Is Biden going to do ANYTHING to lower gas prices since there is an upcoming election?

I've said it for years. We don't need government control of the product just a law stating it can not be sold overseas.

Which is basically the same thing.

Farmland for instance. Why on earth would we let that be purchased by any entity from outside our borders???

Because we are a free country and who I sell my land/house to is up to me and not the Govt...or it should be

markets know that isnt going to happen as that would be stupid for the reasons i noted earlier.

Oil and gas prices went up after Trump was elected.

No it didnt. It went DOWN 12.8% and was DOWN for the first 8 months of his presidency. At one point it was down 61% under Trump. Under Obama the price of oil went up 173% at one point.

Bullshit. Nationalizing only means that morons like Hunter Biden run the oil 'bidnis'.
Capitalism works if we keep government from fucking with it.
That’s what Asher was saying. Either live with the ups and downs of the market place or nationalize. Which do you prefer?of
If he would allow drilling, that would solve the problem.
What’s to keep SA from cutting production to match that (as they just did)?

We don't need government control of the product just a law stating it can not be sold overseas.
We did just that in 1975. It led to record imports of crude oil and a drop in US production.

The wise an great Obama signed, um well was forced to compromise at the end of 2015, and signed a bill allowing it. Since then the US Oil Patch has seen a boon in production.

We did just that in 1975. It led to record imports of crude oil and a drop in US production.

The wise an great Obama signed, um well was forced to compromise at the end of 2015, and signed a bill allowing it. Since then the US Oil Patch has seen a boon in production.
Join us in 2023 and realize our capabilities from 5 decades ago have no basis in the realities we face today. Literally none.

Boomer

I've said it for years. We don't need government control of the product just a law stating it can not be sold overseas. Same shit we need to do to stop the Chinese invasion in all of our industries but reversed. Farmland for instance. Why on earth would we let that be purchased by any entity from outside our borders???

The problem isn't complicated. The only thing that makes it appear complicated are the special interests and money involved.
So you would pass laws keeping sellers from selling their land as they wish if the best offer is from overseas? GOP party of small government?

At one point it was down 61% under Trump.
So you're thanking Covid for the drop in gas prices?
Join us in 2023 and realize our capabilities from 5 decades ago have no basis in the realities we face today. Literally none.

Boomer
That ban lasted 4 decades. You know what they say about maroonies who refuse to learn from the past don't you? Well maybe not. Never mind.

So you're thanking Covid for the drop in gas prices?

That ban lasted 4 decades. You know what they say about maroonies who refuse to learn from the past don't you? Well maybe not. Never mind.
With all your green energy fiascos you all got going it shouldn't be a problem right? Or are you admitting green energy is not good enough and we NEED THE OIL 🤔

It's the one thing I look forward to during election season. Gas is still about double from when he took over.
Do you anticipate any changes out of the administration to try tackling these high prices?
Back pocket politics are very often a driving force behind who does or doesn't get elected.
Because second term presidents do more changes to the nation than first term think about. And in this case it likely will be very disastrous....I could be wrong but thus admin is certainly not doing very well.

It's the one thing I look forward to during election season. Gas is still about double from when he took over.
Do you anticipate any changes out of the administration to try tackling these high prices?

Are you suggesting that Biden nationalize the oil industry?

Set price controls?

Perhaps invade some oil producing countries?

Exactly what power do you think the President has over gas prices?

Are you suggesting that Biden nationalize the oil industry?

Set price controls?

Perhaps invade some oil producing countries?

Exactly what power do you think the President has over gas prices?
I'm suggesting Biden DO HIS FIRST JOB and look out for the welfare of THIS NATIONS CITIZENS.

Big ask I know

With all your green energy fiascos you all got going it shouldn't be a problem right? Or are you admitting green energy is not good enough and we NEED THE OIL 🤔
Who exactly believes that we will never use oil? Why does it have to be one or the other?

I've said it for years. We don't need government control of the product just a law stating it can not be sold overseas. Same shit we need to do to stop the Chinese invasion in all of our industries but reversed. Farmland for instance. Why on earth would we let that be purchased by any entity from outside our borders???

The problem isn't complicated. The only thing that makes it appear complicated are the special interests and money involved.
The pricing is still a global market. And because you take oil out does not mean it is the right kind to be refined into gasoline.
Assume the US passes a law that all oil drilled in the US must stay in the US. What makes you think the multinational oil companies won't still price according to the international market? Or are you now OK with the government interfering with business buy dictating prices and profit? How very communist of you.

Forum List

Back