Is Galaxy Quest one of the best movies ever?

No. Hulu offered him twice the budget and more running time.
Seth didn't want to continue the series at all, because the other network wasn't giving him what he needed to continue the series.

If it weren't for Hulu, there would be no more The Orville.

Still, I don't know why a deal wasn't made to keep it on Fox too. They walked away from the very audience which made the show a hit, then Covid shut the show down for a couple years. Is it still on? I might buy the series on DVD if they ever put it on one but I will never subscribe to any steaming cloud service where you have to PAY every time you watch something.

Shame as the show had just gotten really good both with the attack of that robot planet, the one the mechanical character came from and I just loved the gay spats between the other character Bortis? who was this big, mean, tough looking guy always getting into it with his gay life partner (their species only had one sex).

Well, I pay for internet, but other than that, I can watch anything I want and I don't pay for it.
I don't pay "per view" fees.
I don't pay monthly fees for sites like Hulu or NetFlix.
I don't pay anybody for anything, other than my internet connection.
I pay for Google fiber and Hulu. I have EVERY OTHER service possible through my kids putting it on my TV for the grandkids and Netflix has been free with my cell phone for the last 8 years or so

Still, I don't know why a deal wasn't made to keep it on Fox too. They walked away from the very audience which made the show a hit, then Covid shut the show down for a couple years. Is it still on? I might buy the series on DVD if they ever put it on one but I will never subscribe to any steaming cloud service where you have to PAY every time you watch something.

Shame as the show had just gotten really good both with the attack of that robot planet, the one the mechanical character came from and I just loved the gay spats between the other character Bortis? who was this big, mean, tough looking guy always getting into it with his gay life partner (their species only had one sex).

There is a season on Hulu. The episodes are almost an hour long, if not more. You can tell they were given a LOT more money, a LOT more time, and LOT more leeway to do it the way Seth wants it done.

Seth still isn't sure about another season though. He wants so badly to do something else thats been in his eye for many years.

Fortunately, they did leave it at a good place where it could be the end or could be the beginning of another few episodes.
It hasn't been cancelled, but another episode has not been ordered yet either. A couple of the actors on the show (not Seth), claim there will be a 4th season though.

There is a season on Hulu.
Just one season? I have the first two on Fox saved, so it sounds like they've only done one more in the last 3-4 years, which is a shame as the seasons were also very short, only 12 episodes or thereabouts each year, which is a joke. And I won't use Hulu as it is pay TV allied with Disney and I can't save the programming. And I just looked at Hulu TV listings and there is nothing there I see that interests me except a couple things I already get on TV for free.

The episodes are almost an hour long, if not more. You can tell they were given a LOT more money, a LOT more time, and LOT more leeway to do it the way Seth wants it done.
At least Seth was putting out a real quality product which is why it was such a shame to yank it off TV. I wonder if he gained or lost viewership going streaming only.

It hasn't been cancelled, but another episode has not been ordered yet either. A couple of the actors on the show (not Seth), claim there will be a 4th season though.
Wow, I was right. The show started in 2017 or 2018 I believe and here in 2023 they've only done three seasons, or about 36 episodes. In the 1960s, one TV season was around 30 episodes.

Just one season? I have the first two on Fox saved, so it sounds like they've only done one more in the last 3-4 years, which is a shame as the seasons were also very short, only 12 episodes or thereabouts each year, which is a joke. And I won't use Hulu as it is pay TV allied with Disney and I can't save the programming. And I just looked at Hulu TV listings and there is nothing there I see that interests me except a couple things I already get on TV for free.

At least Seth was putting out a real quality product which is why it was such a shame to yank it off TV. I wonder if he gained or lost viewership going streaming only.

Wow, I was right. The show started in 2017 or 2018 I believe and here in 2023 they've only done three seasons, or about 36 episodes. In the 1960s, one TV season was around 30 episodes.

Seth just did this show for a lark, as a homage to Star Trek. He didn't expect it to become an iconic show of extreme measures.
He originally just wanted to do a couple of seasons and go off to something else. But fans told him no, there WILL be another season.
But Fox wasn't up for giving him what he needed to continue, so he said no.

Hulu then came to the rescue and said "you have double the money, and you have full control". Of course, nobody in the industry is going to turn that down!!!! So seasn 3 was born.

I think you can get Hulu free for a week or a month.............depending on their customer numbers at any given time. If you get it free for a week or a month, you can literally binge watch the entire 3rd season. If you watch it through your computer, you can get a program that will "copy" it as you watch it, then you can save it like that. Sort of like an all electronic video recorder.

I just checked...............right now they are running "ONE MONTH FREE". Just be sure and CANCEL two days before your end month date.
That way you are automatically cancelled and wont get charged anything.

Forum List

Back