Is Education taking a back seat to Political Correctness in our colleges?

It costs the DoD about $40,000 per soldier just for basic training, and we'll never fight a troop-heavy war again.

Does that sound like a good use of government money?

Whether or not that's a good use of money is debatable. Whether or not it's Constitutional is not in question.

What are you talking about, exactly?

If I have to explain a basic statement, you likely won't understand but I'll try.

YOU asked whether or not spending $40,000 per soldier for basic training was a good use of money. I answered that there is no agreeable answer. That's what debatable means. However, whether or not the government has the Constitutional authority to spend that much isn't debatable.

Ok. What does that have to do with what I posted?

I didn't say anything about the Constitutionality of bringing back the draft.

I wasn't talking about the draft. YOU made a statement about the DoD spending $40,000 per soldier on basic training and asked if it was a good idea. That had nothing to do with the draft and now you mention the draft.

My post had everything to do with the draft, since it was responding to a series of posts calling for the draft to be reinstated.

Why is it so hard for you guys to understand context?

Whether or not that's a good use of money is debatable. Whether or not it's Constitutional is not in question.

If I have to explain a basic statement, you likely won't understand but I'll try.

YOU asked whether or not spending $40,000 per soldier for basic training was a good use of money. I answered that there is no agreeable answer. That's what debatable means. However, whether or not the government has the Constitutional authority to spend that much isn't debatable.

I wasn't talking about the draft. YOU made a statement about the DoD spending $40,000 per soldier on basic training and asked if it was a good idea. That had nothing to do with the draft and now you mention the draft.

My post had everything to do with the draft, since it was responding to a series of posts calling for the draft to be reinstated.

Your post on #8 made a statement and asked a question about $40,000/soldier in basic training. If you are discussing the draft, you're doing it with someone else. I addressed the dollar amount and the question related to it only.

And that is a good thing because no one is his or her right mind wants to live in the social cultural world of America in that time.

Apparently you think since that time education has taken a back seat. Your statement that it has coincides with a very important educational decision.

Seems you haven't been in the schools lately. The social, cultural world that the blacks fought to do away with is the same way they do in schools today. They fought against segregation yet segregate themselves. All one has to do is go to the local school lunchroom today and see how students choose to sit.

It costs the DoD about $40,000 per soldier just for basic training, and we'll never fight a troop-heavy war again.

I send them to the moon and mars!!! ;) We need explorers...Not dead kids coming home from stupid nation building wars.
Astronauts were initially in the Air Force.

Matthew's entire argument on just about any government spending involves more money to things like space exploration and NASA.
I know, lol. He's a one trick pony. Whenever I see Matthews name, I don't have to read the post. I generally pass up the science, education and r&d tripe.

I send them to the moon and mars!!! ;) We need explorers...Not dead kids coming home from stupid nation building wars.

Matthew's entire argument on just about any government spending involves more money to things like space exploration and NASA.
I know, lol. He's a one trick pony. Whenever I see Matthews name, I don't have to read the post. I generally pass up the science, education and r&d tripe.

So you think it is bad? We're the most powerful nation on earth because of these thing but you think it is just a waste. This is how insane your side has become.

Also, I do feel that there's a lot of extreme liberals in our colleges that are just as extreme in their attitudes.

Your post on #8 made a statement and asked a question about $40,000/soldier in basic training. If you are discussing the draft, you're doing it with someone else. I addressed the dollar amount and the question related to it only.

Did you not see the quoted posts that I was responding to in post #8?

Where in post #8 was I discussing the "Constitutionality" of anything?

Not sure if you were born yet to see the Riots of the 1960's
Berkeley's protests which did get violent
Protests with buses of kids on the D.C mall

You can't make people change how they feel, but the schools can demand respect for the students attending, along with safety . This is not a political need, it is a priority for our children that go off to college.

BTW this comment is stupid!
Can we stop the pendulum from moving so far to the left that a college degree is meaningless?

Respect starts at home. And if anyone has a teenager, you know the challenge of parenting a defiant teen who progresses to an insolent young adult who wants to be given a $80,000 job for meaningless work.

My son is a freshman in college this year~
Our children should feel safe while leaving home for the first time. There is so much hate in this world, the schools need boundaries to protect the students.

There should be 0 tolerance for hateful actions.

Liberals of the 60s called our schools the great social experiment.
What you are seeing now are the results of that great social test and it FAILED.

And that is a good thing because no one is his or her right mind wants to live in the social cultural world of America in that time.

Apparently you think since that time education has taken a back seat. Your statement that it has coincides with a very important educational decision.

Seems you haven't been in the schools lately. The social, cultural world that the blacks fought to do away with is the same way they do in schools today. They fought against segregation yet segregate themselves. All one has to do is go to the local school lunchroom today and see how students choose to sit.
And they have a right to self socialize in public as a free will effort. The public had no moral or eventually legal right to make them do it. Your criticism of the fact reveals a low info personality. Be quiet and learn.

Not sure if you were born yet to see the Riots of the 1960's
Berkeley's protests which did get violent
Protests with buses of kids on the D.C mall

You can't make people change how they feel, but the schools can demand respect for the students attending, along with safety . This is not a political need, it is a priority for our children that go off to college.

BTW this comment is stupid!
Can we stop the pendulum from moving so far to the left that a college degree is meaningless?

Respect starts at home. And if anyone has a teenager, you know the challenge of parenting a defiant teen who progresses to an insolent young adult who wants to be given a $80,000 job for meaningless work.

My son is a freshman in college this year~
Our children should feel safe while leaving home for the first time. There is so much hate in this world, the schools need boundaries to protect the students.

There should be 0 tolerance for hateful actions.

I understand what you are saying, and in a wonderful world, hateful actions would not be accepted in families when children are raised. But our society, especially in the last 8 years, have called for winners and losers. The losers are authority figures and whites. Maybe you haven't noticed. And racial supremacy is being called upon.

To answer the OP I believe that PC is undermining the college experience and has been for years. However I don't quite get the link to making a college degree meaningless. That is a different subject. Black unrest is just the latest manifestation of the PC problem. Hell, it isn't just a problem, PC is a SCOURGE on the planet.

"Is Education taking a back seat to Political Correctness in our colleges?"

This fails as a loaded question fallacy.

There is no such thing as ‘political correctness,’ it’s a ridiculous contrivance of the right, exhibiting the fear of, and contempt for, most conservatives have of unfettered debate in a free and democratic society.

One has no right to a 'safe place free from confusion' when in public as different ideas are being debated clearly and calmly.

Yelling and destruction of property, however, can be suppressed legally.

And they have a right to self socialize in public as a free will effort. The public had no moral or eventually legal right to make them do it. Your criticism of the fact reveals a low info personality. Be quiet and learn.

I didn't say they didn't have such a right. I find it interesting that the group that pushed so much to get rid of de jure segregation practice a self imposed segregation.

I fully understand the facts. 9 men said de jure segregation was illegal. When, because society was segregated by where they lived and kids went to neighborhood schools, the same body, albeit some different members, imposed things that went beyond saying laws couldn't keep people segregated to working the numbers to integrate.

Perhaps you should listen and learn if that's possible. The public didn't make them do it. A small group has their will imposed.

"Is Education taking a back seat to Political Correctness in our colleges?"

This fails as a loaded question fallacy.

There is no such thing as ‘political correctness,’ it’s a ridiculous contrivance of the right, exhibiting the fear of, and contempt for, most conservatives have of unfettered debate in a free and democratic society.

Tell that shit to those chastised when they say something you lefties don't want to hear.

Clayton, we have talked about PC for years. It started with religions and holidays. No Christmas trees, parties or gifts allowed. Then it evolved to race after our dear leader made the point of being a racist.

So you think it is bad? We're the most powerful nation on earth because of these thing but you think it is just a waste. This is how insane your side has become.

Also, I do feel that there's a lot of extreme liberals in our colleges that are just as extreme in their attitudes.

Where did I say it was bad or a waste? What I said is that everything you post when it comes to spending involves less money for what you don't like and more money for space exploration and NASA. What's insane is claiming someone said something they didn't. That would be you.

One has no right to a 'safe place free from confusion' when in public as different ideas are being debated clearly and calmly.

But seldom is. Look at the riots this past year. How many vandals went to jail? Cops were told to stand down. Instigators scream "Burn that Mother... before they burned down businesses in Ferguson. The presidents men, Holder, et.al came down to honor the dead thug!

But seldom is. Look at the riots this past year. How many vandals went to jail? Cops were told to stand down. Instigators scream "Burn that Mother... before they burned down businesses in Ferguson. The presidents men, Holder, et.al came down to honor the dead thug!

Hundreds of people were arrested in the riots last year. The "police being told to stand down" meme is just right wing fantasy.

Forum List

Back