Is Gay Marriage Already Void? &/Or Is Polygamy Already Legal?

The OP's points& the 14th Amendment's broad & blind umbrella, can we deny polygamy marriage?

• Yes, even though I approve of gay sex behaviors, I don't approve of polyamorous ones.

• No, one minority sex behavior gets the same protection as all under the 14th's intent.

• Not sure. There does seem to be a conflict in law here.

• I think it's OK that the courts can pick and choose which kink can marry and which can't.

Results are only viewable after voting.
People can marry- not sexual orientations.

And yes people of all sexual orientations can marry each other.
Can you give me a link to a state law where polyamorists can marry their love objects of two or more?

Check out any state law- any couple can marry each other now- despite your efforts to prevent same gender and opposite race couples from being able to legally marry.

As you are aware, polyamorists are more than two.

Nope. You don't know what a polyamorist is. A polyamorist is a person. Not a 'group' of people'. Try again.

I'm still waiting for that quote of the Obergefell ruling saying “If you are oriented sexually to two or more people then all three or more of you can already marry according to Obergefell + the 14th Amendment.”

Show us the quote in the Obergefell ruling.

Nope. You don't know what a polyamorist is. A polyamorist is a person. Not a 'group' of people'. Try again.

A polyamorist is a person in love with two or more other people. Your link to where that sexual orientation person is legal to marry their love objects, plural....?

A polyamorist is a person in love with two or more other people. Your link to where that sexual orientation person is legal to marry their love objects, plural....?

No a polyamorist is a person who can love more than one person.

The rest of your post is meaningless pseudo-legal gibberish.

I'm still waiting for that quote of the Obergefell ruling saying “If you are oriented sexually to two or more people then all three or more of you can already marry according to Obergefell + the 14th Amendment.”

This isn't going away, Sil.

People can marry- not sexual orientations.

And yes people of all sexual orientations can marry each other.
Can you give me a link to a state law where polyamorists can marry their love objects of two or more?

Check out any state law- any couple can marry each other now- despite your efforts to prevent same gender and opposite race couples from being able to legally marry.

As you are aware, polyamorists are more than two. .
Polyamory
the practice or condition of participating simultaneously in more than one serious romantic or sexual relationship with the knowledge and consent of all partners.

Nothing prevents any two polyamorists from marrying.

Polygamy is illegal. That of course doesn't have anything to with polyamory.

Now if you want to pursue marrying your sister wife- you know the way to the court.

All you have to do is convince the court.

Why is polyamory legal but polygamy illegal? That's the same as saying homosexuality is legal but you can't marry the same gender.

Then why did the Brown Family sue if polygamy is already legal? The Supreme Court refused to hear their case last January. They argued they should be allowed to marry based on their religious freedom and the right to privacy. Why don't you support their religious freedom? Or do religious freedoms only apply if you're a baker? lol

Polyamory isn't based in religion. I know plenty of men who are atheists who would like more than one woman in their bed "legally". Since this is their kink and if the women consent, how is it not already legal? Because the majority objects to this particular sex kink but is OK with men using each other's lower digestive tract as an artificial vagina?
But then you deprive poor men of women. They'll have to fuck each other! We will not be equal until every man has his own fuckable woman.

Keep running, Sil. If even you are going to ignore your pseudo-legal gibberish, surely you'll understand why none of us have much use for it.

Why is polyamory legal but polygamy illegal? That's the same as saying homosexuality is legal but you can't marry the same gender.

Now if you want to pursue marrying your sister wife- you know the way to the court.

Yeah, I think she's going to have a hard time doing that with imaginary quotes from Obergefell.

That statement is one and the same as gay marriage is illegal. That of course doesn't have anything to do with homosexuality. Now if you want to pursue marrying another lesbian, you know the way to court..

Except that a court has apparently (but not legally) already said sexual orientations get the same privileges and immunities as static classes. Since polyamory is the sexual orientation towards more than one partner, how is banning them from marrying two or more people legal, given Obergefell's statements about sexual orientation in almost every single paragraph throughout the Opinion? Is any one of the majority's opinion on polyamory allowed to affect their ability to betroth the ones (plural) they love? Not according to Obergefell it isn't.

One sexual orientation....ALL sexual orientations.

That statement is one and the same as gay marriage is illegal.

Same sex marriage isn't illegal, even before the Obergefell ruling. It wasn't legally recognized. Polygamy however is a crime.

There's no criminal penalty for something that isn't legally recognized. Neither the courts nor the courts will enforce an unrecognized union. There most definitely is a criminal penalty for Polygamy.

Again, you simply don't know what you're talking about. And your confusion isn't a legal standard.

Except that a court has apparently (but not legally) already said sexual orientations get the same privileges and immunities as static classes.

The Obergefell ruling doesn't say a thing about 'static classes'. Let alone compare privileges and immunities to it.

You imagined it.

Since polyamory is the sexual orientation towards more than one partner, how is banning them from marrying two or more people legal, given Obergefell's statements about sexual orientation in almost every single paragraph throughout the Opinion? Is any one of the majority's opinion on polyamory allowed to affect their ability to betroth the ones (plural) they love? Not according to Obergefell it isn't.

The Obergefell ruling doesn't say a thing about polyamory. Let alone recognize it as authorizing polygamy.

You imagined it.

That statement is one and the same as gay marriage is illegal. .

Except gay marriage is not illegal. And polygamy is.

Except for that.

Except gay marriage is not illegal. And polygamy is.

Both are sexual orientations. And sexual orientation is woven as the pleading idea in Obergefell throughout. So sexual orientation won the rights to marry. Now you know according to the 14th nobody can be arbitrarily stripped of the same privileges and rights as another. So what is it about polyamory-orientation that makes it illegal for one to marry two or more?

So slyhunters role is strawman-inserter. Got it.
I prefer Devils Advocate.
I put the spot light on the consequences of your argument.
The reason for one man one woman is so poor men have a chance of getting a woman of their own. Without which some will give up on life and turn to crime, fill up our prisons and fuck each other to hell and back.

Forum List

Back