Is banning guns to save lives even logical?

My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Don't forget the premise of the thread. There are far more people dying from smoking, alcohol use and drug abuse than gun violence by legal gun owners. Deaths from guns in inner cities are the result of criminals that get their hands on guns illegally.

It is illogical to argue that taking away guns will have any negligible effect on avoidable deaths in the US or anywhere else. The underlying reason for taking away guns is to disarm the public.

Arguing about gun semantics is just a distraction.
The premise of the thread remains a fallacy.

No one advocates for "banning" guns.

Comparing guns to other things which might cause death is sophistry.
Those are really big words there. You must be internet smart guy.

LIMITING that access to people with history of mental illness or violence is probably not a bad thing huh moron...
Okay. But, those without such a history are not a threat, right? So, why the need for limitations on non-threats?

(this is your trap)

Why the opposition to those WITH that kind of history...is the real question
Because you and your ilk tried to get the SCOTUS to declare the right as one that MUST be exercised in connection with actual military service. AKA NOT an individual right.

We had to fight you on what should have been fucking obvious.

You are NOT trustworthy.

We are highly suspicious of anything you propose because it may be a dirty little trick.

Get it?

Your side fucked up and went too far. Now you will likely get nothing but repeal from us.

I often wonder what the gun attraction is to so many people. When I first went into the military many of the new recruits when entering the barracks made a bee-line for the gun racks. They seemed to just want to touch the guns, yet in combat, we seldom, if ever, talked about our weapons.

I often wonder what the gun attraction is to so many people. When I first went into the military many of the new recruits when entering the barracks made a bee-line for the gun racks. They seemed to just want to touch the guns, yet in combat, we seldom, if ever, talked about our weapons.
It's curiosity.

That's why young people should be exposed to firearms early. They eventually become nothing more than any other tool.

It's curiosity.

That's why young people should be exposed to firearms early. They eventually become nothing more than any other tool.

If guns are just like any other tool we would be in trouble. Why do people buy guns? Why do people buy tools?

Intelligent people laugh at your theory that guns can be made safe.

Yes, most murders are done with hammers. How does one make a hammer safe? I have a stud 'gun' that takes a shell. Should that be made 'safe?' How about baseball bats? And, of course, butcher knives....Those things are SCARY looking and anything over a few inches long will KILL. Maybe we should all wear armored vests and bubble wrap. Heck, I saw a movie where someone was killed with a pencil through the eye. YUCK!!! Pencils are DEADLY. I remember there was a hired gang-killer that used an ICE PICK to kill his targets.

Lastly, I just read that a woman with a metal straw in her drink, tripped and fell and the metal straw went through her eye and KILLED her! Straws are DANGEROUS!!!

It's curiosity.

If guns are just like any other tool we would be in trouble. Why do people buy guns? Why do people buy tools?
What a strange series of questions. This certainly reveals your irrational conditioning.

People buy tools to do a job that would be otherwise harder/impossible to do with their bare hands, but such instruments require human action to make them useful. All weapons are tools.

You are acting as if some tools, which make up a small subdivision of weapons (firearms), are somehow capable of doing work without human action. You are treating them as inherently dangerous without the application of external forces. You seem to give the firearm a mind and will of its own.

When mass shootings occur not just in the United States but worldwide calls to
ban guns
come to the fore as they tend to do when innocent people die in the carnage. The theory is that taking away the instrument of the killing will stop the cause of death and make society a safer place. This makes sense on a superficial level but the logic
is flawed because it does not address the dynamics that lead shooters to kill
indiscriminately often losing their own lives in the process. When these events take place there is tremendous pressure to “do something” to prevent them. The killings become politicized and the blame game rages on.
Yes, but when is the U.S. going to be willing to
educate
and
provide lucrative employment
for their citizens? So far they don't give a shit.

I can think of a few things that might reduce the number of mass shootings. The shooters all seem to be young, white, males, using AR-15s. So here are a few ideas:
1. You need to not only pass a background check, but be at least 25 or 30 to buy an AR
2. If young men want to shoot, join the military

The US military does not use the AR-15, so thanks for putting out your ignorance for all to see.

The actual model they use is the Colt Model AR-15 Model 604 renamed to the M-16A-4. Thank you for showing YOUR ignorance.

I am quite familiar with the M-16 & it’s relationship to the AR-15. But they are different platforms. The AR can’t be modified for select fire because it uses modified parts. Specifically, the lower receiver, bolt carrier, hammer, trigger, disconnector, & safety/mode selector. So the fact that just because it LOOKS like a select fire weapon, does not mean that it FUNCTIONS like a select fire weapon. They are not interchangeable versions, which is why US military does not use the AR-15. Thank you for pointing out your IGNORANCE.

I often wonder what the gun attraction is to so many people. When I first went into the military many of the new recruits when entering the barracks made a bee-line for A lot gun racks. They seemed to just want to touch the guns, yet in combat, we seldom, if ever, talked about our weapons.
It's curiosity.

A lot of women buy guns because they have some stalker or ex husband stalking them. Store owners in dangerous neighborhoods buy them to protect their property from thugs. Hunters buy them to hunt.

How fucking stupid do you have to be not to understand why people want a gun?

Yes, most murders are done with hammers. How does one make a hammer safe? I have a stud 'gun' that takes a shell. Should that be made 'safe?' How about baseball bats? And, of course, butcher knives....Those things are SCARY looking and anything over a few inches long will KILL. Maybe we should all wear armored vests and bubble wrap. Heck, I saw a movie where someone was killed with a pencil through the eye. YUCK!!! Pencils are DEADLY. I remember there was a hired gang-killer that used an ICE PICK to kill his targets.

Lastly, I just read that a woman with a metal straw in her drink, tripped and fell and the metal straw went through her eye and KILLED her! Straws are DANGEROUS!!!
Liberals would have us make guns that fired foam slugs. These people really are that stupid. Every time I hear them use the term "gun safety" I roll my eyes.

Liberals would have us make guns that fired foam slugs. These people really are that stupid. Every time I hear them use the term "gun safety" I roll my eyes.

Leftists would have us make guns that fired foam slugs. These people really are that stupid. Every time I hear them use the term "gun safety" I roll my eyes.
Fixed it for you.

You know what this liberal said about guns:
thomas-jefferson-9353715-1-402.jpg

How many shootings do you have in the U.S. per day? How fucking stupid do you have to be not to understand why people don't want guns in the U.S.?
We understand that like you they are stupid and are happy to become servile worms who does whatever government tells them to do, including marching into the abattoir.

How many shootings do you have in the U.S. per day? How fucking stupid do you have to be not to understand why people don't want guns in the U.S.?
We understand that like you they are stupid and are happy to become servile worms who does whatever government tells them to do, including marching into the abattoir.
So people who are upset (me included) about the thousands of shooting deaths each year and the ease with which guns can be obtained in the U.S. are "stupid" and "servile worms"? Go back to your violent video games and keep your nose and opinion out of sight.

Exit.jpg

Forum List

Back