🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is it time for a woman President?

"With many people now acting as if it is time for "a woman" to become president,"

Again, who are these many people? They don't exist, correct? His rant is just one big strawman.

Yeah, he's a genius alright. If you're a con and easily led.

It's time for a competent president.
Can I give you more than one like?
You're a liberal now? :scared1:

Thomas Sowell is anawesome man. Liberals would benefit a great deal it they could past their prejudges and read his work.
Again, I love Thomas Sowell. He is a genius. But he is in no way qualified to be president.
Qualified? Does that matter any more?

I dont think he wants the job. He doesn't seem to need or crave anyones approval. And I just don't see him wasting time on a bunch of fools which is just what he would have to do to run.
Sowell is over 70 years old. He has no ambitiont o be president. He's too smart.

geezus what is this fascination with Rice, a lesbian with no experience in elected office?

But she has plenty of executive experience. Provost of Stanford and SoS.

Getting elected isn't necessarily the right experience to be President. Compare Obama to Ike.
Provost is not really executive experience. Ike was in charge of the entire war effort in Europe. That was infinitely more men, materiel, and layers of management than a university.

Sure. And being a first term Senator, part time professor, and state legislator involved absolutely no executive or managerial experience. Hell, it wasn't even first line supervisor.

And it sure shows.
You want to compare Rice to Obama it's no contest. Obama is the worst least qualified president in history. But let's go for something better than merely "not fucked up".

geezus what is this fascination with Rice, a lesbian with no experience in elected office?

Getting elected isn't necessarily the right experience to be President. Compare Obama to Ike.
Provost is not really executive experience. Ike was in charge of the entire war effort in Europe. That was infinitely more men, materiel, and layers of management than a university.

Sure. And being a first term Senator, part time professor, and state legislator involved absolutely no executive or managerial experience. Hell, it wasn't even first line supervisor.

And it sure shows.
You want to compare Rice to Obama it's no contest. Obama is the worst least qualified president in history. But let's go for something better than merely "not fucked up".

Well, Hillary would not be the way to go.

She has had executive positions, true, but been a failure in every one.

And it sure shows.

Hillary would suck as president for a variety of reasons. But at least she has some kind of relevant experience.

You gotta love Thomas Sowell. I agree 100%

With many people now acting as if it is time for "a woman" to become president, apparently they have learned absolutely nothing from the disastrous results of the irresponsible self-indulgence of choosing a President of the United States on the basis of demographic characteristics, instead of individual qualifications.

It would not matter to me if the next five presidents in a row were all women, if these happened to be the best individuals available at the time. But to say that we should now elect "a woman" president in 2016 is to say that we are willfully blind to the dangers of putting life and death decisions in the hands of someone chosen for symbolic reasons.

Well said by Sowell. Love that guy.

And it sure shows.

Hillary would suck as president for a variety of reasons. But at least she has some kind of relevant experience.

Yes, she might pass the Office of Personnel Management test for "directly related specialized experience.'

Of course, that doesn't mean she was successful at it.

"With many people now acting as if it is time for "a woman" to become president,"

Again, who are these many people? They don't exist, correct? His rant is just one big strawman.

It's pretty clear that a woman could not screw up any worse than her opposite sex predacessors in some cases.

Voting for a person because of their gender or their race or voting against someone because of gender or race is silly. Glad I didn't waste my time reading the Orwell piece.

Vote for who shares your values because fiscally, neither side is engaged enough to do what is necessary or politically powerful enough to make it happen regardless of their best intentions.

Bump

It's pretty clear that a woman could not screw up any worse than her opposite sex predacessors in some cases.

Voting for a person because of their gender or their race or voting against someone because of gender or race is silly. Glad I didn't waste my time reading the Orwell piece.

Vote for who shares your values because fiscally, neither side is engaged enough to do what is necessary or politically powerful enough to make it happen regardless of their best intentions.
Wow. A well thought out post well put.
What have you done Candy?

Hands down, Hillary Clinton would make a fabulous president of the United States. And now, with the publication of her new book, ‘Hard Choices’, she’s given us several more reasons to want her as our country’s next leader. Here are three reasons why we think she’d be great!

1. Hillary Rodham Clinton Would Be A Fabulous President BECAUSE She’s A Woman
You know that phrase, “When you’re #2, you always try harder?” Well, sadly, it’s still true that women are the second sex in this country. Women make up more of the overall population than men — 161 million versus 156.1 million — and received 25 percent more of the college degrees than men in 2009, yet we still earn just 77 cents for every dollar that a man makes. Plus, only 4.2 percent of the Fortune 500 CEOs are women.
There is a mandate for women’s leadership in this country – women are the progressive standard bearers of the Democratic party and every year we add to their ranks. But we have yet to break through the final glass ceiling and put a woman at the top of the Democratic ticket and into the Presidency.

So in 2013, EMILY’s List launched "Madam President" - our campaign to put a woman in the White House.

Electing a woman president in 2016 isn’t just important for the present. It’s important for the future. It’s important because right now, women are considerably less likely to even consider running for office. A woman in the Oval Office would prove there is literally no position too high, or too important, or too powerful for young girls and women to compete for.
Why has the U.S. never elected a female president? In her new book, Notes from the Cracked Ceiling: Hillary Clinton, Sarah Palin, and What It Will Take for a Woman to Win, Anne Kornblut, a Washington Post correspondent to the White House, examines this question.

Here we talk with Kornblut about what it will take for a woman to break "the glass ceiling."

If you were to design the most "electable" female presidential candidate, what would she look like?

I’ve played this game with myself for a long time. She is completely impossible. She would have served in the military and stayed home and raised her children full-time. She’d be married to someone with money, and she’d have some business experience. There’s just no way she could exist. There are too many demands on this candidate.

But joking aside – she’d be authentic, which would need to be true of a male or female presidential candidate. She’d cross the credential threshold – she’d have demonstrated that she’s qualified, and she’d be a communicator. Those are the areas where women have sometimes struggled.

Shall I go on?

in 2016 all us racist will become sexist

I hope you are prepared b/c the next Pres will be a woman, no matter her qualifications.
Then we need the first crippled president. The first openly gay president. The first transgender president. THe first Muslim president. The first...
The politics of personal identity is destroying this country.

I hope you are prepared b/c the next Pres will be a woman, no matter her qualifications.
Then we need the first crippled president. The first openly gay president. The first transgender president. THe first Muslim president. The first...
anyone that the leftist can play up as a victim, will be next.

Clinton may we be the last white or male we see in the WH for a very long time

anyone that the leftist can play up as a victim, will be next.

Clinton may we be the last white or male we see in the WH for a very long time

Which leftist is that?

again, Bush was our first Retarded President, and he did more damage than any of those folks did.

Since you guys are going to put up yet another Bush (because the first two turned out so well) you are probably hoping Americans have short memories or they really are sexist.

C
Only retards think that the president was elected because he is black.
95% of blacks voted for Obama. No other demographic comes close, other than liberal journalists.

What percentage of "blacks"........black American voters.......voted for Carter and Clinton?
We are are talking blacks of voting age voting for him. They climbed out of trees to vote for Obama, many for the first time. (We've got video.) Liberal whites were ready to vote for Hillary until this "articulate, handsome black guy" announced he will run. With no qualifications, he was nominated.

OK....I know you are a crazy person and probably can't respond with coherence......but let me try.

Why is it that liberal whites decided that Obama was a better choice in that primary? List the top three reasons as you see them.

Thanks.
I already said: 1. Handsome. 2. Articulate. 3. Black.

[

.....equivocate, rationalize and try to justify your flawed position... the point is that blacks voted for those white candidates at that time because there were no "black" candidates opposing them and offered no way to display their "racial solidarity"..

No, they are doing exactly what democracy SHOULD be.

Republicans offer more prison, more poverty, less protections, less opportunity.

Democrats offer more benefits, more protections, more opportunity.

This is not complicated.

If anyone votes against their own best interests, it's working class white people who vote Republican because they hate the gays and abortions. And then they wonder why their nice factory job got sent to China.
Do you believe it is government's job to provide blacks more benefits? Outside of that, you have our roles backwards.

C
Only retards think that the president was elected because he is black.
95% of blacks voted for Obama. No other demographic comes close, other than liberal journalists.

90% of blacks voted for Gore.
88% of blacks vote for Kerry

.....because there was no "black" candidate opposing them...

Which wasn't the point. The point was, Blacks already vote for Democrats north of 90%. Probably because the GOP has done nothing but piss them off in the last 40 years. But the candidate happened to be black this time, and gosh, they are voting their skin color.
Even though he was the least qualified candidate and still is.

Forum List

Back