Is anyone hearing any rumors on Independents for 2020?

I vote for a candidate, not a party.

If 2016 taught us anything it was that "parties" are irrelevant.
The party, writ large, has lost its fucking mind.

I doubt that I can support that.

Even such a blanket generalization could be true it's still irrelevant. "Parties" are not on the ballot. People are. There is literally no election in which you can vote for a party.
Looks like we disagree then.

Why does it not surprise me that you'd go :lalala: as soon as rational reason was introduced, rather than admit you hadn't thought of it...

So you actually go vote for a party then? If that's the case why is your title looking for "independents"? You know what "independent" means, right?

A political party is a machine, a device to organize and consolidate power. A horse they ride in on, because they need the power the horse has to get there. Do you actually think everyone riding a similarly-named horse carries the same abilities and ideas? You think Nancy Pelosi and Zell Miller and Alexandrio Ocasio-Cortez and Billy Graham are all identical? You think Rump has anything in common with anyone else with an R after their name?
Great, thanks.

As they say in the ER when they're busy ---------- Suture-self.

huge.0.4853.JPG

Looking around the internet, not seeing much yet.

You'd think some rational, non-insane person would step up.

Maybe they don't want to subject themselves and their family to the shit storm.

Can't blame them.

The American voters are a bunch of gullible rubes who make their decisions on the amount of advertising a candidate can buy.
The Party Machine(s) diligently sell their ass to the highest bidder, and buy the election for the donors.
That's our 'Democracy'.

I want to hear more from shultz. But i dont think i will end up liking him.
Bill weld is running as repub. He only switched to libertarian in 2016 because of the election. Several of his positions are unconstitutional and over the line. In strait fiscal terms, i like what he says.
More people will get in and they should. They will obviously have a good shot if they arent a fuckin clown. I would like to see austin peterson again. I hope gary johnson gets stoned and forgets to register.

The American voters are a bunch of gullible rubes who make their decisions on the amount of advertising a candidate can buy.
The Party Machine(s) diligently sell their ass to the highest bidder, and buy the election for the donors.
That's our 'Democracy'.
Didnt the last presidential election have the winner outspent by the loser? Pretty sure it was almost half.

Can't blame them.

What chance would they have anyway with the label-obsessed obsessing over labels in grandiose Generalization Fallacies?
Which, admit it, is part of said shitstorm.

If the letter behind somebody's name automatically makes them part of some kind of Borg, what the hell do you do when somebody switches parties? Is Strom Thurmond (D) or David Duke (D) a different person from Strom Thurmond (R) or David Duke (R)? How come they look so much alike?

Or is the letter-shift simply opting for a different vehicle to get to where he wants to go?

The sheriff in my town runs as a Republican or as a Democrat depending on which one he thinks will work out for him. Same guy doing the same job in the same way. How can that be?

I want to hear more from shultz. But i dont think i will end up liking him.
Bill weld is running as repub. He only switched to libertarian in 2016 because of the election. Several of his positions are unconstitutional and over the line. In strait fiscal terms, i like what he says.
More people will get in and they should. They will obviously have a good shot if they arent a fuckin clown. I would like to see austin peterson again. I hope gary johnson gets stoned and forgets to register.
Who knows, somebody may surprise us.

It's just weird, with the distance between the two parties growing so quickly, that more well-known people aren't jumping in.

List the sane people who can run and you have your answer.
Maybe someone will come out of nowhere when they see what a cluster fuck this is.

I'll keep hoping.
We got an unvetted unknown in 08, we don’t need another train wreck.
as opposed the the current train wrecks???

it could even work out,,the truth is we just dont know,,

I have never and will never vote for a dem or repube at the fed level,,,due to their record of course,,,
Ya, the record of non Reps and Dems is so outstanding.... said no one ever.
compared to the dems and repubes record it is outstanding because they have never lied cheated and stolen from the american people
Ya, Bernie Sanders is sane and has never lied.
Said no one ever.

Maybe someone will come out of nowhere when they see what a cluster fuck this is.

I'll keep hoping.

I have never and will never vote for a dem or repube at the fed level,,,due to their record of course,,,
compared to the dems and repubes record it is outstanding because they have never lied cheated and stolen from the american people
Said no one ever.
I wasnt talking about bernie,,,

Can't blame them.
What sane person would confront Democrats?

Said no one ever.
Bernie is an independent.

Said no one ever.
not my problem other than rejecting what he has to offer,,,

Said no one ever.
You said independents are better. I just showed some are worse.

Said no one ever.
I dont think I ever said that,,,

Can't blame them.
I could never be friends with Trump. But America doesn’t need my friends in the White House, it needs a leader willing to confront the tough issues so many before have ignored because they are hot topics. I like what Trump has done to address those tough issues, you may not. I doubt there’s anyone willing to tackle the tough issues beyond campaign talk like Trump is.

Said no one ever.
Yes, you did.

It's getting less and less likely that I'll be able to vote for a Democratic presidential ticket in 2020, since the party has clearly and completely lost its fucking mind.

If Schultz runs, great. But he may not.

Is anyone hearing any other names?
there is always the constitution party,,,

The Constitutional party?

That sound pretty regressive to me.

Can't blame them.
I could never be friends with Trump. But America doesn’t need my friends in the White House, it needs a leader willing to confront the tough issues so many before have ignored because they are hot topics. I like what Trump has done to address those tough issues, you may not. I doubt there’s anyone willing to tackle the tough issues beyond campaign talk like Trump is.
I notice you didnt bring up the constitution,,,

as for me the idea of voting for some one that doesnt even seem to know what the constitution is let alone read it is just not gonna happen,,,,

Yes, you did.
NOOO I dont think I did,,,

I will look back over my post,,,

Forum List

Back