Is homeschooling a good solution?

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
I don't believe liberal parents should be forced to make their children attend conservative public schools in red states and vice versa.

I don't believe liberal parents should be forced to make their children attend conservative public schools in red states and vice versa.

Home schooling is great if you want to raise a child with no exposure to any other ideas than your own,

Most people do not have the capability to home school because their own education is lacking or it is not feasible because of work schedules, etc.

If you can do it, great! If not, don't try to use it as a dodge for mandatory attendance laws or you will just be raising another idiot dependent on social services.

Home schooling is great if you want to raise a child with no exposure to any other ideas than your own,

Most people do not have the capability to home school because their own education is lacking or it is not feasible because of work schedules, etc.

If you can do it, great! If not, don't try to use it as a dodge for mandatory attendance laws or you will just be raising another idiot dependent on social services.
And yet somehow homeschooled kids kick ass on virtually every measure. For the record I homeschooled my older son. All the homeschooled kids I ever met, even where their parents were hardly intellects, were polite and could interact well with adults.

Might produce good grades for some but the real world isn't at home with mom.

And yet somehow homeschooled kids kick ass on virtually every measure. For the record I homeschooled my older son. All the homeschooled kids I ever met, even where their parents were hardly intellects, were polite and could interact well with adults.
How were they with kids? Oddballs I bet.

To stupid people smart people seem like oddballs. The reverse is also true.

To stupid people smart people seem like oddballs. The reverse is also true.
Not many smart people around these days.

The main purpose of public or private schools IMHO, is to introduce the little darlings to the real world. Then as a close second, they learn their three Rs but should not be indoctrinated into any political sway right or left...or religion....including the Church of LGBT...

There is lack of oversight in homeschooling and the kids grow up stunted. Yeah I know they go to random gatherings now and then to socialize, but it's not the same as day in day out interfacing with their peers, working out issues, learning the ropes of real life that they'll have to face one day.

Best you can do is send them along, monitor their every day with idle conversation (where you are gleaning the hell out of what's actually going on there) and staying in touch with their teachers and school staff as often as you can. Go in and volunteer now and then in class, on the playground, events etc. Then your kids see you out there in the real world too and how you handle it.

I'm just not a fan of homeschooling.

I've known a few when they applied/worked as volunteers at my wildlife rehab facility. They certainly were not unintelligent but, without exception, they were utterly unprepared to live in the real world. They couldn't converse or take instruction. And they all had very bizarre holes in their knowledge.

I agree that if you want kids who are raised with only one pov and very lax standards, home school them. Also remember, with few exceptions, their "teachers" are not qualified for much of anything.

Remembering when idiot Glenn Beck suggested that grand parents be the teachers for their grand kids. Dumb.

Edited to add - Doesn't Political chic teach her kids at home? Is there anyone here who reads as much and knows less than she does? THAT should tell you all you need to know.

Last edited:
Its a great idea. I wish I had the patience to do so. My kids enjoy school and it just takes a very involved parent like me and my wife to pay attention to what kids are learning or being taught and to correct the mistakes and or outright lies and keep them from garbage like going to a n!gger museum for some white guilt which we did a few months ago. I was home schooled for a year and played football and baseball and was in scouts. The socialization lie is pathetic as there was more activities I did OUTSIDE of school than I ever did IN school.

Why is it considered to be a "solution"? Homeschooling is a viable form of education itself. You could say that public schools are a solution to parents who don't care or too busy to home school.

Public schools are a good idea and this is why they should have a national standard.

But what if a liberal parent is stuck in area with a school that uses corporal punishment?

You okay with forcing the the parents to do something against their core values?

If conservative cake makers cannot be not forced to make cakes for gay weddings then a liberal parent should not be forced to have their child attend a red state public school that uses corporal punishment!

Public schools are a good idea and this is why they should have a national standard.

But what if a liberal parent is stuck in area with a school that uses corporal punishment?

You okay with forcing the the parents to do something against their core values?

If conservative cake makers cannot be not forced to make cakes for gay weddings then a liberal parent should not be forced to have their child attend a red state public school that uses corporal punishment!
You can tell them they can't spank your kids. Just remember to do that every year.

Homeschooling is, generally, a horrible idea. Now there are probably certain situations where homeschooling is actually a good idea (you have a parent who is well-educated, well-financed, and has a child with special needs or an exceptionally high academic aptitude). However, those situations are relatively rare. It is better to ensure that most of our children work off of similar knowledge bases. If a parent does disagree with what is being taught, then they can always elect to supplement their child's primary education with a bit of work at home.

Another bad thing about homeschooling is that it sucks the productivity out of working age Americans. We now live in a time where it is very common for both parents to be employed (and thus both be productive for our economy). If we regress into the times where one parent was always a stay-at-home then we will lose a lot of our work force that, frankly, we really could use.

Nothing will turn your kid into an anti social loser faster than home schooling.
Another one of the usual clowns that thinks they are experts...I just laugh at these idiots.Who knew home school equaled not being socialized in sports of all kinds,church,scouts,etc etc

Its a great idea. I wish I had the patience to do so. My kids enjoy school and it just takes a very involved parent like me and my wife to pay attention to what kids are learning or being taught and to correct the mistakes and or outright lies and keep them from garbage like going to a n!gger museum for some white guilt which we did a few months ago. I was home schooled for a year and played football and baseball and was in scouts. The socialization lie is pathetic as there was more activities I did OUTSIDE of school than I ever did IN school.

Odious, you're just inbred, cracker ass, trailer trash who has openly said you think kids should be brainwashed to do away with any and all education they get.

My bet is you're on welfare.

You'll never admit it but I'd bet on it.

Forum List

Back