🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is it time for a woman President?

You gotta love Thomas Sowell. I agree 100%

This isn't summer camp where everyone gets a turn. We need to start electing talent into federal offices, not who's most charismatic or popular.

Hillary Clinton would be a disatrous President. Not because she's a woman but because she's a fool. Only reason she stayed with her husband after Monica Lewinsky was she knew she wanted to run for President one day and would never have a shot if she divorced him.

We need another George Bush senior. Some intelligence head or command officer who understands the defense side of things. Next 30 years are going to be all about defense as Iran and other actors get nuclear weapons or other WMD. We can't afford more Obamas or idiot sons with daddy issues. We need commanders and people with knowledge and understand of defense issues.

What if we were to ask....Is it time for a Republican President?

And voted accordingly
After the current fiasco? If people were honest to themselves, we would have a slaughter akin to Nixon/McGovern.
So its acceptable to say it is time for Republican leadership but not to say it is time for female leadership?
Yes, electing someone based on gender is morally repugnant. This is why we have a civil rights law to stop people from hiring people based on gender.

And voted accordingly
After the current fiasco? If people were honest to themselves, we would have a slaughter akin to Nixon/McGovern.
So its acceptable to say it is time for Republican leadership but not to say it is time for female leadership?
Acceptable for a Republican to be President? Certainly, even imperative in my opinion.
A Democrat? I suppose that would be important to you because you more than likely would support the Democrat platform, but electing a woman simply because you feel it's time a woman sat at the big desk is as unacceptable as saying a woman should never be President.

For those that do think it's time for a female POTUS, in a vote between Joe Biden and Condoleeza Rice, who would you vote for?

And voted accordingly
Acceptable for a Republican to be President? Certainly, even imperative in my opinion.
A Democrat? I suppose that would be important to you because you more than likely would support the Democrat platform, but electing a woman simply because you feel it's time a woman sat at the big desk is as unacceptable as saying a woman should never be President.

For those that do think it's time for a female POTUS, in a vote between Joe Biden and Condoleeza Rice, who would you vote for?
Rice, hands down.

And voted accordingly

The choice is obvious.

(For the clueless, it's the woman).

in 2016 all us racist will become sexist

I hope you are prepared b/c the next Pres will be a woman, no matter her qualifications.
Then we need the first crippled president. The first openly gay president. The first transgender president. THe first Muslim president. The first...
The politics of personal identity is destroying this country.
anyone that the leftist can play up as a victim, will be next.

Clinton may we be the last white or male we see in the WH for a very long time

Which leftist is that?
you, the media, your political leaders and everyone else that claims to be a liberal

You gotta love Thomas Sowell. I agree 100%

With many people now acting as if it is time for "a woman" to become president, apparently they have learned absolutely nothing from the disastrous results of the irresponsible self-indulgence of choosing a President of the United States on the basis of demographic characteristics, instead of individual qualifications.

It would not matter to me if the next five presidents in a row were all women, if these happened to be the best individuals available at the time. But to say that we should now elect "a woman" president in 2016 is to say that we are willfully blind to the dangers of putting life and death decisions in the hands of someone chosen for symbolic reasons.

When I read the thread title I began trying to figure out how best to say what I soon discovered the brilliant Thomas Sowell had already written and you'd already posted in your OP.

Don't care if the next 6 are women or Black or bald or fat or little people or Latino or Jewish or Native American or Gay or a Twin or combinations of the aforementioned characteristics.

I want the best qualified person for the job.

Leave the first this or that until AFTER the returns have been announced and the winner is known to all.

That's when the first this or that is an appropriate comment.

Otherwise there will be more chances that some brainiacs will vote for the wrong guy for the wrong reasons!

As a lifelong member of the He Man Woman Hater's Club I must of course say nay. NAY I SAY!!!

71055_111752902196758_1842084_n.jpg

I caught your Little Rascals allusion with the He Man Woman Haters Club mention.

Those were great episodes!

But is someone trying to say this child is one of the original Little Rascals?

It doesn't look like 'BuhWeat' or Stymie or Farina. And I never knew any characters named Pickles.

As a lifelong member of the He Man Woman Hater's Club I must of course say nay. NAY I SAY!!!

71055_111752902196758_1842084_n.jpg

I caught your Little Rascals allusion with the He Man Woman Haters Club mention.

Those were great episodes!

But is someone trying to say this child is one of the original Little Rascals?

It doesn't look like 'BuhWeat' or Stymie or Farina. And I never knew any characters named Pickles.

It's not the original BuhWeat. But it's the one that I grew up with :thup:

And voted accordingly
Republicans generally have a recognizable ideology and program.
What ideology do women have?

Rabbi Rules #2!

I'm 52, and obviously a lot clearer than you are.

Old enough to realize the "Free Market", Capitalism will provide shit is exactly that, shit.
Im exactly your age (Feb 1962) and I know that the free market will do a far far better job of providing things to people than the government ever can.
Then again I got off my ass and did something.

I've probably done more than you have.

But I realize that "I didn't build that". That everything that's gone well for me is because we've had a progressive government that looks out for it citizens.

It certainly wasn't the market looking out for me. Pretty much, I haven't worked for a single employer who hasn't tried to pull some kind of shit. The capper for me was the guys who fired me after I got injured because I ran up too many medical bills on insurance i paid for.

I'm not for abolishing capitalism, just keeping it on a very short leash with a newspaper rolled up to swat it on the snout when it pisses on the rug.

[
Over my career, I paid roughly 1/4 million to Social Security. My employers matched that. I figure that if I live to 90, I'll get that all back.
Had that money been put in an account bearing 5%, I could draw the same amount each month til I reached 140.

I've been on Medicare for a while now, Joe. I assure you, I don't visit my doctor because I'm lonely.

If your math is anything like the rest of your logic, you are probably wrong.

I'm 52, and obviously a lot clearer than you are.

Old enough to realize the "Free Market", Capitalism will provide shit is exactly that, shit.
I'm older than you, son...and your marxist doubletalk doesn't fly.

Again, why do you guys treat Marxism and Corporatism like they are the only choices on the menu?

Maybe because you can only get people to eat a steaming pile of shit if you compare it to another steaming pile of shit?

Forum List

Back