Is Education taking a back seat to Political Correctness in our colleges?

Teenagers. Tough subject for most parents. They want the respect but refuse to give parents the same. I know of others who the well meaning parents bought their 16 year old a Lexus, another a suburban and they are now trying to ground their kids for misdemeanors but having trouble following through. This is the essence of the liberal thinker. We owe them everything without them working for it.

So, they make it through high school and go to college, making it barely through. Refuse to take a job for a meager $40,000 because of the idiocy of the 1%. So they end in the parents basement rather than taking a job and working up the ladder.

That's what is happening arpund the nation,. Liberalism at its finest. I don't expect you to understand.

This last Sept. I took my son to college and was surprised to see off campus housing jam packed with students drinking and whatever else.
The college has 0 say with anything off campus, so I am sure their are future alcoholics brewing and are not there to learn.

On the other hand there are hard working students who are there to learn, who deserve our support and provide safety..They can go on and be our future leaders.

Just wondering, what does politics have to do with parenting? There are awesome parents , and loser parents from all parties.

BTW you said the racial supremacy is being called out. Who are they?
As a 72 year old attending college on a part time basis with a full time job, I find the young people that I attend school with to be on the whole, admirable and hard working people. As for PC, I see as much of that on the right as on the left.

What I do see is that the liberal side sees value in education, and the conservative side seems to be stating that education is not worth that much. And doing everything they can to defund education in this nation.

Teenagers. Tough subject for most parents. They want the respect but refuse to give parents the same. I know of others who the well meaning parents bought their 16 year old a Lexus, another a suburban and they are now trying to ground their kids for misdemeanors but having trouble following through. This is the essence of the liberal thinker. We owe them everything without them working for it.

So, they make it through high school and go to college, making it barely through. Refuse to take a job for a meager $40,000 because of the idiocy of the 1%. So they end in the parents basement rather than taking a job and working up the ladder.

That's what is happening arpund the nation,. Liberalism at its finest. I don't expect you to understand.

This last Sept. I took my son to college and was surprised to see off campus housing jam packed with students drinking and whatever else.
The college has 0 say with anything off campus, so I am sure their are future alcoholics brewing and are not there to learn.

On the other hand there are hard working students who are there to learn, who deserve our support and provide safety..They can go on and be our future leaders.

Just wondering, what does politics have to do with parenting? There are awesome parents , and loser parents from all parties.

As a 72 year old attending college on a part time basis with a full time job, I find the young people that I attend school with to be on the whole, admirable and hard working people. As for PC, I see as much of that on the right as on the left.

What I do see is that the liberal side sees value in education, and the conservative side seems to be stating that education is not worth that much. And doing everything they can to defund education in this nation.

I agree 100% Old Rocks~ :eusa_clap: going back to school. I went back at 50 and got my counseling degree .
China will or already has passed us with education , they make it a high priority from birth. A little too much in my opinion.

California was one of the highest on education in the 1960's, they defunded it so bad we are in the low numbers now.

"Is Education taking a back seat to Political Correctness in our colleges?"

This fails as a loaded question fallacy.

There is no such thing as ‘political correctness,’ it’s a ridiculous contrivance of the right, exhibiting the fear of, and contempt for, most conservatives have of unfettered debate in a free and democratic society.

Tell that shit to those chastised when they say something you lefties don't want to hear.

Oh no! Chastised? Tha sounds awful. Does it hurt?

To the point that they lose their jobs if they don't cave into the left's mindset.

In your case, it can hurt if you're man enough to step up to the plate.

And you know the illusive truth. How did you come across the "truth" that seemed to avoid the rest of the world?

First of all, I was actually present at some of the riots last year - and I know how police riot control tactics work, due to family friends in the NYPD command structure.

Not to mention, this "truth" didn't "avoid the rest of the world" - it was avoided by Movement Conservative Media Machine.

Typical excuse that Conservatives lied.

I didn't say anything about Conservatives "lying".

Why are you lying about what I said?

You used the word "truth" and "avoided". Since the opposite of truth is lie and you say Conservative avoided the truth, that leave only one thing. That's you saying they lied.
The opposite of the truth can be that one does not understand the truth. Conservative, you can't handle the truth. :lol:

The OPPOSITE of truth is lie. Saying one didn't understand the truth is the Liberal excuse when they lie and get caught.

I tell the truth. You try to redefine it to suit your agenda.

And you know the illusive truth. How did you come across the "truth" that seemed to avoid the rest of the world?

First of all, I was actually present at some of the riots last year - and I know how police riot control tactics work, due to family friends in the NYPD command structure.

Not to mention, this "truth" didn't "avoid the rest of the world" - it was avoided by Movement Conservative Media Machine.

You used the word "truth" and "avoided". Since the opposite of truth is lie and you say Conservative avoided the truth, that leave only one thing. That's you saying they lied.

:lol:

That's some real semantic gymnastics right there. I don't even know where to begin.

No semantics unless you're willing to prove the opposite of truth isn't lie.

That's the excuse Liberals uses when they lie. They blame it on someone else doing something. Typical but expected.

There is no such thing as ‘political correctness,’ it’s a ridiculous contrivance of the right, exhibiting the fear of, and contempt for, most conservatives have of unfettered debate in a free and democratic society.

Tell that shit to those chastised when they say something you lefties don't want to hear.

To the point that they lose their jobs if they don't cave into the left's mindset.

Silly nutter. All the job creators are conservative. Why are they firing these people?

What do you mean by that last sentence? You gonna pitch me inside, bitch? I'll take you deep.

Silly nutter. All the job creators are conservative. Why are they firing these people?

What do you mean by that last sentence? You gonna pitch me inside, bitch? I'll take you deep.

It's the Liberals that get people fired for not towing the line.

I'll come straight down the middle and the only thing that will be deep will be your head back up your ass.

they make it a high priority from birth. A little too much in my opinion.

???????

It's the Liberals that get people fired for not towing the line.

I'll come straight down the middle and the only thing that will be deep will be your head back up your ass.

The people who fire people are the ones who can fire them. Nobody else. If you do something that harms the bottom line....you'll get canned.

Oh look. He's a baller! Does the "65" indicate your year of birth? If so....I'm a year older.....and not many 50 year olds can beat me down the middle. Can you even hit 70? I doubt it.

You wee surprised to see college kids drinking?

The opposite of the truth can be that one does not understand the truth. Conservative, you can't handle the truth. :lol:

The OPPOSITE of truth is lie. Saying one didn't understand the truth is the Liberal excuse when they lie and get caught.

I tell the truth. You try to redefine it to suit your agenda.
The opposite of truth is error not a lie. You don't understand truth at times. If you don't honestly then you can be mistaken and not lying. You obviously don't understand this construct. So you say those who disagree with you are liars. So you are in error.

Forum List

Back