Zone1 Is Christ's love possible?

Quentin111

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2014
F. M. Dostoevsky in the novel "The Brothers Karamazov" raises a serious question: "Is the whole world harmony worth a tear of a small child?"
In Soviet times, the following was implied: is the construction of communism worth the suffering and death of many people, referring, for example, to Stalin's repressions?
But Dostoevsky seemed to imply that "Does Paradise deserve to be tortured in its name at least one tiny creature?"
Is it really necessary to have Christ's love for everyone, even for the most inveterate scoundrels, and Paradise in heaven for everyone?
As the character of the novel "The Brothers Karamazov" Ivan Karamazov said, "Christ's love is a great miracle on earth and is only a consequence of people's faith in the immortality of the soul."

F. M. Dostoevsky in the novel "The Brothers Karamazov" raises a serious question: "Is the whole world harmony worth a tear of a small child?"
In Soviet times, the following was implied: is the construction of communism worth the suffering and death of many people, referring, for example, to Stalin's repressions?
But Dostoevsky seemed to imply that "Does Paradise deserve to be tortured in its name at least one tiny creature?"
Is it really necessary to have Christ's love for everyone, even for the most inveterate scoundrels, and Paradise in heaven for everyone?
As the character of the novel "The Brothers Karamazov" Ivan Karamazov said, "Christ's love is a great miracle on earth and is only a consequence of people's faith in the immortality of the soul."

Some Christians just want to be left alone with their God and the rest of the great sweating, heaving flesh mass of mankind is free to worship whatever it chooses. They are the smart ones. Other Christians go out of there way breathlessly attempting to convert every heathen in sight to their way of worship. Which Christians get to heaven and which ones take the deep south pilgrimage? Stay tuned.

Earthly justice, man's justice, is not the same as Divine Justice.

Stalin played God, but he wasn't God (and well...thank God for that). When humans attempt to play God--usually by making sweeping changes which they are sure will usher in "heaven on earth", disaster almost always follows. That's because we haven't the ability to balance everything out, no matter how valiantly the best of us try.

God does, and He will. It's a promise. But it's not a promise for everyone. There is no universal salvation, which would be a judicial malpractice.

That's deep for here.

Some Christians just want to be left alone with their God and the rest of the great sweating, heaving flesh mass of mankind is free to worship whatever it chooses. They are the smart ones. Other Christians go out of there way breathlessly attempting to convert every heathen in sight to their way of worship. Which Christians get to heaven and which ones take the deep south pilgrimage? Stay tuned.
Jesus told us to evangelize

are you saying Jesus was wrong?

Yes, we all need to love all. That doesn't mean we don't approve of everyone's actions nor condone everything. It doesn't mean that lawbreakers aren't convicted and receive their punishments that fit their crimes. It's required that we forgive all and the Lord will forgive whom he wants to forgive. We cannot judge someone for their salvation and exaltation or damnation. That is for God alone. So, take the mote out of your own eye first. He who has not sinned, cast the first stone.

Its not automatic.... nor is it guaranteed....
that's bc humans are so sinful and... anti-Christ

I mean, we are all anti-Christ even when we follow or attempt to follow (obey) Him... bc there is something in us that just wants to do what the hell we want to do.. think what we are inclined to think...

Some of us fight that inclination but as we can see, the majority do not...

On one Russian forum they explained to me:
If you read (and not watched a movie) the novel (I remind you: part two, book five, chapter "Riot", you can read), then the summary of the conversation between Ivan and Alyosha is as follows:
Ivan: Harmony will (should) reign in the coming Kingdom of God. This means that all villains must be forgiven, all evil deeds must be forgiven, not vengeance. For what harmony, if vengeance?
The suffering of adults can easily be, in principle, forgiven by those who suffer. They are balanced by their own guilt: "they tasted the apple" (they did business ...) - so they disentangle.
But how can the suffering of children be forgiven, than balanced? Innocent children? (Examples of abuse of children are given, real ones, from the press - the author cites them in the Writer's Diary.)
And Ivan says: imagine, you are building happiness for everyone. Will people themselves accept their happiness on the unjustified blood of a little tortured man?
And Ivan says: “I’d rather stay with unavenged suffering, even if I was wrong. Therefore, I hasten to return my ticket to the entrance. And if I’m an honest person, then I must return it as soon as possible. I do not accept God, I only most respectfully return the ticket to him.
Further Alyosha: The Church teaches that Christ redeemed the suffering of the innocent in advance, balanced Christ with his innocent suffering.
A rather transparent logic shines through: since Christ redeemed the present, past and - possibly - future sufferings of the innocent, and does not stop them now and in the future, then it is on them (to some extent) that he bases his future Kingdom. From which Ivan refuses.

Forum List

Back