IRS: Was Obama set up?

The good that may come out of this is that the sheeple out there will finally realize that FOR SOME INEXPLICABLE REASON, political organizations whose sole purpose is to corrupt the democratic process are considered charities under the tax code. And if there be any common sense left in the populace, they will demand that this travesty be ended.

...and you decide what political organizations are corrupting the democratic process, right?

It's a simple fix.

Get rid of them.

Or at least tighten up the law.

Now there's a thoughtful answer.

This is a bunch of libs circling the wagons to protect Obama, it is sad and desperate at best and all they got is that it is Bush's fault. Then they have to go back many years and claim the IRS did it to the NAACP.

An appointee seven or eight years ago? If that's all you got to hang your hat on, it MUST be a patient appointee that waited so many years to set this up, a true mastermind.

Another issue is that many claim it is unfair to blame Obama for the actions of all the agencies under his administration, this is one area I agree with liberals, yet and this thread is another example, they are quick to blame Bush for everything under his administration and are now claiming his influence four years after the fact.

Then we have the NAACP issue that they use to claim profiling is okay. Liberals if done to the NAACP, it was wrong, just as it is wrong now, it needs to be investigated and found out who in the IRS knew and went along with this violation of the Constitution. This can't be tolerated and we need a new check and balance on the IRS, no matter what.

I don't buy into the conspiracy theory, it is to far fetch and only left wing nut jobs are stupid enough to go down that road.

Benedict Arnold gets brought up alot too.

Another conservative scapegoat?

:eusa_whistle:

Seriously, you should consider not eating paint chips anymore.

I guess when you shove screwdrivers up your nose and ram pencils in your ears you think people around you are eating paint chips.

Right?

And man..that must hurt! You should consider another hobby.:cuckoo:

I'm not the one implying a 5 year gone president is implicated in a current administration scandel. :cuckoo:

This is a bunch of libs circling the wagons to protect Obama, it is sad and desperate at best and all they got is that it is Bush's fault. Then they have to go back many years and claim the IRS did it to the NAACP.

An appointee seven or eight years ago? If that's all you got to hang your hat on, it MUST be a patient appointee that waited so many years to set this up, a true mastermind.

Another issue is that many claim it is unfair to blame Obama for the actions of all the agencies under his administration, this is one area I agree with liberals, yet and this thread is another example, they are quick to blame Bush for everything under his administration and are now claiming his influence four years after the fact.

Then we have the NAACP issue that they use to claim profiling is okay. Liberals if done to the NAACP, it was wrong, just as it is wrong now, it needs to be investigated and found out who in the IRS knew and went along with this violation of the Constitution. This can't be tolerated and we need a new check and balance on the IRS, no matter what.

I don't buy into the conspiracy theory, it is to far fetch and only left wing nut jobs are stupid enough to go down that road.
Actually it was not so long ago that Bush's commissioner went after Lib groups, but even now the Right does not complain about that! Shulman actually denied the tax exemption to the Lib group rather than just delay it like he did to the Right-wing groups!

Bush's IRS Commissioner Shulman in 2011 denied the tax exemption to Emerge America, an organization devoted to cultivating female political leaders for local, state and federal government.

Some of you leftists are straight up fruitcakes, batty as hell! You need major psych drugs or to be put in to straight jackets.

Actually it was not so long ago that Bush's commissioner went after Lib groups, but even now the Right does not complain about that! Shulman actually denied the tax exemption to the Lib group rather than just delay it like he did to the Right-wing groups!

Bush's IRS Commissioner Shulman in 2011 denied the tax exemption to Emerge America, an organization devoted to cultivating female political leaders for local, state and federal government.

so since Bush may have done it, that excuses obama? what is your point?

Isn't this what we expect from a more open and transparent government. Who called the shots at the IRS?

so since Bush may have done it, that excuses obama? what is your point?

No. Then again, I never said Bush did it. That's the simplistic assumption the simpletons have made. I said a Bush APPOINTEE may have done it and may have done it deliberately.
Bush himself is irrelevant, but that's what the Nutter's want to think I said, so they run with it. The party insiders, Bushs's handlers, are relevant though.

Look, folks. This may or may not be what happened, but it IS exactly how big league, hard ball politics is played in Washington and Barack Obama wouldn't be the first outsider who rode into Washington promising to change things who had his ass handed to him by just this sort of stuff. They tried to do it to FDR, did do it to Truman, slung shit at Ronald Reagan every day of his 8 years in office, hung Bill Clinton by his thumbs and spent 8 years trying to manufacture every kind of scandal they could think of against G.W. Bush. Hell, you can go all the way back to at least the Jackson administration and see it done to every President we ever had.

Never forget that EVERYTHING in Washington is about politics. EVERYTHING. Also, never forget that politics is all about perception, not ideals or altruism or even the public good. It's about the IMAGE of power because real power rests in that image. Anything which damages a President's image detracts from his power and that power shifts to someone else. Both parties know this and both parties play the game full tilt, all the time.

In the end, the goal isn't to stick Benghazi or Fast and Furious or the IRS to Barack Obama. It's to make him LOOK guilty. The last thing they really want to do is hang it around his neck and impeach him because that would invite retaliation the next time a GOP President lives in the White House.

I've always believed there is literally no difference between a Bush Republican and a Clinton Democrat. Both factions are in the pockets of global corporations and can be described as Neo-Conservative.

I've also believed that one of the tradeoff's for Hillary's support after the primaries in 2008 was that Obama had to appoint her as SecState and take a bunch of her minions into his inner circle. I've also suspected they were stalking horses whose mission has been to torpedo Obama every chance they got. A good many of those embarrassing events early in his administration were the results of actions taken by Clintonites or advice taken from them. For instance, the bowing to the King of Saudi Arabia incident. A Clintonite was the White House head of protocol and knew better, but told the neophyte President he should do it. Another incident which comes to mind was the disturbing flyover of AF 1 over NYC on the anniversary of 9/11. Again, a Clintonista ordered it.

Eventually, it seems that Obama wised up and pushed the Clintonites out of his inner circle of advisors, but they remain in various places throughout the government where they can create trouble if they're told to.

What you just linked to is another possibility.

The bottom line is to never assume the Republican's and the Clinton's aren't working in unison against Obama.

Clinton was one of the best Republican Presidents ever. He really had everyone fooled.

Some of you leftists are straight up fruitcakes, batty as hell! You need major psych drugs or to be put in to straight jackets.

Thank you for noting. I am currently on my meds, but I depend on the the people around me to let me know when I I behave too close to the edge. Like Hunter Thompson, I wouldn't recommend it for everyone, but it works for me!

P.S. I think you just maligned fruitcakes and bats in the same sentence. Perhaps I should offer to share. What's your tranquilizer of choice?

Curiously, I went over to watch FOX news this morning and they seemed to have spent more time talking about OJ than they did the IRS. Even when commenting on that story, they never even implied that Obama is personally responsible and the first "FOX contributor" they brought onboard was strangely conciliatory. Even Mitch McConnell, in a video cut from the Senate floor, simply remarked that he's asked the White House for full information.

Granted, I haven't watched all that much of their coverage, but what I did see was strangely devoid of the usual foaming at the mouth and constant inferences that Obama is up to something.

What's up with that? Why are they downplaying the IRS story instead of using it to heap scorn and derision on Obama?

Bush appointed an individual to the IRS. While so employed, the appointee did what the boss wanted him to do. When obama became the boss, the appointee did what the new boss wanted him to do. Only this time, what was expected was illegal.

Curiously, I went over to watch FOX news this morning and they seemed to have spent more time talking about OJ than they did the IRS. Even when commenting on that story, they never even implied that Obama is personally responsible and the first "FOX contributor" they brought onboard was strangely conciliatory. Even Mitch McConnell, in a video cut from the Senate floor, simply remarked that he's asked the White House for full information.

Granted, I haven't watched all that much of their coverage, but what I did see was strangely devoid of the usual foaming at the mouth and constant inferences that Obama is up to something.

What's up with that? Why are they downplaying the IRS story instead of using it to heap scorn and derision on Obama?

Well, IMHO, instead of foaming at the mouth and going off like some Lame Street Media outlets, it appears FOX is showing guided journalism. They are trying to determine the extent of the story BEFORE going off. That's what it appears to be about. :eusa_whistle:

Bush appointed an individual to the IRS. While so employed, the appointee did what the boss wanted him to do. When obama became the boss, the appointee did what the new boss wanted him to do. Only this time, what was expected was illegal.

Maybe, but I doubt it. Under Section 1105 of Public Law 105-206 (Internal Revenue Service Restructuring and Reform Act of 1998) the President and Vice President are prohibited by law from directing the actions of any IRS employee in regards to individual investigations or audits. In other words, they may not influence the IRS in matters pertaining to audits and investigations. Though that section does not specifically mention requests for information from 501(c) organizations, another section of the law prohibits any 3rd party contact in relation to any IRS activity. Government officers are considered as "third party" for the purposes of the law.

In other words, the IRS is virtually independent from White House direction or even influence by members of Congress outside the legislative process.

Well, IMHO, instead of foaming at the mouth and going off like some Lame Street Media outlets, it appears FOX is showing guided journalism. They are trying to determine the extent of the story BEFORE going off. That's what it appears to be about. :eusa_whistle:

Yeah, but doesn't that strike you as rather odd for FOX? That's not their usual MO when it comes to Barack Obama.

Correct, independent from direction or influence. However, not independent from review by congress. I blame Congress for this mess. More specifically I blame the republican congressmen who ignored this issue. They are supposed to represent their constituents, and they clearly failed to do so. Why?

Easy: The Republican Party does not like the Tea Party very much. It is a misnomer to say that the Republican party is the party of the constitution, the tea party, liberty, etc. Nah.. The republican party for the most part is led by the neo con, pnac, and ex democrats who simply changed hats.

Forum List

Back