Is Atheism Depressing?

Yes, at least we have a reason for sharing our faith...the great commission. It's actually a part of the faith.

But if atheism is simply absence of belief in God, one wonders why they feel compelled to attack and ridicule those who do believe.

Why do you attack and ridicule those who do not?

I don't start threads about the stupidity of atheists, nor do I go to atheist sites and attack the posters.

Anyone who has been on this site, or who has ever belonged to a christian site, knows that is the standard, and not the exception. When I post views that progressive loons don't like, the first thing they do is attack my religion. On the other hand, when you post one of your many lies, I don't say retarded things like, "You're a bad example of an atheist, you lying sack of shit". I just point out that you're a lying sack of shit and move on...

Which usually prompts you to post something ridiculous like "You're a horrible Christian for pointing out the fact that I'm a habitual liar".

Yes you do

You attack not only Atheists but anyone of a religion you feel inferior to your own

How many attack threads do you have on Muslims?

But no christian ever put to death a non-christian due to his faith or refusal to convert to Christianity, right?
Can you provide a current example? Many current examples of atheist intolerance - torture and execution of those who refuse to submit to atheism.

New Reports Tell of Executions, Torture of Christians in North Korea
New reports from former North Korean eye-witnesses indicate that the totalitarian government tortures, executes Christians and people related to the faith.

50,000 Christians tortured and abused in North Korean prisons

holocaust

Why do Christians bash other religions? What makes theirs inferior to yours? All other Gods are fake yall say. What yall cant say is what makes yours the "real" one

But no christian ever put to death a non-christian due to his faith or refusal to convert to Christianity, right?

Can you name a christian group today that is targeting and killing people for not being of the correct faith?

No, you can't.

History is soaked in the blood of Christians who have been killed for being Christian.

The only evidence of Christians seeking out and killing non-Christians is the Crusades...a thousand years ago, and a crap example because they were political movements undertaken in response to attacks on CHRISTIANS.

Meanwhile, our missionaries, who gladly go into hellholes to bring medicine, education, and succor to the people who live there, continue to be slaughtered for their faith.

Those poor atheist living in such a state of misery... I mean anyone that doesn't think the way I do must be really depressed.

I find this to be an ad hominem fallacy of the worst kind. Not only are you discrediting the position by attacking the person; you are making light of a serious mental health issue. Depression has enough stigma floating around it without fuck-wits using it to try and win points on an internet forum.

I think many do have some pretty serious mental health issues.

I mean, how healthy is it to make a hobby of following Christians around on the internet, if you supposedly don't believe?

All it does is lend strength to the belief that you really are motivated, or controlled by, evil.

Or that you're mentally ill...which arguably, are the same thing.

Charlemagne, Ancient pagans temples being destroyed when Christianity was legal, Pope Pius V, Magdeburg/Germany, Columbus, Rwanda massacres tec etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc. All atrocities made by Christians. You want to talk about history soaked in blood of Christians. There you go

Yeah, a thousand years ago.

And all by politicians IN THE NAME of God.

Pretty common for rulers to claim they acted at the behest of God...and often they probably believed it.

The point is, the numbers are a tiny fraction of the numbers of Chrsitians slaughtered for their faith....and the examples are soooooo far back in antiquity, they really have no relevance today.

Rwanda massacres are Christian groups marauding?

Yeah, right. Now you're just showing your ignorance.

"Though religious factors were not prominent (the event was ethnically motivated), in its 1999 report Human Rights Watch faulted a number of religious authorities in Rwanda, including Roman Catholic, Anglican, and other Protestants for failing to condemn the genocide directly – though that accusation was belied over time.[34] Some in its religious hierarchy have been brought to trial for their participation by the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda and convicted.[32] Bishop Misago was accused of corruption and complicity in the genocide, but he was cleared of all charges in 2000.[35] Many other Catholic and Protestant clergy, however, gave their lives to protect Tutsis from slaughter"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rwandan_Genocide

Educate yourself. I'm not crazy about wiki, but for someone who's so eager to drink the anti-Christian hate koolaid, it will do the trick.

Last edited:
Charlemagne, Ancient pagans temples being destroyed when Christianity was legal, Pope Pius V, Magdeburg/Germany, Columbus, Rwanda massacres tec etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc. All atrocities made by Christians. You want to talk about history soaked in blood of Christians. There you go

You forgot the Spanish inquisitions.

Pretty common for rulers to claim they acted at the behest of God...and often they probably believed it.

The point is, the numbers are a tiny fraction of the numbers of Chrsitians slaughtered for their faith....and the examples are soooooo far back in antiquity, they really have no relevance today.

The Christian faith is only 2k years old I think you are overdoing the O's.. Also for most of that 2k years they were the faith in power and when they weren't in power very few were killed by the romans for being Christians. You can hop off your cross whenever you wish kosher.

Good grief. What rubbish.

If you're going to determine that the Christian faith is to blame for every blood bath that a Christian has ever participated in then we might as well just decide that Christianity is to blame for all oppression/tyranny/death.

Of course...using that standard so would atheists be responsible...and Germans.....and Hindus...and Jews....there would be no distinction between any group. We'd all be equally horrible.

Which of course isn't true.

But progressives want to forward that belief and pretend it's true, because it makes the progressive walk seem much less offensive. By making human rights offensives the joint possession of all mankind, it's that much easier to continue propagating them.

The Christian faith is only 2k years old I think you are overdoing the O's.. Also for most of that 2k years they were the faith in power and when they weren't in power very few were killed by the romans for being Christians. You can hop off your cross whenever you wish kosher.

I'm not going to. And I'll use as many ooooooos as I like. 1000 years ago is a pretty good chunk of time...sort of puts the lie to the claim that Chrsitians are just as murderous as Nazis, progressives, Islam, etc., when you consider THOSE groups continue to butcher today.

Historically people of most faiths have killed. Atheists have killed too.

Having faith or not having faith is no promise of a violent free existence.

People are flawed.

I'm not going to. And I'll use as many ooooooos as I like. 1000 years ago is a pretty good chunk of time...sort of puts the lie to the claim that Chrsitians are just as murderous as Nazis, progressives, Islam, etc., when you consider THOSE groups continue to butcher today.
What is it with you and the fucking nazis? No one said that the Christians were as bad as the nazis that seems to be your obsession...

As for putting progressives and Islam in the same list as Nazi; bigotry will get you no where. All this nazi talk is really distracting from any productive conversation that may be had.

If atheists are going to claim that Christians are as bloody as every other ideological group that has ever existed, then they are going to have to live with the comparison between Christians and Nazis. Anti-Christians are certainly not adverse to making the comparison, though it's always a false comparison when they make it.

So long as people continue to make ridiculous claims, they can expect to have their noses rubbed in the truth.

Last edited:
If atheists are going to claim that Christians are as bloody as every other ideological group that has ever existed, then they are going to have to live with the comparison between Christians and Nazis. Anti-Christians are certainly not adverse to making the comparison, though it's always a false comparison when they make it.

So long as people continue to make ridiculous claims, they can expect to have their noses rubbed in the truth.

Christians supported the Nazis. Who cared as long as it was the Jews getting killed?

The old saying "no atheist in the foxholes" is an accurate assessment of the psychological conditions of soft core atheists. It's convenient to not worry about the after life if real life offers a variety of sinful excesses but when the manure hits the rotary blades who 'ya gonna call? You can bet your fragile asses that you are going to call on the big "G" of your choice.

Forum List

Back