🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is it time for a woman President?

in 2016 all us racist will become sexist

I hope you are prepared b/c the next Pres will be a woman, no matter her qualifications.
Then we need the first crippled president. The first openly gay president. The first transgender president. THe first Muslim president. The first...
The politics of personal identity is destroying this country.

Proof that the gvmt has been infiltrated and subverted by "special" interest groups all fighting for power...

This country is finished...the experiment as a "republic" is almost over...it will go the way of every form of gvmt in world history. Collapse, partitioning and reconstruction.

[

.....equivocate, rationalize and try to justify your flawed position... the point is that blacks voted for those white candidates at that time because there were no "black" candidates opposing them and offered no way to display their "racial solidarity"..

No, they are doing exactly what democracy SHOULD be.

Republicans offer more prison, more poverty, less protections, less opportunity.

Democrats offer more benefits, more protections, more opportunity.

This is not complicated.

If anyone votes against their own best interests, it's working class white people who vote Republican because they hate the gays and abortions. And then they wonder why their nice factory job got sent to China.
Do you believe it is government's job to provide blacks more benefits? Outside of that, you have our roles backwards.

I think we all vote for the party we think will benefit us the most.

I also think that the people who whine about the "coloreds" getting welfare and food stamps think they are perfectly entitled to Unemployment Compensation, Social Security and Medicaid.

[

Which wasn't the point. The point was, Blacks already vote for Democrats north of 90%. Probably because the GOP has done nothing but piss them off in the last 40 years. But the candidate happened to be black this time, and gosh, they are voting their skin color.
Even though he was the least qualified candidate and still is.

Only two "qualifications" were being born in this country and being at least 35. That's all the constitution requires.

But by that logic, Al Gore was more qualified than Bush.

Joe Biden was more qualified than Sarah Palin.

Qualification is something you guys drag out when it suits you.

I also think that the people who whine about the "coloreds" getting welfare and food stamps think they are perfectly entitled to Unemployment Compensation, Social Security and Medicaid.

That's nice...but as usual you don't have any idea what you're talking about..

I pay into social security, unemployment and medicaid.

That's MY MONEY they'll be "giving" me back...
I'd be fine with a total rebate on all funds I've paid into the gvmt...Let me handle my own retirement and healthcare, thanks...but no.....the gvmt needs the "revenue" (essentially interest free loans that they SEIZE from my paycheck)

...and as a white taxpayer we are the ones who predominantly fund all these schemes and scams for minorities in the first place.

If the women of America decide it is time, the men of America will have to accept it or go to bed with no hope, kind of like American Lysistrata.

I'd be fine with a total rebate on all funds I've paid into the gvmt...Let me handle my own retirement and healthcare, thanks...but no.....the gvmt needs the "revenue" (essentially interest free loans that they SEIZE from my paycheck)

...and as a white taxpayer we are the ones who predominantly fund all these schemes and scams for minorities in the first place.

Okay, except the thing is, if you retire, you are getting more back out of Social Security than you paid in if you live to be 72.

With unemployment, if you are unemployed for more than 10 weeks, you get more out of it that you paid in.

With MediCare (I should have said Medicare, not medicaid), the reason why it is in trouble is because the old folks who visit their doctors because because their children won't stop by and see them.

And somehow, I don't think you are going to agree to starve because your 401K took a nose dive the year before you retired.

Okay, except the thing is, if you retire, you are getting more back out of Social Security than you paid in if you live to be 72.

But if you die at age 60...before you retire, where does the money you paid in for 42 years go?

With unemployment, if you are unemployed for more than 10 weeks, you get more out of it that you paid in.

Absolute BS

If I pay into the system for 40 years (or 30 or 20 or 10 or even 5) and I collect 10 weeks of unemployment that is nowhere near equal...again..you have the slogans and party positions down and you have the "outrage" part mastered..but you just don't know what you're talking about......

With MediCare (I should have said Medicare, not medicaid), the reason why it is in trouble is because the old folks who visit their doctors because because their children won't stop by and see them.

Say what?..trying to garble things up and muddy the water doesn't make you look well informed...

And somehow, I don't think you are going to agree to starve because your 401K took a nose dive the year before you retired.

We aren't talking about 401k or nosedives or starving, though..you (clumsily) try to introduce red herrings into the conversation as a distraction....

How old are you, anyway?

I'm 52, and obviously a lot clearer than you are.

Old enough to realize the "Free Market", Capitalism will provide shit is exactly that, shit.
Im exactly your age (Feb 1962) and I know that the free market will do a far far better job of providing things to people than the government ever can.
Then again I got off my ass and did something.

You gotta love Thomas Sowell. I agree 100%

With many people now acting as if it is time for "a woman" to become president, apparently they have learned absolutely nothing from the disastrous results of the irresponsible self-indulgence of choosing a President of the United States on the basis of demographic characteristics, instead of individual qualifications.

It would not matter to me if the next five presidents in a row were all women, if these happened to be the best individuals available at the time. But to say that we should now elect "a woman" president in 2016 is to say that we are willfully blind to the dangers of putting life and death decisions in the hands of someone chosen for symbolic reasons.
I think we have one now.

Hillary's got bigger stones than Obama. If we want a woman in the WH let's pick one that looks and acts like one. Not one that has a husband who has to look elsewhere for female companionship.

[

.....equivocate, rationalize and try to justify your flawed position... the point is that blacks voted for those white candidates at that time because there were no "black" candidates opposing them and offered no way to display their "racial solidarity"..

No, they are doing exactly what democracy SHOULD be.

Republicans offer more prison, more poverty, less protections, less opportunity.

Democrats offer more benefits, more protections, more opportunity.

This is not complicated.

If anyone votes against their own best interests, it's working class white people who vote Republican because they hate the gays and abortions. And then they wonder why their nice factory job got sent to China.
Do you believe it is government's job to provide blacks more benefits? Outside of that, you have our roles backwards.

I think we all vote for the party we think will benefit us the most.

Do you even know why people feel "entitled" to things they have paid for all their working lives?

I seriously doubt that you can even grasp the concept.

Over my career, I paid roughly 1/4 million to Social Security. My employers matched that. I figure that if I live to 90, I'll get that all back.
Had that money been put in an account bearing 5%, I could draw the same amount each month til I reached 140.

I've been on Medicare for a while now, Joe. I assure you, I don't visit my doctor because I'm lonely.

What if we were to ask....Is it time for a Republican President?

And voted accordingly

Over my career, I paid roughly 1/4 million to Social Security. My employers matched that. I figure that if I live to 90, I'll get that all back.
Had that money been put in an account bearing 5%, I could draw the same amount each month til I reached 140.

I've been on Medicare for a while now, Joe. I assure you, I don't visit my doctor because I'm lonely.

I'm retired but not yet eligible for Medicare. However, the idea that ANYONE would go to a doctor because they were lonely just hasn't had to visit many doctors.

Forum List

Back