Is homosexuality a choice or not

I’m going to avoid getting into any of the sub-discussions of the thread right now (I’m on my phone rather than my pc), but if you go to the actual study cited in the article in the OP, it does indicate a genetic component to same-sex orientation. From the conclusion:
Same-sex sexual behavior is influenced by not one or a few genes but many.

Not a single ‘gay gene’, but multiple genes influencing sexual behavior. While it may not be ‘born that way’, it does seem to say that homosexuality may be at least partially based on a person’s genetics.

I tend to think that sexuality is neither a binary equation nor the same from person to person. Environment can also play a role. But I doubt all that many people make a conscious decision about who they are going to be attracted to.

Genitals aren't evidence of any particular sexuality. Homosexual men still have male genitals. Nature doesn't want anything. Nature isn't a being and thus doesn't have the mechanisms necessary of producing the chemical response of desire. There is no procreation in oral sex either and plenty of heterosexual couples still feel a strong biological urge to engage in it.

Immature humans can also be influenced by thousand year old fantasy books over objective facts. The lack of a gay gene does not prove that homosexuality is a choice. Physical attraction is an involuntary chemical response.
Nope A Gay 30 year old wanting a Fat Balding ( but hairy ) 46 year old dood to give him head rather than let the Actress who plays Barbie in the Barbie Movie suck him off is a Choice

Maybe you're confused about what normal means in this context. It means mathematical average. What you're basically saying is that mathematically you're more likely to be born straight rather than gay. You're not saying that homosexuality is unnatural which is what you were really trying to say. Try to be less of an obvious Bingo. 😄
They are terrified that they might have been born gay so they try to tamp down that fear by pretending it's a choice.

Genitals aren't evidence of any particular sexuality. Homosexual men still have male genitals. Nature doesn't want anything. Nature isn't a being and thus doesn't have the mechanisms necessary of producing the chemical response of desire. There is no procreation in oral sex either and plenty of heterosexual couples still feel a strong biological urge to engage in it.

Immature humans can also be influenced by thousand year old fantasy books over objective facts. The lack of a gay gene does not prove that homosexuality is a choice. Physical attraction is an involuntary chemical response.
Nonsense. Look at birth records....You will not find 'homosexual' listed as the baby's sex. That homosexual men have male genitals is only proof that they have gender dysphoria that, for the health of the person so afflicted, should to be corrected to the proper gender (the gender aligned with their genitals). Oral sex between heterosexual couples is normal, oral sex between homosexuals is not normal because any genital stimulation between heteros could result in a new human being. Genital stimulation between homos will never result in a new human being. 'Nature' is observed interactions and, millions of years of evolution proves heteros are obviously favored. Genetically homosexuality is a dead end. Yet, people have and make choices and I am not here to denigrate anyone choosing to be homosexual but it's not and never going to be aligned with nature or normalcy and should not be pitched in any way to young children.

Nonsense. Look at birth records....You will not find 'homosexual' listed as the baby's sex. That homosexual men have male genitals is only proof that they have gender dysphoria that needs to be corrected to the proper gender (the gender aligned with their genitals). Oral sex between heterosexual couples is normal, oral sex between homosexuals is not normal because any genital stimulation between heteros could result in a new human being. Genital stimulation between homos will never result in a new human being. 'Nature' is observed interactions and, millions of years of evolution proves heteros are obviously favored. Genetically homosexuality is a dead end. Yet, people have and make choices and I am not here to denigrate anyone choosing to be homosexual but it's not and never going to be aligned with nature or normalcy and should not be pitched in any way to young children.
Con-fused? Gender and orientation are two different things.

For most it is not. I have close friends and family who are gay and who have talked about it quite frankly with me. For them it was not a choice.
What did they say was the reason they went gay?

Forum List

Back