Is Education taking a back seat to Political Correctness in our colleges?

Were they arrested and released with no trial or sentencing? The police were told to stand down. True.

No, it's not the slightest bit "true". It's just right wing fantasy that you heard on the radio or read on the internet.
And you know the illusive truth. How did you come across the "truth" that seemed to avoid the rest of the world?

First of all, I was actually present at some of the riots last year - and I know how police riot control tactics work, due to family friends in the NYPD command structure.

Not to mention, this "truth" didn't "avoid the rest of the world" - it was avoided by Movement Conservative Media Machine.

Typical excuse that Conservatives lied.
The rest of the world does not agree with you few on the far right.

What do you expect from a bunch of lefties who are born liars.

But seldom is. Look at the riots this past year. How many vandals went to jail? Cops were told to stand down. Instigators scream "Burn that Mother... before they burned down businesses in Ferguson. The presidents men, Holder, et.al came down to honor the dead thug!

Hundreds of people were arrested in the riots last year. The "police being told to stand down" meme is just right wing fantasy.
Were they arrested and released with no trial or sentencing? The police were told to stand down. True.

No, it's not the slightest bit "true". It's just right wing fantasy that you heard on the radio or read on the internet.
And you know the illusive truth. How did you come across the "truth" that seemed to avoid the rest of the world?

First of all, I was actually present at some of the riots last year - and I know how police riot control tactics work, due to family friends in the NYPD command structure.

Not to mention, this "truth" didn't "avoid the rest of the world" - it was avoided by Movement Conservative Media Machine.
So how did the police control the riots in Ferguson?

I didn't say anything about Conservatives "lying".

Why are you lying about what I said?

You used the word "truth" and "avoided". Since the opposite of truth is lie and you say Conservative avoided the truth, that leave only one thing. That's you saying they lied.

:lol:

That's some real semantic gymnastics right there. I don't even know where to begin.

Hundreds of people were arrested in the riots last year. The "police being told to stand down" meme is just right wing fantasy.

Tear gas, rubber bullets, riot shields. The same way they do it everywhere else.

I didn't say anything about Conservatives "lying".

Why are you lying about what I said?

You used the word "truth" and "avoided". Since the opposite of truth is lie and you say Conservative avoided the truth, that leave only one thing. That's you saying they lied.
The opposite of the truth can be that one does not understand the truth. Conservative, you can't handle the truth. :lol:

The rest of the world does not agree with you few on the far right.

What do you expect from a bunch of lefties who are born liars.
I don't believe all lefties are liars. Many are just well meaning but ignorant enough to believe the implausible left.

Not sure if you were born yet to see the Riots of the 1960's
Berkeley's protests which did get violent
Protests with buses of kids on the D.C mall

You can't make people change how they feel, but the schools can demand respect for the students attending, along with safety . This is not a political need, it is a priority for our children that go off to college.

BTW this comment is stupid!
Can we stop the pendulum from moving so far to the left that a college degree is meaningless?

Respect starts at home. And if anyone has a teenager, you know the challenge of parenting a defiant teen who progresses to an insolent young adult who wants to be given a $80,000 job for meaningless work.

What are you talking about?

Tear gas, rubber bullets, riot shields. The same way they do it everywhere else.
Do you remember when the riots started, and curfews established, the mayor changed the police chief or hired a person by the name of Ron someone who was black and went out and walked with the demonstrators for a while and he was the 'Gift from the messiah.." but that didn't last and the burning began shortly thereafter. The cops were told to stay away.

You can't make people change how they feel, but the schools can demand respect for the students attending, along with safety . This is not a political need, it is a priority for our children that go off to college.

Can we stop the pendulum from moving so far to the left that a college degree is meaningless?

Respect starts at home. And if anyone has a teenager, you know the challenge of parenting a defiant teen who progresses to an insolent young adult who wants to be given a $80,000 job for meaningless work.

My son is a freshman in college this year~
Our children should feel safe while leaving home for the first time. There is so much hate in this world, the schools need boundaries to protect the students.

There should be 0 tolerance for hateful actions.

I understand what you are saying, and in a wonderful world, hateful actions would not be accepted in families when children are raised. But our society, especially in the last 8 years, have called for winners and losers. The losers are authority figures and whites. Maybe you haven't noticed. And racial supremacy is being called upon.

You are deranged.

Jackson is babbling.

"Is Education taking a back seat to Political Correctness in our colleges?"

This fails as a loaded question fallacy.

There is no such thing as ‘political correctness,’ it’s a ridiculous contrivance of the right, exhibiting the fear of, and contempt for, most conservatives have of unfettered debate in a free and democratic society.

Tell that shit to those chastised when they say something you lefties don't want to hear.

Oh no! Chastised? Tha sounds awful. Does it hurt?

Do you remember when the riots started, and curfews established, the mayor changed the police chief or hired a person by the name of Ron someone who was black and went out and walked with the demonstrators for a while and he was the 'Gift from the messiah.." but that didn't last and the burning began shortly thereafter. The cops were told to stay away.

The Ferguson Police Chief didn't step down until March, 6 months after the riots. I don't know who "Ron" is, but the police were not "told to stay away", as can be seen in all the news footage of the riots.

Clayton, we have talked about PC for years. It started with religions and holidays. No Christmas trees, parties or gifts allowed. Then it evolved to race after our dear leader made the point of being a racist.

You are a simpleton. Christmas is alive and well.....and has begun already.

Teenagers. Tough subject for most parents. They want the respect but refuse to give parents the same. I know of others who the well meaning parents bought their 16 year old a Lexus, another a suburban and they are now trying to ground their kids for misdemeanors but having trouble following through. This is the essence of the liberal thinker. We owe them everything without them working for it.

So, they make it through high school and go to college, making it barely through. Refuse to take a job for a meager $40,000 because of the idiocy of the 1%. So they end in the parents basement rather than taking a job and working up the ladder.

That's what is happening arpund the nation,. Liberalism at its finest. I don't expect you to understand.

Teenagers. Tough subject for most parents. They want the respect but refuse to give parents the same. I know of others who the well meaning parents bought their 16 year old a Lexus, another a suburban and they are now trying to ground their kids for misdemeanors but having trouble following through. This is the essence of the liberal thinker. We owe them everything without them working for it.

So, they make it through high school and go to college, making it barely through. Refuse to take a job for a meager $40,000 because of the idiocy of the 1%. So they end in the parents basement rather than taking a job and working up the ladder.

That's what is happening arpund the nation,. Liberalism at its finest. I don't expect you to understand.
Sweeping generalities mean nothing, Jackson.

Then they failed. Didn't Ferguson protesters make the police sign a statement that they would not use tear gas or rubber bullets any longer when they rioted?

Then they failed. Didn't Ferguson protesters make the police sign a statement that they would not use tear gas or rubber bullets any longer when they rioted?

Um, no. That never happened.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Sweeping generalities mean nothing, Jackson.
Okay with that. Aren't we all guilty of making sweeping generalities on this board? The lefts this and the rights think that. Maybe we all need to qualify our statements.

What did they "fail" at?

Forum List

Back