq, overthrew the goverment and occupied the country for 8 years. In the following, years, the US has pushed Iraq into a constitutional Islamic form of goverment. During this time, the US has struck at will at whatever it considers a terrorist target in Iraq with or without Iraqi support. The latest attack in Baghdad was condemned by the Iraqi prime minster calling it an assassination and stating that the strike was an act of aggression and a breach of Iraqi sovereignty which would lead to war in Iraq.

Or as Trump notes:

a policy of extending a country's power and influence through diplomacy or military force....
No it isn't.
... This definition certainly fits America's position in Iraq...
No it doesn't. We are in Iraq with the permission of the Iraqi Government and the authorization of the US Congress.

This Iranian Commander organizing attacks on our forces and Embassy were acts of war, but, Trump called a Code Red on that. No point in crying over smoked terrorists!
...would lead to war in Iraq.
Oh horseshit. Trump has already informed Iran that he has a fresh 52 strong target list for Iran of things they likely consider quite valuable, one for every hostage they took that last time they attacked our embassy an Act of War against the United States. Iran has been pushing harder and harder on a coiling spring for 40 years. If they are smart, they will stop pushing and won't flunk the Darwin test.

But hey, maybe Iran thinks Trump is bluffing!

Ted Cruz is introducing essentially the same article Congress passed honoring Obama for taking out OBL, honoring Trump for taking out this terrorist commander. Any Democrat that wishes to lodge a vote in protest of the President's action will have an opportunity to go on the record in protest. We especially are interested in how the Senators running for Commander in Chief vote.

You can't ask for more than that!

Last edited:

Or as Trump notes:

a policy of extending a country's power and influence through diplomacy or military force. This definition certainly fits America's position in Iraq. In 2003, the US military invaded Iraq, overthrew the goverment and occupied the country for 8 years. In the following, years, the US has pushed Iraq into a constitutional Islamic form of goverment. During this time, the US has struck at will at whatever it considers a terrorist target in Iraq with or without Iraqi support. The latest attack in Baghdad was condemned by the Iraqi prime minster calling it an assassination and stating that the strike was an act of aggression and a breach of Iraqi sovereignty which would lead to war in Iraq.
I GAVE you the definition of imperialism. You're welcome.

As for Iraq, they are welcome also. Without us, they would be slaves of ISIS right now.

What's this ? Iran attacking the US ?
Nobody needs to attack the US.
We're our own enemy.
U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time
Hate to burst your bubble, but in fact, the countries that you claim America is indebted to (,ex .China, Japan, Germany), are actually indebted to us , and BIG TIME.

Without the hundreds of thousands of US lives lost in World War 2, China would not exist, and Japan and Germany would still be under the rule of ruthless tyrants.

The liberation all of them got from America can never be repaid, nor can the American lives lost ever be restored.

We're our own enemy.
Hate to burst your bubble, but in fact, the countries that you claim America is indebted to (,ex .China, Japan, Germany), are actually indebted to us , and BIG TIME.

Without the hundreds of thousands of US lives lost in World War 2, China would not exist, and Japan and Germany would still be under the rule of ruthless tyrants.

The liberation all of them got from America can never be repaid, nor can the American lives lost ever be restored.
That's what Julius Caesar used to say about his great empire..

We're our own enemy.

That's what Julius Caesar used to say about his great empire..
What I said is 100% true, no matter what Julius said. Lol

Or as Trump notes:

I GAVE you the definition of imperialism. You're welcome.

As for Iraq, they are welcome also. Without us, they would be slaves of ISIS right now.
It's ridiculous to suggest that the US was the aggressor here. Trump effectively dealt with the Iranian's act of war on Iraqi soil. Organizing an assault on our embassy and then showing up to organize more was a career-ending move for all of them.

Forum List

Back