🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is height shaming short men a real thing these days?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
I read a story about a guy who was 5' 6" and was so traumatized by the mocking he got at work and by women in general that he had his femurs broken and titanium rods inserted to make him 5' 10". He claimed that after a year he could function normally and no longer got mocked and was very happy. I had to wonder how pervasive is height shaming short men? Is this a real thing with all short guys or was his case unusual?

I read a story about a guy who was 5' 6" and was so traumatized by the mocking he got at work and by women in general that he had his femurs broken and titanium rods inserted to make him 5' 10". He claimed that after a year he could function normally and no longer got mocked and was very happy. I had to wonder how pervasive is height shaming short men? Is this a real thing with all short guys or was his case unusual?
It depends? Did he whine about it? If so then he will be mocked the rest of his life.
If he laughed along with it and used the humour to his advantage, then being short will work for him very well.
Napolean did quite well for himself. I have a nephew who is only about 5 ft. And he is incredibly successful with a great family.

Zelensky is short and he's adorable, but yes he's short. Is noticing a guys height being short a form of shaming? :dunno:
No, not just noticing. When women, or men, mock and belittle guys who are short they are just behaving in a hateful way. My stepdad was a great guy. He was about 5'8" and I was taller by 5th grade. I always looked up to him. People who don't take the time to get to KNOW a person, are just cheating themselves.

I'm a big guy and I've seen little guys pull off some insane physical feats. Your height is what you make it. Sit around and whine about it, especially in front of aggressive, alpha type men and you're going to get steam rolled. Assholes in general have a tendency to fixate on some obvious trait of someone they don't like or who is threatening to them. Calling someone short on the regular could fit this bill. But seriously, I can't imagine a mature, self-confident fellow man being shamed into some kind of body altering surgery. What a pussy.

Sounds like the guy had issues. I can't believe he found a surgeon willing to perform a risky unnecessary surgery like that.

I'm a big guy and I've seen little guys pull off some insane physical feats
I never quite made it to 5'8" and it never hurt me in any way other than when recruiters came around interviewing me my Senior Year.

I was all region as a defensive lineman and had the most tackles three years running and was stout enough that it actually gave me an advantage.

Division 1 schools were leery of me though thinking my vision would be too limited.

The Army didn't mind though. :auiqs.jpg:

It sounds unusual. In high school and college, I was on a number of sports teams and had some short teamates who did great with the ladies.

The most popular guy in my high school was about 5'8, and was an All American halfback who went on to play for UCLA and then the Philadelphia Eagles.

We've kept in touch over the years and he never married, but to this day, he still has more women than he has time for.

IMO, self confidence, and an outgoing personality are great equalizers socially.

I was 5’ 7” when younger but now at age 75 I have shrunk to 5“ 3”

I never really got razzed about my height. I did get bullied for a while in High School until I broke the bully’s nose with a left hook. That was way back in the 1960s. At that time if someone threw the first punch you could defend yourself. I got the bully to slap me and then nailed him. My father had taught me how to box.

I later became good friends with a member of the bully’s gang and asked him why the bully picked on me. He told me when the gang used to walk down the hallways everybody including teachers stepped out of their way except for this one little bastard who walked right through them. That of course was me.

I knew I was short but never looked at it as a disadvantage. I ran a shift at a factory and was known as ”The little General” but that was mostly because I wore an Ike Eisenhower Jacket in the Florida winter time.

1652077797623.jpeg

Sounds like the guy had issues. I can't believe he found a surgeon willing to perform a risky unnecessary surgery like that.
this surgery is normally used for little people...massively painful as one is basically breaking one's bones daily thus allowing the bone to graft and become longer...surgeons perform unnecessary shit daily...cosmetic surgery etc

Zelensky is short and he's adorable, but yes he's short. Is noticing a guys height being short a form of shaming? :dunno:
From what I've read it's more than just noticing a guy is short. Like the 5' 6" guy who felt traumatized enough to have his leg bones lengthened. It may be he had other issues too.

It depends? Did he whine about it? If so then he will be mocked the rest of his life.
If he laughed along with it and used the humour to his advantage, then being short will work for him very well.
Napolean did quite well for himself. I have a nephew who is only about 5 ft. And he is incredibly successful with a great family.
There's certainly a lot of examples of short successful men. I'm asking if there is a general bias against short men especially amongst younger people. I'm old and tall so I don't know.

"Short people got no reason to live" "they got little bitty hands and little bitty eyes and they walk around tellin great big lies".....Randy Newman.

this surgery is normally used for little people...massively painful as one is basically breaking one's bones daily thus allowing the bone to graft and become longer...surgeons perform unnecessary shit daily...cosmetic surgery etc
I too was really surprised that a surgeon would perform this surgery on a normal healthy man in his 20s. I'm just wondering if height shaming is a common thing. Like a woman posting "If you're under 5' 10, you need not apply. I want a man not a garden gnome".

Here’s a video commentary about this guy who had the surgery. Apparently this guy isn’t the only one.

Always has been ....to bad midgets

Forum List

Back