🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is Homosexuality a Mental Disorder ?

The American Psychiatric Association declassified homosexuality as a mental disorder in 1973 only after years of political pressure from gay activists. The American Psychiatric association board of trustees passed this decision followed by a statement which listed among the reasons for their decision as changing social norms and growing gay rights activism . So basically, a scientific institution was coerced into changing a scientific opinion or classification due to political pressure !

Removing homosexuality from the list of mental illnesses was not triggered by some scientific breakthrough. There was no new fact or set of facts that stimulated this major change. Rather, it was the simple reality that gay people started to kick up a fuss.

In subsequent years the APA has become so politicized , that it has lost any credibility as a Scientific organization and in the words of one former APA President it is totally "Beholden to the Gay Rights Movement"

Myself and many others , who for fear of reprisals remain silent believe that Homosexuality is and always has been a Mental Disorder and Homosexuals should not be deterred from seeking Psychological / Psychiatric Help.

Any psychologist who believes that homosexuality is a psychological disorder proves that psychology is pretty much a farce.

who actually chooses to become a homosexual? They were born that way. Has nothing to do with mental illness. Not a shrink and not a doc, but that is what i believe. Who would want the shunning, the ridicule, the hate by choice? Nobody.

sexual perversion is a choice like all sin is!!!

Go off and masturbate somewhere, you tard.

When repulsion drives political decisions, tyranny follows.
The tyranny is coming from your camp.
Aren't you a self-proclaimed member of a hate group?

Remind me again -- what did your avatar used to be?
It used to be what it is now and you made the same stupid or dishonest mistake. Considering homosexuality abnormal isn't hate no matter how badly you want it to be. It makes you the hater. Haters insult, slander, attempt intimidation and propagandize.

You are what you hate.

The American Psychiatric Association declassified homosexuality as a mental disorder in 1973 only after years of political pressure from gay activists. The American Psychiatric association board of trustees passed this decision followed by a statement which listed among the reasons for their decision as changing social norms and growing gay rights activism . So basically, a scientific institution was coerced into changing a scientific opinion or classification due to political pressure !

Removing homosexuality from the list of mental illnesses was not triggered by some scientific breakthrough. There was no new fact or set of facts that stimulated this major change. Rather, it was the simple reality that gay people started to kick up a fuss.

In subsequent years the APA has become so politicized , that it has lost any credibility as a Scientific organization and in the words of one former APA President it is totally "Beholden to the Gay Rights Movement"

Myself and many others , who for fear of reprisals remain silent believe that Homosexuality is and always has been a Mental Disorder and Homosexuals should not be deterred from seeking Psychological / Psychiatric Help.

Any psychologist who believes that homosexuality is a psychological disorder proves that psychology is pretty much a farce.

Yes - Psychology as defined by the APA is little more than a farce.

Yes!! Sexual perverts want to say their sin is not sin,just another lifestyle,sorry perverts that lie won't fly. Confess your sin and repent, don't compound your sins by trying to deny the truth of god's word!!!

The tyranny is coming from your camp.

It used to be what it is now and you made the same stupid or dishonest mistake. Considering homosexuality abnormal isn't hate no matter how badly you want it to be. It makes you the hater. Haters insult, slander, attempt intimidation and propagandize.

You are what you hate.

Indeed. :D

Yes!! Sexual perverts want to say their sin is not sin,just another lifestyle,sorry perverts that lie won't fly. Confess your sin and repent, don't compound your sins by trying to deny the truth of god's word!!!

God does not hate. To hate in the name of God is blasphemy.

Enjoy your stay in hell.

THE JUDGMENT OF GOD IN IN====BOTTOMLINE=COUNT THE COST OF LIVING IN THE SICK SEXUAL PERVERSION=HOMOSEXUALITY!!!== Those who live immoral lives, who are idol worshipers, adulterers or homosexuals—will have no share in GOD'S Kingdom. 1 CORINTHIANS 6:9

Do you hold the same for those who gamble? use prostitutes? Drink alcohol? Use drugs?

Look, you're not sane, I get it. But vice has no victim. It is none of your business how someone else gets their jollies. Two men rutting in the dirt might make you have funny feelings, but it neither picks your pocket nor breaks your leg, thus it is none of your concern.

We are all free to do as we please, as long as what we do does not infringe upon others.

Bottomline=== GOD HAS THE FINAL WORD NOT little man!!!!===Don’t you know that those doing such things have no share in the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who live immoral lives, who are idol worshipers, adulterers or homosexuals—will have no share in his Kingdom. 1 corinthians 6:9

When god states those words from his own mouth, then I will listen. But a little man like you claiming to speak the mind of god is no concern of mine.

Bottomline=== GOD HAS THE FINAL WORD NOT little man!!!!===Don’t you know that those doing such things have no share in the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who live immoral lives, who are idol worshipers, adulterers or homosexuals—will have no share in his Kingdom. 1 corinthians 6:9

When god states those words from his own mouth, then I will listen. But a little man like you claiming to speak the mind of god is no concern of mine.

GOD'S WORD ON SICK SEXUAL PERVERSION=OR WILL YOU COMPOUND YOUR SIN BY TRYING TO DENY GOD'S WORD ""IS"" GOD'S WORD??===God let go of them and let them do all these evil things, so that even their women turned against God’s natural plan for them and indulged in sex sin with each other. 27 And the men, instead of having normal sex relationships with women, burned with lust for each other, men doing shameful things with other men and, as a result, getting paid within their own souls with the penalty they so richly deserved. ROMANS 1:26-28

You are what you hate.

Indeed. :D

So then, you're George W. Bush, shortbus? :doubt: :cuckoo::cuckoo:

Medical sciences evolve. At one time, leeching and bloodletting were considered good treatments for a whole raft of ailments. Psychology is no different.

As our understanding of medical and psychological conditions improves, so does our diagnoses.

That's why pedophilia is no longer a mental illness but is now classified as a sexual orientation.

I would ask, "Is homophobia a mental disorder?", but I already know the answer. But, cheer up. Phobias of all kinds can be treated.

"Homophobia" is a derogatory term coined to slander opponents of a particular political agenda.

The word has no more meaning than "****" or "beaner." It is a word tossed about by bigots in an effort to silence opposition voices.

I would ask, "Is homophobia a mental disorder?", but I already know the answer. But, cheer up. Phobias of all kinds can be treated.

"Homophobia" is a derogatory term coined to slander opponents of a particular political agenda.

The word has no more meaning than "****" or "beaner." It is a word tossed about by bigots in an effort to silence opposition voices.

I'm going to have to go look it up, but I'm almost certain that the term homophobia was used (minted) as a defense in a pretty high profile murder case, the one murdered was a gay man.

Forum List

Back