Ireland about to be gay country

Thats right- from the Conservative point of view- once you allow women to vote-
1) Who said conservatives don't want women to vote.
Ann Coulter for one!!!
  • I think [women] should be armed but should not vote … women have no capacity to understand how money is earned. They have a lot of ideas on how to spend it … it's always more money on education, more money on child care, more money on day care.
Ann Coulter - Wikiquote

I hope Ireland can survive you feeling "a little sorry" for them.

I hope you can survive us disagreeing with you on this subject. But hey, go ahead, act as if we are your version fire aids.

I am more than sure Ireland can survive. But hey, you can pretend like I think you are my version of fire AIDS if it fulfills your constant need to be a victim.

The victims are the ones accusing others of being hateful and bigoted.

I hope you can survive us disagreeing with you on this subject. But hey, go ahead, act as if we are your version fire aids.

I am more than sure Ireland can survive. But hey, you can pretend like I think you are my version of fire AIDS if it fulfills your constant need to be a victim.

I haven't done so and I am surviving perfectly without you agreeing with me. A win-win for us both.

I haven't done so and I am surviving perfectly without you agreeing with me. A win-win for us both.

Surely you jest. Now, if you don't agree with those who insist on calling other hateful and bigoted, here's your chance. Actions speak louder than words.

Surely you jest. Now, if you don't agree with those who insist on calling other hateful and bigoted, here's your chance. Actions speak louder than words.

You mean like how you falsely claimed that disagreeing with you was my version of "fire aids"? Like that? I don't really give a shit if you agree with me or not. You just want to whine and feel like a victim. Surely you do not need me to feel as such.

Last edited:

You mean like how you falsely claimed that disagreeing with you was my version of "fire aids"? Like that? I don't really give a shit if you agree with me or not. You just want to whine and feel like victim. Surely you do not need me to feel as such.

Thou dost protesteth too much. As the old saying goes, the hit dog hollers first. Why do you keep thinking I want to play the victim? Simply by you insisting so makes my point.

If you are to accept other people not being tolerant, there is no tolerance. Does this really have to be explained to you?

Ask yourself, does this "explanation" of yours make any sense? To accept the intolerance of others is within itself tolerance. The very epitome of tolerance. They are entitled to be intolerant, as are you to them.

You mean like how you falsely claimed that disagreeing with you was my version of "fire aids"? Like that? I don't really give a shit if you agree with me or not. You just want to whine and feel like victim. Surely you do not need me to feel as such.

Thou dost protesteth too much. As the old saying goes, the hit dog hollers first. Why do you keep thinking I want to play the victim? Simply by you insisting so makes my point.

You played the victim instant you claimed you were my version of "fire AIDS" for disagreeing with you. There is an another old saying, grow up and be a man.

Good on the Irish! Although the majority of Irish are Catholic, they still voted in favor of equality. Sadly, Australia is now the only English speaking country where gay marriage is not legal in at least one state. Sucks balls.
Tony Abbott, Kevin Rudd, and Julia Gillard, refused to hold a debate on the issue, so it seems that you are stuck with a moral conservative element than runs through both parties.

New Zealand has conservatives, but they are corrupt fiscal conservatives rather than moral conservatives.

Anyway, same-sex couples could always fly to New Zealand to get married, since Australia seems to be decades away from even debating same-sex marriage.

If you are to accept other people not being tolerant, there is no tolerance. Does this really have to be explained to you?

Ask yourself, does this "explanation" of yours make any sense? To accept the intolerance of others is within itself tolerance. The very epitome of tolerance. They are entitled to be intolerant, as are you to them.
Yes, it makes perfect sense.

It's' constitution can only be changed by a vote of the people, not by elected representatives.

So, why is it wrong when people in our states do the same to their Constitutions via the same type of referendum? Double standard much? I don't care about the constitutionality, but if one assumes it's okay for people to vote to allow gay marriage, then why is it wrong when we vote against it here?

See where I'm going with this?

I think you do understand the difference- but I am glad to respond.

The United States Constitution does not provide for national referendums. We the people do not vote to change the Constitution- Ireland does.

The voters in many states can vote to change their state Constitutions- but state Constitutions have to be Constitutional in regards to the United States Constitution.

That is why if voters in a state were to vote to ban gun ownership, the Federal Courts would overturn that Constitutional amendment- because it wouldn't be constitutional.

That is why the Supreme Court is considering cases regarding gay marriage right now.

But you knew that.

Forum List

Back