🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is it time for a woman President?

You gotta love Thomas Sowell. I agree 100%

With many people now acting as if it is time for "a woman" to become president, apparently they have learned absolutely nothing from the disastrous results of the irresponsible self-indulgence of choosing a President of the United States on the basis of demographic characteristics, instead of individual qualifications.

It would not matter to me if the next five presidents in a row were all women, if these happened to be the best individuals available at the time. But to say that we should now elect "a woman" president in 2016 is to say that we are willfully blind to the dangers of putting life and death decisions in the hands of someone chosen for symbolic reasons.
I would say it's time to elect a gay president but we already did that. He just doesn't have the stones to come out.

You gotta love Thomas Sowell. I agree 100%

With many people now acting as if it is time for "a woman" to become president, apparently they have learned absolutely nothing from the disastrous results of the irresponsible self-indulgence of choosing a President of the United States on the basis of demographic characteristics, instead of individual qualifications.

It would not matter to me if the next five presidents in a row were all women, if these happened to be the best individuals available at the time. But to say that we should now elect "a woman" president in 2016 is to say that we are willfully blind to the dangers of putting life and death decisions in the hands of someone chosen for symbolic reasons.
I would say it's time to elect a gay president but we already did that. He just doesn't have the stones to come out.

James Buchanan?

geezus what is this fascination with Rice, a lesbian with no experience in elected office?
Possibly a lesbian....
Rice holds a PhD in Political Science, has 30+ years of foreign policy experience, has served as National Security Advisor and Secretary of State and is the only candidate who has been mentioned that actually has a ship named for her.

ricetanker.jpg
None of which qualifies her to run for president, which is a very different job from SecState.

I dont get it. We conservatives complain about the double standards libs have with regard to race and then we turn around and do the same thing. If Rice were a white male would anyone mention her for president? No. So it is racist/sexist to think that just because she is a black female that suddenly qualifies her. Wake up.

geezus what is this fascination with Rice, a lesbian with no experience in elected office?
Possibly a lesbian....
Rice holds a PhD in Political Science, has 30+ years of foreign policy experience, has served as National Security Advisor and Secretary of State and is the only candidate who has been mentioned that actually has a ship named for her.

ricetanker.jpg
None of which qualifies her to run for president, which is a very different job from SecState.

I dont get it. We conservatives complain about the double standards libs have with regard to race and then we turn around and do the same thing. If Rice were a white male would anyone mention her for president? No. So it is racist/sexist to think that just because she is a black female that suddenly qualifies her. Wake up.
Rice became an assistant National Security advisor on her expertise on the Soviet Union Had been involved in foreign relations long before she was ever known beyond the back rooms of DC and Stanford.

She is/was not some first term Senator who had won his race by dragging up sealed divorce records.
She is/was better qualified to be POTUS than Carter, obama and Bush (W). Her skin color, while perhaps is a factor, is much less important to me than her qualifications

But she has plenty of executive experience. Provost of Stanford and SoS.

Getting elected isn't necessarily the right experience to be President. Compare Obama to Ike.
Provost is not really executive experience. Ike was in charge of the entire war effort in Europe. That was infinitely more men, materiel, and layers of management than a university.

Because most of us figured out at least twenty years ago that the gender of a person is irrelevant as to whether they can do a job.
Yet the DNC falls all over a woman who's qualifications were all earned because she is a woman that happened to be the wife of an ex POTUS.
Compare hillary's qualifications before her Senate run to Ms. Rice's.

Even now, I hold that Condi is imminently more qualified than Ms. clinton.

Possibly a lesbian....

ricetanker.jpg

Rice became an assistant National Security advisor on her expertise on the Soviet Union Had been involved in foreign relations long before she was ever known beyond the back rooms of DC and Stanford.

She is/was not some first term Senator who had won his race by dragging up sealed divorce records.
She is/was better qualified to be POTUS than Carter, obama and Bush (W). Her skin color, while perhaps is a factor, is much less important to me than her qualifications
I wouldnt vote for Henry Kissinger for president either, despite being a genius at foreign affairs (never mind Kissinger is ineligible). Being president means campaigning, leading, inspiring, arm twisting, back slapping and the like. arguably LBJ was the best president we've ever had, just strictly in terms of getting his agenda enacted. Because he had incredible experience in the House doing all thsoe things.
Having someone with the right views doesnt guarantee those views will become law.

Because most of us figured out at least twenty years ago that the gender of a person is irrelevant as to whether they can do a job.

Bump.

I'm not so much in favor of a female president as I am having 5 quality candidates from each Party (in reality, I'd rather have 5 political parties with qualified candidates representing each one--but lets be realistic here) as I am having several debates and listening to what each has to say. If a woman is the best person in my viewpoint, she will get my vote. If not, he will get my vote.

This coronation of HRC as the foregone conclusion defacto nominee is not helpful to the Democrats and it's certainly more important that it's not helpful to America. You should have to earn the nomination; it shouldn't be given to you by default.

Who is?

Sowell is a good communicator and an economic genius. He could bring a competent team together.

Sowell/Rice would be a good team.

Who is?

Sowell is a good communicator and an economic genius. He could bring a competent team together.

Sowell/Rice would be a good team.
For teh Dems.
I remember people telling us how Alan Keyes was wonderful. And then he proved he couldnt win dogcatcher.

It's time for a competent president.
Can I give you more than one like?
You're a liberal now? :scared1:

Thomas Sowell is anawesome man. Liberals would benefit a great deal it they could past their prejudges and read his work.
Again, I love Thomas Sowell. He is a genius. But he is in no way qualified to be president.
Qualified? Does that matter any more?

I dont think he wants the job. He doesn't seem to need or crave anyones approval. And I just don't see him wasting time on a bunch of fools which is just what he would have to do to run.

Possibly a lesbian....

ricetanker.jpg

Why is it different? It's an executive job involving policy issues.

Emphasis on "executive."

But she has plenty of executive experience. Provost of Stanford and SoS.

Getting elected isn't necessarily the right experience to be President. Compare Obama to Ike.
Provost is not really executive experience. Ike was in charge of the entire war effort in Europe. That was infinitely more men, materiel, and layers of management than a university.

Sure. And being a first term Senator, part time professor, and state legislator involved absolutely no executive or managerial experience. Hell, it wasn't even first line supervisor.

And it sure shows.

Forum List

Back