🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is gay marriage the most important issue in the USA?

It is an issue for the federal government to decide on. If a same sex couple is married in one state, and they need to relocate to another state that doesn't recognize their marriage it's not fair for them. This is too difficult for the simpleton right wing mind to comprehend, but it's a very distinct possibility and it gives the federal government due cause to rule on it.

Oh, its not faaaaaaaaaair, it might hurt their feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelings------well tough shit. Stay in a state that recognizes your gay hook up as a marriage.

My CC permit is not recognized in New Jersey or New York, so I don't go to those states with my gun in my pocket. BFD.

you gays need to grow the fuck up and realize that you are less than 2% of the population and the rest of us don't have to cater to your feeeeeeeeeeeeeeelings.
Oh, its not faaaaaaaaaair, it might hurt their feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelings------well tough shit. Stay in a state that recognizes your gay hook up as a marriage.

My CC permit is not recognized in New Jersey or New York, so I don't go to those states with my gun in my pocket. BFD.

you gays need to grow the fuck up and realize that you are less than 2% of the population and the rest of us don't have to cater to your feeeeeeeeeeeeeeelings.
So much for the OP being the last gay thread post he makes.....once a liar always a liar, it would appear. He just can't quit the gay.
Just because it's not important to you doesn't mean it's not important to gays. Comparing your CC permit to gsy marriage is really fucked up, unless of course you want to give it a blow job. Ist Americans today approve of gay marriage, so a vote would be fine with me. You're the one that needs to grow the fuck up and realize that it's a civil rights issue, and that your homophobic issues need to be dealt with through psychological therapy.

BTW, its not homophobic to be opposed to gay marriage.

Simply being opposed to gay marriage does not necessarily make you homophobic- but you certainly could be.

But certainly if you are not opposed to gay marriage you are not homophobic.

Yeah, it kinda does. Being opposed to gays civilly marrying is bigotry.

The Rude Pundit

Come on people. We have some real problems in this country

18 trillion in debt
half the country on some form of govt handout
deficit spending every year
no confidence in congress or the president
the mid east burning
radical islam killing thousands because or religion
more americans in poverty than ever before
hundreds of trillions in unfunded liabilities
racial violence in our cities

and we spend hours arguing about gay marriage???? WTF is wrong with us? And yes, I am guilty of it too.

I have made my last post on a gay thread. I hope many of you will follow suit. Let the court do its job and live with the rulings

We have much more important issues to deal with than whether two gays or lesbians can call their union a marriage.
Hah, i've noticed that cr@p earlier. We have a huge amount of actual problems which do really endanger our country. But we prefer to discuss how and where will we marry gays and lesbians. The problem is exaggerated. It is a sort of advertisement.

That one of the two political parties in the nation thinks that this subset of citizens have fewer rights than everyone else....

When this set has not broken any laws...

That depriving people of rights can be based solely upon their otherwise peaceful behavior....

Nothing is more important in a very real sense.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." MLK

18 trillion in debt
the mid east burning

and we spend hours arguing about gay marriage???? WTF is wrong with us? And yes, I am guilty of it too.

I have made my last post on a gay thread. I hope many of you will follow suit. Let the court do its job and live with the rulings

We have much more important issues to deal with than whether two gays or lesbians can call their union a marriage.

Christians are scared to death of gay marriage because of the raptures. But they can't control the end of times by using Judgment on others. "Do not Judge or be judged" may be the sin that starts the raptures. Gays loving and Christians hating. Anything wrong with this picture?

REDFISH SAID:

“BTW, its not homophobic to be opposed to gay marriage.”

Actually it is, given the fact there's no rational basis in support of denying same-sex couples their right to equal protection of the law. There's also no objective, documented evidence in support of prohibiting same-sex couples from marrying, and seeking to do so is devoid of a proper legislative end – indeed, this is why the courts have invalidated measures seeking to deny same-sex couples access to marriage law.

In addition, the 'states' rights' argument fails, as the states have no authority whatsoever to deny same-sex couples their inalienable, fundamental rights as protected by the 14th Amendment.

In the end, there is no legal, Constitutional basis justifying denying same-sex couples access to marriage law they're eligible to participate in, the only motivating factor is unwarranted animus toward gay Americans.

Considering gays make up about 2% of the population and not 100% of that number care about gay marriage, I'd say it is of no real consequence. What this is really about is chipping away at tradition. Nothing more, nothing less.
Nonsense.

'Tradition' is not justification to deny citizens their civil rights.

And the percentage of gay American in the population has no bearing whatsoever on the issue, if one American is denied his civil rights, that's one American too many; there is no more important issue than ensuring every American be afforded his comprehensive civil rights.

18 trillion in debt
the mid east burning

It's not merely a nomenclature issue.

It is an issue for the federal government to decide on. If a same sex couple is married in one state, and they need to relocate to another state that doesn't recognize their marriage it's not fair for them. This is too difficult for the simpleton right wing mind to comprehend, but it's a very distinct possibility and it gives the federal government due cause to rule on it.

So much for the OP being the last gay thread post he makes.....once a liar always a liar, it would appear. He just can't quit the gay.
Just because it's not important to you doesn't mean it's not important to gays. Comparing your CC permit to gsy marriage is really fucked up, unless of course you want to give it a blow job. Ist Americans today approve of gay marriage, so a vote would be fine with me. You're the one that needs to grow the fuck up and realize that it's a civil rights issue, and that your homophobic issues need to be dealt with through psychological therapy.

Simply being opposed to gay marriage does not necessarily make you homophobic- but you certainly could be.

homophobic = afraid of homosexuals. I am not afraid of homosexuals.

I know that in the current jargon, homophobic is used to mean opposed to gay marriage, but that is not what the word means.

18 trillion in debt
the mid east burning

Yes, it is. That is all it is. It is all about the word marriage being used to define a homosexual union.

the entire debate is about the word 'marriage'. If you on the left would face that reality we might be able to solve this mess.

18 trillion in debt
the mid east burning

Christians are scared to death of gay marriage because of the raptures. But they can't control the end of times by using Judgment on others. "Do not Judge or be judged" may be the sin that starts the raptures. Gays loving and Christians hating. Anything wrong with this picture?

what's wrong is that the picture you have created is totally inaccurate.

I know that in the current jargon, homophobic is used to mean opposed to gay marriage, but that is not what the word means.

Actually neither of your definitions is correct.

Per Webster:

Dictionary
homophobia
noun ho·mo·pho·bia \ˌhō-mə-ˈfō-bē-ə\
Definition of HOMOPHOBIA
: irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals

And that describes you perfectly.

18 trillion in debt
the mid east burning

Yes, it is. That is all it is. It is all about the word marriage being used to define a homosexual union.

the entire debate is about the word 'marriage'. If you on the left would face that reality we might be able to solve this mess.

Clearly it isn't- note Georgia's law- the homophobes don't merely object to the word marriage- they object to any legal recognition of same gender unions. If homosexuals had not been winning recognition of their right to marry in the courts- the homophobes would still be fighting against them having civil unions.

(a) This state shall recognize as marriage only the union of man and woman. Marriages between persons of the same sex are prohibited in this state.
(b) No union between persons of the same sex shall be recognized by this state as entitled to the benefits of marriage. This state shall not give effect to any public act, record, or judicial proceeding of any other state or jurisdiction respecting a relationship between persons of the same sex that is treated as a marriage under the laws of such other state or jurisdiction. The courts of this state shall have no jurisdiction to grant a divorce or separate maintenance with respect to any such relationship or otherwise to consider or rule on any of the parties' respective rights arising as a result of or in connection with such relationship.[3]

18 trillion in debt
the mid east burning

So 'separate but equal' again? That doesn't have a good track record. Mainly because the separation doesn't exist because they are equal. But because they're not.

18 trillion in debt
the mid east burning

I nominate this as the most Ironic thread of the year!

Per Webster:

Dictionary
homophobia
Definition of HOMOPHOBIA
: irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals

and you are full of shit. I have gay relatives and friends who I love and respect, you fricken moron, you know nothing about me. Go fuck yourself, asshole.

18 trillion in debt
the mid east burning

So 'separate but equal' again? That doesn't have a good track record. Mainly because the separation doesn't exist because they are equal. But because they're not.

so you admit that this is all about the word 'marriage' and has nothing to do with equality, the constitution, fairness or anything else. Its about forced societal acceptance of homosexuality as normal and equal to normal heterosexual human beings.

Per Webster:

Dictionary
homophobia
Definition of HOMOPHOBIA

and you are full of shit. I have gay relatives and friends who I love and respect, you fricken moron, you know nothing about me. Go fuck yourself, asshole.

Do they know you are homophobic?

18 trillion in debt
the mid east burning

I nominate this as the most Ironic thread of the year!

If pointing out the hypocrisy of liberals is ironic, then I agree.

Forum List

Back