Is homeschooling a good solution?

I don't believe liberal parents should be forced to make their children attend conservative public schools in red states and vice versa.

Home schooling is great if you want to raise a child with no exposure to any other ideas than your own,

Most people do not have the capability to home school because their own education is lacking or it is not feasible because of work schedules, etc.

If you can do it, great! If not, don't try to use it as a dodge for mandatory attendance laws or you will just be raising another idiot dependent on social services.
And yet somehow homeschooled kids kick ass on virtually every measure. For the record I homeschooled my older son. All the homeschooled kids I ever met, even where their parents were hardly intellects, were polite and could interact well with adults.
How were they with kids? Oddballs I bet.
To stupid people smart people seem like oddballs. The reverse is also true.
Not many smart people around these days.
Irony!

Public schools are a good idea and this is why they should have a national standard.

But what if a liberal parent is stuck in area with a school that uses corporal punishment?

You okay with forcing the the parents to do something against their core values?

If conservative cake makers cannot be not forced to make cakes for gay weddings then a liberal parent should not be forced to have their child attend a red state public school that uses corporal punishment!

You're mixing up issues but no school should be allowed to hit a child.

If I had a child in a redneck, red state, RWNJ school district, I would make a lot of noise, write letters, make it known that you do not agree to have anyone hit my kid.

Then, if one of the assholes does, you've got a lot of what you need to fight back.

I don't believe liberal parents should be forced to make their children attend conservative public schools in red states and vice versa.
Where are there any "conservative" public schools? The vast majority of school boards are run by Democrats. Simply provide us with a list of the failed school system and who runs that city and school board.

Home schooling is great if you want to raise a child with no exposure to any other ideas than your own,

Most people do not have the capability to home school because their own education is lacking or it is not feasible because of work schedules, etc.

If you can do it, great! If not, don't try to use it as a dodge for mandatory attendance laws or you will just be raising another idiot dependent on social services.
And yet somehow homeschooled kids kick ass on virtually every measure. For the record I homeschooled my older son. All the homeschooled kids I ever met, even where their parents were hardly intellects, were polite and could interact well with adults.
How were they with kids? Oddballs I bet.
To stupid people smart people seem like oddballs. The reverse is also true.
Not many smart people around these days.
Irony!
You must be one of those not so smart ones. :lol:

I agree. People should be allowed to tend to the educate of their children as they see fit. How does the US Department of Education advance this notion?

[UOTE="JakeWIlls92, post: 14043651, member: 48359"]I don't believe liberal parents should be forced to make their children attend conservative public schools in red states and vice versa.

Most people do not have the capability to homeschool because their own education is lacking or it is not feasible because of work schedules, etc.

If you can do it, great! If not, don't try to use it as a dodge for mandatory attendance laws or you will just be raising another idiot dependent on social services. ellen

If you go online, there are many outstanding organizations for people who want to home school along with excellent resources.

Since when do our pathetic, progressive government school system teach any conservatism whatsoever? Studies show that they socialize just fine.

Here's a great idea for better schools, allow parents to send their children to the school of their choice. If it is a private school, religious school or whatever, give them a voucher. Private schools do it better and for less money than government schools.

Last edited:

The homeschooled people I know deal real well with adults and productive members of society. What I find they don't deal well with are lazy, unproductive, or uneduated adults and kids who don't have a serious involvement in academics or are unruly.

Knowing what I do now? There is no fucking way I would send my kids to the indoctrination centers that are trying to pass themselves off as public education. They don't teach kids HOW to think insomuch as they teach them what to think. They don't want generations of free thinkers...they want obedient workers that will never question authority which is so ironic since the teaching profession is thick with liberals that made it their business to question the status quo...that is, until they became the authority. I can't even begin to express my utter hatred for what passes as "liberals" today....they have been nothing but useful idiots to the same oligarchs that they proclaim to be against. They don't have the sense that God saw fit to give a goat......un-friggin'-real.

Public schools are a good idea and this is why they should have a national standard.

But what if a liberal parent is stuck in area with a school that uses corporal punishment?

You okay with forcing the the parents to do something against their core values?

If conservative cake makers cannot be not forced to make cakes for gay weddings then a liberal parent should not be forced to have their child attend a red state public school that uses corporal punishment!

Parents can opt out of corporal punishment.

It’s a ‘solution’ in search of a problem.
Then we have people like C_Clayton_Jones that are proof positive that the public school system churns out dullards and robots. Whenever there is a dull party? They call Clayton...because he fits right in.

Its a great idea. I wish I had the patience to do so. My kids enjoy school and it just takes a very involved parent like me and my wife to pay attention to what kids are learning or being taught and to correct the mistakes and or outright lies and keep them from garbage like going to a n!gger museum for some white guilt which we did a few months ago. I was home schooled for a year and played football and baseball and was in scouts. The socialization lie is pathetic as there was more activities I did OUTSIDE of school than I ever did IN school.

Odium

I'm not surprised that you had some home schooling and think its a good idea. You were brainwashed and believe others should be as well.

You ALWAYS blame blacks for your own problems. I don't know that home schooling is the cause of your failures, your ignorance and your inability to take responsibility but I do know what I saw with the hs kids I worked with.

They were ALL unable to socialize. They seemed nice enough but backward. There was one who I had to tell not to come back because he was preaching some fundie thumper shit to others there.

That does seem to be the only reason to home school - brainwash them into whatever cult their parents got sucked into.

Last edited:
[UOTE="JakeWIlls92, post: 14043651, member: 48359"]I don't believe liberal parents should be forced to make their children attend conservative public schools in red states and vice versa.

Most people do not have the capability to homeschool because their own education is lacking or it is not feasible because of work schedules, etc.

If you can do it, great! If not, don't try to use it as a dodge for mandatory attendance laws or you will just be raising another idiot dependent on social services. ellen

If you go online, there are many outstanding organizations for people who want to home school along with excellent resources.

Since when do our pathetic, progressive government school system teach any conservatism whatsoever? Studies show that they socialize just fine.

Here's a great idea for better schools, allow parents to send their children to the school of their choice. If it is a private school, religious school or whatever, give them a voucher. Private schools do it better and for less money than government schools.

Actually, of course, our school system stinks, not because of "conservatism" but because of extreme RWNJs calling the shots.

Its the right that wants to stop schools from teaching kids how to think. Its also the rabid right that writes and produces the lame text books in Texasss.

Kids should be taught to think for themselves. They should be give age-appropriate information from all sides of a given issue. RWNJ traitors cannot and will not allow that because kids would never agree to be the same fundie nutters their parents are.

Parents and kids now days are pussies.
When I was a kid parents believed the adult over the kid,now days it's "my little darling didnt do that"!!
I got pops at school? I got em again when I got home.
Not that my parents wouldnt listen to my side but they also knew that I most likely deserved an ass whipping.
After my parents divorced I had no fear of my mother or school discipline and I made a shitload of mistakes because I had no fear of consequences.
Hell,I broke the principles nose in the tenth grade..
I told him if he hit me I was going to hit him back...I leaned over the desk,he hit me,I turned around and broke his nose.
I would never even have considered this if my old man was around.

The importance of a two parent household cant be overstated.

Kids should be taught to think for themselves. They should be give age-appropriate information from all sides of a given issue. RWNJ traitors cannot and will not allow that because kids would never agree to be the same fundie nutters their parents are.

Kids dont have the capability to make decisions. That's why we don't hold them responsible for their mistakes. My RWNJ parents ruled with an iron hsnd. We were told that having our own opinions came with the ability and willingness to support ourselves. Until tben we had no opinions of our own.

You can tell them they can't spank your kids. Just remember to do that every year.

That's obscene.

Think it through.

Why should a parent have to remember to tell a school not to belt their child?

Every year?

Its a great idea. I wish I had the patience to do so. My kids enjoy school and it just takes a very involved parent like me and my wife to pay attention to what kids are learning or being taught and to correct the mistakes and or outright lies and keep them from garbage like going to a n!gger museum for some white guilt which we did a few months ago. I was home schooled for a year and played football and baseball and was in scouts. The socialization lie is pathetic as there was more activities I did OUTSIDE of school than I ever did IN school.

Odium

I'm not surprised that you had some home schooling and think its a good idea. You were brainwashed and believe others should be as well.

You ALWAYS blame blacks for your own problems. I don't know that home schooling is the cause of your failures, your ignorance and your inability to take responsibility but I do know what I saw with the hs kids I worked with.

They were ALL unable to socialize. They seemed nice enough but backward. There was one who I had to tell not to come back because he was preaching some fundie thumper shit to others there.

That does seem to be the only reason to home school - brainwash them into whatever cult their parents got sucked into.

Yeah, brainwashing the child is the job of "da gubermint" and heaven forbid that they don't toe "da gubermint" line. Hate to break it to ya, but your beloved "gubermint" wasn't able to brainwash my two kids. You see, they can actually think for themselves and they don't believe everything your beloved "gubermint" tells them if it doesn't pass their sniff test....unlike you that worships at the altar of big "gubermint". We have kids that are in college that nearly had a nervous breakdown because someone wrote "Trump 2016" with chalk on a sidewalk at a college...they wanted it reported as a friggin hate crime......these idiots are not going to fare well in the real world...God help us.

Last edited:

Kids dont have the capability to make decisions. That's why we don't hold them responsible for their mistakes. My RWNJ parents ruled with an iron hsnd. We were told that having our own opinions came with the ability and willingness to support ourselves. Until tben we had no opinions of our own.

I agree with the first part of what you said. Kids are not able to make adult decisions.

But, I disagree with kids not having their own opinions. That's how they learn. You're the quintessential, ignorant, angry old fart, screaming at kids to get off your lawn. And you've said some things about your own personal life that turned my stomach.

You never did learn to think for yourself.

Forum List

Back