Is America this free and are we entitled to spread our freedom around to others?

It is neither our right nor our obligation to "spread" anything onto other sovereign countries.

Perhaps we should concentrate on getting our OWN shit together before we think about "spreading" whatever the hell it is we think we are.

Last edited:
America is on the threshold of losing her "freedom" and liberty. I'm not a fan of the idea that we need to clean up everyone else's backyard unless and until we're able and willing to clean up our own. I'm not fond of having a "police-state" reputation. I'm not a proponent of forcing other nations to live as America lives. I actually see America as an emerging New Babylon with two new capitol cities -- Sodom & Gomorrah.

I recently saw a recruiting commercial on TV for the U.S. Navy featuring American active duty sailors.

One sailor said: "We are protecting "Democracy" and "Freedom" around the world.

There is nothing in the Constitution directing the US government to send our military on missions to protect democracy or freedom (what ever that means) in foreign countries.

But sadly, American citizen have been brain washed to believe it's our duty and obligation. .. :cool:

Last edited:
America is free?

Try telling that the the Stoners among us.

They might have a very different take on the meaning of the word.

I recently saw a recruiting commercial on TV for the U.S. Navy featuring American active duty sailors.

There is nothing in the Constitution directing the US government to send our military on missions to protect democracy or freedom (what ever that means) in foreign countries.

But sadly, American citizen have been brain washed to believe it's our duty and obligation. .. :cool:

Not often that a Christian and a Muslim agree on much but I happen to agree with you. I'm actually not a fan of the term "Democracy." The USA is a Constitutional Republic -- not a Democracy. A true Democracy is nothing more than Mobacracy where the majority rules. Majority rule isn't necessarily a good thing. For instance, if there are 20 child molesters and only 10 parents of children opposed to child molestation then, in a true Democracy, the molesters would "legally" have their way with the kids. Not good!

Whatever America has done or is doing, it's still one of the great countries in my view. The books written by American scholars have taught me lots of new thoughts ...

Whatever America has done or is doing, it's still one of the great countries in my view. The books written by American scholars have taught me lots of new thoughts ...

As disappointed in the direction America is going currently I still can't think of a nation I would rather live in. I may wish to move to Alaska one day (sort of a country within a country) but as long as we still live under our shredded Constitution there's still some hope.

Not often that a Christian and a Muslim agree on much but I happen to agree with you. I'm actually not a fan of the term "Democracy." The USA is a Constitutional Republic -- not a Democracy. A true Democracy is nothing more than Mobacracy where the majority rules. Majority rule isn't necessarily a good thing. For instance, if there are 20 child molesters and only 10 parents of children opposed to child molestation then, in a true Democracy, the molesters would "legally" have their way with the kids. Not good!
I notice with great pleasure that you're so upfront ...

As disappointed in the direction America is going currently I still can't think of a nation I would rather live in. I may wish to move to Alaska one day (sort of a country within a country) but as long as we still live under our shredded Constitution there's still some hope.
Dude, you're too pessimistic ... Cheer up! :smiliehug:

We are no longer spreading freedom and certainly not democracy. We don't even respect democracy. All we can spread is liberal tyranny.

America is free?
Try telling that the the Stoners among us.
They might have a very different take on the meaning of the word.
You may be right, face to face I do not even want to talk to these aggressive baboons who hide behind their "freedom of speech god bless America" but I did make a video recently about just that:

Last edited by a moderator:

Not often that a Christian and a Muslim agree on much but I happen to agree with you.
Where did you get that idea? I used to think in a similar way back when I used to watch television in the early 90's.

Forum List

Back