Is Education taking a back seat to Political Correctness in our colleges?

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

The recent trouble at Missouri, which has a good communication and journalist school lowered the bar for all to see when a visiting professor went against all good standards and refused a photojournalist interview protesters at the school.

Blacks that were unhappy with acts that had to be addressed by administrators were not done effectively as determined by some black students. The turning point was when the students engaged the football team to boycott practice and the football game on Saturday. Money talks louder than dealing with the facts effectively and the president of the university was fired, or "resigned."

So now news agencies say that this is spreading across the nation. If true, where does education take priority over Political Correctness. Can we stop the pendulum from moving so far to the left that a college degree is meaningless?

Not sure if you were born yet to see the Riots of the 1960's
Berkeley's protests which did get violent
Protests with buses of kids on the D.C mall

You can't make people change how they feel, but the schools can demand respect for the students attending, along with safety . This is not a political need, it is a priority for our children that go off to college.

BTW this comment is stupid!
Can we stop the pendulum from moving so far to the left that a college degree is meaningless?

I send them to the moon and mars!!! ;) We need explorers...Not dead kids coming home from stupid nation building wars.

That would be an answer to the immaturity of the millennials these days. They say you grow up fast in the services with the discipline it requires. If we had a strong defense there would be little chance of seeing dangerous action abroad, but that requires a good sound leaders that must come in the future.

It costs the DoD about $40,000 per soldier just for basic training, and we'll never fight a troop-heavy war again.

Does that sound like a good use of government money?

Not sure if you were born yet to see the Riots of the 1960's
Berkeley's protests which did get violent
Protests with buses of kids on the D.C mall

You can't make people change how they feel, but the schools can demand respect for the students attending, along with safety . This is not a political need, it is a priority for our children that go off to college.

BTW this comment is stupid!
Can we stop the pendulum from moving so far to the left that a college degree is meaningless?

Respect starts at home. And if anyone has a teenager, you know the challenge of parenting a defiant teen who progresses to an insolent young adult who wants to be given a $80,000 job for meaningless work.

That would be an answer to the immaturity of the millennials these days. They say you grow up fast in the services with the discipline it requires. If we had a strong defense there would be little chance of seeing dangerous action abroad, but that requires a good sound leaders that must come in the future.

It costs the DoD about $40,000 per soldier just for basic training, and we'll never fight a troop-heavy war again.

Whether or not that's a good use of money is debatable. Whether or not it's Constitutional is not in question.

Whether or not that's a good use of money is debatable. Whether or not it's Constitutional is not in question.

What are you talking about, exactly?

The recent trouble at Missouri, which has a good communication and journalist school lowered the bar for all to see when a visiting professor went against all good standards and refused a photojournalist interview protesters at the school.

Blacks that were unhappy with acts that had to be addressed by administrators were not done effectively as determined by some black students. The turning point was when the students engaged the football team to boycott practice and the football game on Saturday. Money talks louder than dealing with the facts effectively and the president of the university was fired, or "resigned."

So now news agencies say that this is spreading across the nation. If true, where does education take priority over Political Correctness. Can we stop the pendulum from moving so far to the left that a college degree is meaningless?

People like the thugs as Missouri aren't interested in an education. They are interested in being puppets to push the Liberal agenda.

Well, the left wants free college and the use of a service individual learning a trade in the armed forces would make our country strong and give the individuals training later when they are more mature. A twofer. Better citizens and well trained. It's better that giving welfare to half the society without the benefits.

If I have to explain a basic statement, you likely won't understand but I'll try.

YOU asked whether or not spending $40,000 per soldier for basic training was a good use of money. I answered that there is no agreeable answer. That's what debatable means. However, whether or not the government has the Constitutional authority to spend that much isn't debatable.

I send them to the moon and mars!!! ;) We need explorers...Not dead kids coming home from stupid nation building wars.
Astronauts were initially in the Air Force.

If I have to explain a basic statement, you likely won't understand but I'll try.

YOU asked whether or not spending $40,000 per soldier for basic training was a good use of money. I answered that there is no agreeable answer. That's what debatable means. However, whether or not the government has the Constitutional authority to spend that much isn't debatable.

Ok. What does that have to do with what I posted?

I didn't say anything about the Constitutionality of bringing back the draft.

Matthew's entire argument on just about any government spending involves more money to things like space exploration and NASA.

Ok. What does that have to do with what I posted?

I didn't say anything about the Constitutionality of bringing back the draft.

I wasn't talking about the draft. YOU made a statement about the DoD spending $40,000 per soldier on basic training and asked if it was a good idea. That had nothing to do with the draft and now you mention the draft.

Matthew's entire argument on just about any government spending involves more money to things like space exploration and NASA.
I know, lol. He's a one trick pony. Whenever I see Matthews name, I don't have to read the post. I generally pass up the science, education and r&d tripe.

Forum List

Back