Is ISIS training to fly war planes?

Having jets and being able to fly them effectively are two very different things. Reminds me of an old 80s comedy where rich African tribes bought top of the line American fighters for their tribal conflict. Not being able to fly them of course they rolled them into each other down a hill. :)

But they are being trained by former Iraqi pilots. That is a game changes. I am becoming more and more convinced that we need to be more aggressive with these people. Turkey is a huge disappointment. Sitting there on their border with tanks and letting ISIS massacre the Kurd population. Do they think that ISIS, if given the opportunity, would not invade their country?

Having jets and being able to fly them effectively are two very different things. Reminds me of an old 80s comedy where rich African tribes bought top of the line American fighters for their tribal conflict. Not being able to fly them of course they rolled them into each other down a hill. :)

But they are being trained by former Iraqi pilots. That is a game changes. I am becoming more and more convinced that we need to be more aggressive with these people. Turkey is a huge disappointment. Sitting there on their border with tanks and letting ISIS massacre the Kurd population. Do they think that ISIS, if given the opportunity, would not invade their country?

If ISIS was capable yes they would love nothing better than to invade Turkey, the Turks despise the Kurds and are glad to watch them be slaughtered, also the Turks want us to commit to regime change in Syria before they will help Militarily.

If ISIS was capable yes they would love nothing better than to invade Turkey, the Turks despise the Kurds and are glad to watch them be slaughtered, also the Turks want us to commit to regime change in Syria before they will help Militarily.

Just heard on CNN that the air strikes in Kaboni are turning the tide and that the Kurds now say they hold 80% of the City. Turkey may be sorry later that they sat on the sidelines. Kurdish fighters have proven to be very effective and seem to be the ground forces that we need.

(sarcastically holds two thumbs up)

Ya, when I think Top Gun or Red Flag I first think 'Iraqi Air Force' :)

Can't take off anywhere in the world without NORAD seeing it. Long before hostile aircraft got out of local airspace they'd be tracked, and 50 different ways of killing them gamed out.

Just heard on CNN that the air strikes in Kaboni are turning the tide and that the Kurds now say they hold 80% of the City. Turkey may be sorry later that they sat on the sidelines. Kurdish fighters have proven to be very effective and seem to be the ground forces that we need.

The Kurds are doing all the heavy lifting for us on the ground, if it weren't for them I have no clue who would be stopping ISIS.

The Kurds are doing all the heavy lifting for us on the ground, if it weren't for them I have no clue who would be stopping ISIS.

Agreed...that is why I said that I think Turkey is making a huge mistake to sit on the sidelines. The US will remember who did all the work against ISIS.

Agreed...that is why I said that I think Turkey is making a huge mistake to sit on the sidelines. The US will remember who did all the work against ISIS.

Exactly, the Turks are being idle because they despise the Kurds and don't want to see them become even more of a force, the Kurds are asserting themselves in Syria and Iraq and the Turks do not like that.

No one in the ME wants to see the terrorist Kurds set up their own independent state.

The Kurds are close friends and trading partners with Israel.

So the fear of Israeli expansion next to the Turkish and Iranian border's is seen as a dire threat by both countries. ...... :cool:

This is what happens when you come into the country to overthrow the existing political regime and don't keep the cultural aspect into consideration.
I bet those Iraqi pilots were Sunni officers repressed after the fall of Saddam. No wonder they finally joined the ISIS.
And btw, it's not that hard to buy a fighter at the black market.

If the story is confirmed by US military the jets and facility will get a visit from a few cruise missiles and that will be the end of it.

Kurds are an ethic persian people.....hard to believe Iran won't help them but then again, Iran is all talk, no walk. And there are a LOT of Kurds.....somewhere around 22M of them scattered throughout the ME countries. In that way they are a lot like the wandering Jews before the state of Israel came to be.

What would be hilarious is for some raghead idiot flying one of those old Migs taking on an F-16 or F-18. How long has it been since one of Saddam's pilots flew a fast mover? I doubt the US pilot would have to fire on the Mig....just fly over him, take the air off his wings, and watch him death-spiral and bounce into the dunes.....SPLAT! :bye1:

Last edited:
No one in the ME wants to see the terrorist Kurds set up their own independent state.

So the fear of Israeli expansion next to the Turkish and Iranian border's is seen as a dire threat by both countries. ...... :cool:

And this is a bad thing....why? The Kurds are the only ones with a real set, it appears to me.

Your insane hatred for Israel colors every post you make. Sad.:oops:

You have to remember he believes as his faith, Islam does. He also hopes one day the US will be converted.

Your insane hatred for Israel colors every post you make. Sad.:oops:

Forum List

Back