IRs ordered to target people who Teach about the Constitution and the Bill of Rights

Well, those who like the constitution and bill of rights, as written, are likely to get in the way of a person who wants to fundamentally change the country. Obama has used the words "fundamentally change" and "rebuild from the bottom up" on numerous occasions. Clearly, he is dissatisfied with the work our founders did. He did lament recently that the constitution is in his way.

Not hard to understand why he considers many of us his enemies. He prefers blind obedience and people willing to cede all power that our constitution granted the people in exchange for another crappy, communist country with a shithead dictator. The people willing to repeat ugly history are those who don't know a damn thing about history. That is why they are falling for the same rhetoric used by dictators of the past.

Well, those who like the constitution and bill of rights, as written, are likely to get in the way of a person who wants to fundamentally change the country. Obama has used the words "fundamentally change" and "rebuild from the bottom up" on numerous occasions. Clearly, he is dissatisfied with the work our founders did. He did lament recently that the constitution is in his way.

Not hard to understand why he considers many of us his enemies. He prefers blind obedience and people willing to cede all power that our constitution granted the people in exchange for another crappy, communist country with a shithead dictator. The people willing to repeat ugly history are those who don't know a damn thing about history. That is why they are falling for the same rhetoric used by dictators of the past.

I agree with you, except for that part in bold.

The Constitution did not grant us power, we were already sovereign, the Constitution was a compact that granted the federal government certain limited powers that were originally the powers of the States or the people.

9th Amendment
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

10th Amendment

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Last edited:
Umm yeah, this has been news for some time now. Did you really think you were the first one to post about it?

Umm yeah, this has been news for some time now. Did you really think you were the first one to post about it?

I'm drawing attention to the "Bill of Rights" part.

The news has only been about Tea Party and other right wing groups.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, those terrorists who believe in the Bill of Rights --- wait --- I mean wingnuts --- we're not supposed to use the word terrorist until August ...

Internal IRS Mandate: 'Be on the Lookout' for 'Organizations Involved In ... Educating on Constitution and Bill of Rights' | CNS News

WATCH: Jon Stewart slams Obama over the IRS scandal - The Week

That's strange... I thought that they were supposed to be targeting tea-baggers :confused:

So fighting for freedom and America isn't the constitution? You really think what we're seeing is what our founders imagined?:eek:

Imagine being a minority working in the IRS section responsible for evaluating and approving 501(c)(4) applications from Tea Party groups that will use their non-profit tax-exempt status to further deny voting rights to minorities. I can't imagine...

And doesn’t anyone see the hypocrisy of the GOP for calling out the IRS for targeting groups (that lied about being charities) when that party has been targeting black and brown voters for years via every imaginable "voter-fraud" law?

6 Key Takeaways From the Stupidity and Reality of IRS 'Scandal' | Alternet

Yes, those terrorists who believe in the Bill of Rights --- wait --- I mean wingnuts --- we're not supposed to use the word terrorist until August ...

Internal IRS Mandate: 'Be on the Lookout' for 'Organizations Involved In ... Educating on Constitution and Bill of Rights' | CNS News

That's strange... I thought that they were supposed to be targeting tea-baggers :confused:

So fighting for freedom and America isn't the constitution? You really think what we're seeing is what our founders imagined?:eek:

I'm just facetiously noting the fact that the Teabagger movement was bankrupt of any historical knowledge whatsoever.

Crackpot Doom Scandal: "Teabagger is an insult made up by perverted liberals"

Your misleading thread title suggests that someone ordered the IRS to target certain groups. It seems you missed the part about it being an internal policy.

Matthew bit.......immediately likening our government to that of tyrannical dictatorships. Oblivious to he fact that the IRS acts independent of the POTUS and ignoring the fact that the POTUS has already fired the head of the IRS.

BTW, did you donate to CNS as requested at the link? Dupe.

Imagine being a minority working in the IRS section responsible for evaluating and approving 501(c)(4) applications from Tea Party groups that will use their non-profit tax-exempt status to further deny voting rights to minorities. I can't imagine...

And doesn’t anyone see the hypocrisy of the GOP for calling out the IRS for targeting groups (that lied about being charities) when that party has been targeting black and brown voters for years via every imaginable "voter-fraud" law?

6 Key Takeaways From the Stupidity and Reality of IRS 'Scandal' | Alternet

They don't respect our elections and try to vote more then once. What do you want? For them to vote over and over again. Is that acceptable?

Oh yes democracy is anti-non-white. I forgot.

If you care so much about the Constitution, did you say anything when the last President pushed legislation (Patriot and Military Commissions Acts) that virtually nullified the Bill of Rights?

If you care so much about the Constitution, did you say anything when the last President pushed legislation (Patriot and Military Commissions Acts) that virtually nullified the Bill of Rights?

Some of us were too young (I am 23 years old now).

Some of us weren't "awake" to the overbearing weight of the government.

Some of us were once hardcore Democrats (like myself) or hardcore Republicans, blinded by ignorance partisanship. Then we were targeted by Big Gov and became Libertarians. There's a cinematic from a video I often recall to depict this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOc2OFqwJJE]Warcraft III: Reign Of Chaos Opening Cinematics - YouTube[/ame]

Some of us were too young (I am 23 years old now).

Some of us weren't "awake" to the overbearing weight of the government.

Some of us were once hardcore Democrats (like myself) or hardcore Republicans, blinded by ignorance partisanship. Then we were targeted by Big Gov and became Libertarians. There's a cinematic from a video I often recall to depict this:

Warcraft III: Reign Of Chaos Opening Cinematics - YouTube
The Patriot Act eliminated the 4th amendment by no longer requiring authorities to show "probable cause" for any search and seizures.

The Military Commission's Act, made it legal for anyone to be plucked off the street and held indefinately (without charges) for the rest of their life. No due process; no jury in front of peers; no appeals, nothing. If you are declared an "unprivileged enemy belligerent", you're history.

Thank you, George Bush!

Obama's not much different on this issue. He signed the NDAA which further codified the MCA's stripping of our civil rights. In some ways, he's worse than Bush.

It happens that we both agree on this issue, so what controversy are you trying to stir?
That there are a lot of posters like Clementine who bitch a lot about Obama and claim they are for the Constitution, yet said nothing at all, when the last President was doing the same thing. That's hypocrisy and I don't like hypocrites.

I guess my question is why are people talking about targeting people who are teaching something (Bill of Rights) that doesn't really exist anymore?

No.1 - the IRS shouldn't target teachers of any kind and,
No.2 - we should be talking about how we let the government strip us of those rights.

Forum List

Back