Is It Time For The Republican Party To Finally Jettison Reagan?

In this age of Trump and Trumpism, I don't see any semblance of what Reagan said and stood for.

Shouldn't the GOP officially proclaim that Ronny Reagan was basically wrong about everything?

What do they agree w/from him today? The economy? His immigration policy? What?

I say the GOP join those of us on the left and declare Reagan to be wrong on everything.

Or could I be the one that's wrong and the GOP is still the party of Reagan.

What say you?
he was pretty much right on everything....I am not sure what you are talking about

In this age of Trump and Trumpism, I don't see any semblance of what Reagan said and stood for.

Shouldn't the GOP officially proclaim that Ronny Reagan was basically wrong about everything?

I say the GOP join those of us on the left and declare Reagan to be wrong on everything.

What say you?
There are no “Reagan Republicans” anymore…..His amnesty bullshit has played out and destroyed California, AZ, NV, NM and TX. If Reagan doesn’t sign the amnesty bill Democrats can’t win all the shitholes they win today….they are irrelevant in American politics.

Apparently historians disagree with you. They rank him #9.

Yeah, and those jackasses have fdr as number 3. Their number 1 shit on the constitution more than any other president in Americas history.
I dont give 2 shits what those guys say.
Reagan started the amnesty bullshit. He supported gun bans. He had a bunch of criminals for his administration. He grew the govt. He spent like a leftist(The debt grew by almost 200 percent!). He helped save SS. Raised taxes.
"conservatives" (put in parenthesis because they dont actually exist anymore) would be calling him a RINO today with the likes of Romney.

There are no “Reagan Republicans” anymore…..His amnesty bullshit has played out and destroyed California, AZ, NV, NM and TX. If Reagan doesn’t sign the amnesty bill Democrats can’t win all the shitholes they win today….they are irrelevant in American politics.
I dont agree with you alot but I will say one thing about you. You are consistent. And that is a rarity on here :thup:

Trump and Reagan were more similar than some realize. I repeated some of these assertions during Trumps time as president ad nauseam so I will not rehash them here.

Reagan wasn't perfect, but he was definitely perfect for the time and would make the necessary hard choices today if president I'm sure.
Yeah, they are/were both federal supremacists.

Reagan would be considered an evil RINO commie in today's GQP.

Just look at him, cavorting with the evil demonic Satanic enemy!

ReaganOneill.jpg

What say you?

There is no reason why anyone in the Republican party would give any credence whatsoever to any advice from a left wrong-wing piece of shit such as yourself.

You have no wisdom at all to offer to anyone that's not one of your fellow LIbtARdS.

Last edited:

What say you?
I’m good with that, but we also need to do the same to the fraud corporatist elitist warmonger Barry Obama.

Reagan would be considered an evil RINO commie in today's GQP.

Just look at him, cavorting with the evil demonic Satanic enemy!

ReaganOneill.jpg
Let's be honest. Dems and GOP agreed on core values of the U.S when he was in power. The alt-left is FAR more powerful today and more mainstream of the Dem Party. Just as Americas enemies wanted but couldn't achieve in the 80s.

What say you?
I see the GOP relationship with Reagan as the same as the fundies' relationship with the bible. Pick and choose what to believe in.

Actually we on the right very seldom bring him up. It's you on the left that are constantly blaming him for things going on today even though during that time, your people had several opportunities to reverse anything Reagan did.
Why are you so damned dishonest? You really gonna deny that the Republican Party hasn't been calling themselves the "party of Reagan" every election cycle, until Trump?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back