IRS watchdog unable to account for 67MILLION missing from ObamaCare slush fund

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
man oh man...but not to worry, they'll do a WONDERFUL job managing ObamaCare and your health care...ENJOY IT you voted to make the people in this country SLAVES for Obama and his comrades in arms

SNIP:
The IRS is unable to account for $67 million spent from a slush fund established for Obamacare implementation, according to a TIGTA report released today.

WASHINGTON, D.C. – The IRS is unable to account for $67 million spent from a slush fund established for Obamacare implementation, according to a Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) report released today.

The “Health Insurance Reform Implementation Fund” (HIRIF) was tucked into Obamacare in order to give the IRS money to enforce the tax provisions of the healthcare law. The fund, totaling some $1 billion of taxpayer money, was used to roll out enforcement mechanisms for the approximately 50 tax provisions of Obamacare.

According to the report: “Specifically, the IRS did not account for or attempt to quantify approximately $67 million [from the slush fund] of indirect ACA costs incurred for Fiscal Years 2010 through 2012.”

The report also found several other abuses of taxpayer funds, including:

Travel abuse: The report states, “Specifically, we identified 38 IRS employees in two judgmentally selected business units whose travel was charged to the HIRIF in FY 2012, but no portion of their salary and related benefits was charged to the HIRIF.” In short, the IRS was not making sure that employee travel reimbursements had anything to do with the purpose of the fund. This is not the first time that IRS employee travel has created a scandal for the agency.

1,272 IRS Obamacare enforcement agents: The report estimates that total slush fund spending cost taxpayers the equivalent of 1,272 new full time IRS agents.

all of it here
Read more: Americans for Tax Reform : IRS Watchdog: $67 Million Missing from Obamacare Slush Fund
Follow us: @taxreformer on Twitter

Did they ever find the billions in missing cash in Iraq lost during Dubya's presidency?

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh
Booooooooooooosh
bush

you people REFUSE to live in the here and now

I suspect the used the slush fund to cover the harassment campaign to prevent Tea Party participation in the 2012 election.

Look what this is COSTING us taxpayers already for this new government fraud...

the fleecing of the taxpayers and growing government is the motto of this administration

if i can't account for $67 the IRS is all over me threatening legal action....

the government....67 MILLION....that's cool

Correction.... That's not $67 million....

The fund, totaling some $1 billion of taxpayer money, was used to roll out enforcement mechanisms for the approximately 50 tax provisions of Obamacare.

Read the full article. It's not limited to $67 mil.
Is anyone keeping track of these scandals?

Last edited:

The fund, totaling some $1 billion of taxpayer money, was used to roll out enforcement mechanisms for the approximately 50 tax provisions of Obamacare.

Obama is. But I'm sure it's just coincidence that they're ALL phony.

WASHINGTON, D.C. – The IRS is unable to account for $67 million spent from a slush fund established for Obamacare implementation, according to a Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) report released today.

Check Lois Lerner's bank account(s). Or maybe it was used for a dozen more Star Trek-type skits and plush hotel rooms.

Obamacare hasn't fully begun and the IRS is already mishandling money related to it. And yet the Dumbos can't figure out why a majority of Americans hate it and want the GOP to kill it.

Why yes, the president runs over every office in government, not!

The IRS is unable to account for $67 million spent from a slush fund established for Obamacare implementation, according to a TIGTA report released today.

That's not what that says. It says they didn't take funds from that account (not that funds have disappeared from the account) that they should have. They haven't been cost-allocating parts of their office space and IT expenses to the Obamacare fund, even though part of those should count as health care reform implementation spending for accounting purposes.

TIGTA also found that the IRS did not track all costs associated with implementation of the ACA including costs not charged to the HIRIF. Specifically, the IRS did not account for or attempt to quantify approximately $67 million of indirect ACA costs incurred for Fiscal Years 2010 through 2012. Indirect costs include, for example, providing employees with workspace and information technology support.
In FYs 2010 through 2012, the IRS received funds from the HIRIF for annual direct labor and related benefit costs totaling $162 million cumulatively. However, our review of the IRS’s records indicated that it did not account for or attempt to quantify any indirect costs during FYs 2010 through 2012. Based on the IRS’s own internal cost accounting guidelines, the indirect costs associated with these direct labor charges likely totaled approximately $67 million for FYs 2010 through 2012. The excluded indirect costs relate to providing employees with the workspace, support, and ongoing access to the full range of tools and technology support necessary for the performance of their jobs. For example, while the IRS may have been able to place most new employees hired for the ACA in existing leased space, it still had to pay rent on this space, could not use the space for other purposes, and could not consider the space for inclusion in its ongoing space reduction efforts.

They're underbilling the Obamacare implementation fund, meaning there is $67 million in indirect costs they should have charged to it but didn't. Isn't reading comprehension a prerequisite even for faux journalism anymore?

Last edited:
make the people in this country SLAVES for Obama and his comrades in arms
You feel like a slave? I'd love to see you made black and thrown back in time 160 years so you could spend your days as a real slave instead of some bitter woman who spends her day in the comfort of her climate controlled home diddling herself juicy over anything she can find to regurgitate on the internet claiming she feels like a slave or America has been dismantled.

Last edited:
make the people in this country SLAVES for Obama and his comrades in arms
You feel like a slave? I'd love to see you made black and thrown back in time 160 years so you could spend your days as a real slave instead of some bitter woman who spends her day in the comfort of her climate controlled home diddling herself juicy over anything she can find to regurgitate on the internet claiming she feels like a slave or America has been dismantled.

wtf?
go diddle yourself juicy you stupid jerkoff...you probably had a orgasm posting this which is about all you do on this board...you offer NOTHING but troll shit

Last edited:

Why yes, the president runs over every office in government, not!
Oh, sorry, I forgot. Obama is blameless.

pointy.jpg

man oh man...but not to worry, they'll do a WONDERFUL job managing ObamaCare and your health care...ENJOY IT you voted to make the people in this country SLAVES for Obama and his comrades in arms

SNIP:

The “Health Insurance Reform Implementation Fund” (HIRIF) was tucked into Obamacare in order to give the IRS money to enforce the tax provisions of the healthcare law. The fund, totaling some $1 billion of taxpayer money, was used to roll out enforcement mechanisms for the approximately 50 tax provisions of Obamacare.

According to the report: “Specifically, the IRS did not account for or attempt to quantify approximately $67 million [from the slush fund] of indirect ACA costs incurred for Fiscal Years 2010 through 2012.”

The report also found several other abuses of taxpayer funds, including:

Travel abuse: The report states, “Specifically, we identified 38 IRS employees in two judgmentally selected business units whose travel was charged to the HIRIF in FY 2012, but no portion of their salary and related benefits was charged to the HIRIF.” In short, the IRS was not making sure that employee travel reimbursements had anything to do with the purpose of the fund. This is not the first time that IRS employee travel has created a scandal for the agency.

1,272 IRS Obamacare enforcement agents: The report estimates that total slush fund spending cost taxpayers the equivalent of 1,272 new full time IRS agents.

all of it here
Read more: Americans for Tax Reform : IRS Watchdog: $67 Million Missing from Obamacare Slush Fund
Follow us: @taxreformer on Twitter
Seems like the last time something like this came up, Nancy Pelosi said something like "Oh, it's less than a billion..." :rolleyes:

Remember this?

billion-dollar1.jpg

How the US sent $12bn in cash to Iraq. And watched it vanish | World news | The Guardian

The US flew nearly $12bn in shrink-wrapped $100 bills into Iraq, then distributed the cash with no proper control over who was receiving it and how it was being spent.
The staggering scale of the biggest transfer of cash in the history of the Federal Reserve has been graphically laid bare by a US congressional committee.

In the year after the invasion of Iraq in 2003 nearly 281 million notes, weighing 363 tonnes, were sent from New York to Baghdad for disbursement to Iraqi ministries and US contractors. Using C-130 planes, the deliveries took place once or twice a month with the biggest of $2,401,600,000 on June 22 2004, six days before the handover.

-------------------------------------------------

Remember that? Republicans could care less. Where was the "investigation"? Oh, that's right. There wasn't any.

Forum List

Back