Irony:

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
A state like Arkansas, with as much of a need for federal money to level their playing field as any, being as conservative as it is; and a state like California, with an economy that would rank well among nations, is as Liberal as it is.

:eusa_think:

transparent2.gif
State of California Debt Clock
transparent2.gif
transparent2.gif
transparent2.gif
transparent2.gif

A state like Arkansas, with as much of a need for federal money to level their playing field as any, being as conservative as it is; and a state like California, with an economy that would rank well among nations, is as Liberal as it is.

Smart people tend to be bookish and they are easily seduced by liberalism.

Stupid people are easily seduced by conservatism.

And as East is east and West is west, nary the twain shall meet.

The states will still get federal money but while Obama told the state governments they were not competent to decide how to best spend that money President Trump is saying they are more competent than federal bureaucrats to decide how to spend that money.

Lol, yes. Because it is that black and white.

I am not a con, but at least cons KNOW big unlimited government sucks every fucking time.

I am not a lib, but I know libs can't be very smart because they think big unlimited government is the way to go.

Lol, yes. Because it is that black and white.
I didn't say 'black and white', I said 'ironic'.

Irony:

The Republican Party was born to prosecute a bloody Civil War where our own government killed thousands of Americans on American soil to cement The Union around the concept of our country being a "Republic", not a "Democracy", which means that ultimately the federal government had the power to micro-manage the states, democratically elected authority in those states be damned.

Irony:

The Democratic Party survived a bloody Civil War where our government killed thousands of Americans on American soil in a failed effort to defend the concept of keeping non-white Americans firmly in their current social classes and to conserve the current direction and flow of the rivers of ca$h flowing through American Industry, The Constitutional promises of opportunity for All Who are Born Here be damned.

Perspective:

I'm not yet of retirement age and I was born the year that the last American Veteran who's service included orders to kill Americans died of old age, and, the paperwork to actually conclude The Civil War and bring closure by enacting The Civil Rights Act didn't get signed until President Johnson in 1965 and he was leading that same Democratic Party at the time, which is also kind of ironic.

Baby Steps! :thup:

Of course, the parties have vacillated in their ideological philosophies over the years, and to say 'The Dems did such-and such in 1854' has absolutely no credibility as an argument against today's Dems. Likewise for Repubs.
This devotion to a Party is just another manifestation of the concept of religion, or tribe.
Silly, really...

I am not a con, but at least cons KNOW big unlimited government sucks every fucking time.

I am not a lib, but I know libs can't be very smart because they think big unlimited government is the way to go.

There is not a "Con" on this forum that does not support big unlimited government

There is not a "Con" on this forum that does not support big unlimited government
I don’t think so, but there certainly are some.

Wow I bet you feel smart responding to a post that's MORE THAN A YEAR OLD

Nothing has changed, so what is your point?
State Fiscal Rankings

CA Bottom five in fiscal rankings

SO not so great after all huh?

Yet, still better than the Fed Govt in debt to GDP and debt per taxpayer.

Forum List

Back