Is It Time For The Republican Party To Finally Jettison Reagan?

Reagan was one of the worst presidents in history.
Nothing should be based off him.
my dad became a Republican because of Reagan. he was watching the Republican Convention on TV, and Reagan was speaking. my dad asked: "what party is this guy with?"..."Republican? then i want to be a Republican!"

You don’t care about who originates it….just the nutless bipartisan fuck who authorizes it for the sake of getting along??

I care about both, while you only care about the side that is not your beloved party. If a lot of money is spend under one of your beloved Repub presidents it is the fault of congress. If a lot of money is spent by a Dem president it is their fault.

Your entire value and system of morals is based on what party did something.

Trump and Reagan were more similar than some realize. I repeated some of these assertions during Trumps time as president ad nauseam so I will not rehash them here.

Reagan wasn't perfect, but he was definitely perfect for the time and would make the necessary hard choices today if president I'm sure.
Yes, Trump and Reagan are very similar....................in corruption.

The presidency of Ronald Reagan in the United States was marked by numerous scandals, resulting in the investigation, indictment, or conviction of over 138 administration officials, the largest number for any president in American history.

Reagan's happy Trump took the corruption king, throne from him

Reagan would be considered an evil RINO commie in today's GQP.

Just look at him, cavorting with the evil demonic Satanic enemy!

ReaganOneill.jpg
And Kennedy would be considered a Conservative today.

I care about both, while you only care about the side that is not your beloved party. If a lot of money is spend under one of your beloved Repub presidents it is the fault of congress. If a lot of money is spent by a Dem president it is their fault.

Politics poisons everything it touches, including minds.

Last edited:
saint ronnie wanted to reduce nukes

Remarks on Signing the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty​

December 8, 1987

For the first time in history, the language of ``arms control'' was replaced by ``arms reduction'' -- in this case, the complete elimination of an entire class of U.S. and Soviet nuclear missiles. Of course, this required a dramatic shift in thinking, and it took conventional wisdom some time to catch up. Reaction, to say the least, was mixed. To some the zero option was impossibly visionary and unrealistic; to others merely a propaganda ploy. Well, with patience, determination, and commitment, we've made this impossible vision a reality.
Remarks on Signing the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty

& signed onto the assault weapons ban; so there is that.

When Ronald Reagan Embraced Gun Control​

BY FRANCIS X. CLINES OCTOBER 8, 2015 10:30 AM October 8, 2015 10:30 am 43

No less important was Mr. Reagan’s endorsement in 1994 of the assault weapons ban that was a major attempt to deal with efforts by domestic arms makers to sell adapted weapons of war to civilian buyers in the name of sportsmanship.
“We can dry up the supply of these guns, making them less accessible to criminals,” Mr. Reagan declared in a joint letter to Congress with former presidents Jimmy Carter and Gerald Ford. The measure banning a wide range of military style guns and large-capacity ammunition clips narrowly passed, with supporters citing the letter.

One lawmaker who dropped his opposition, Representative Michael Andrews, a Democrat and hunter from Texas, declared, “Anyone that needs a 20-round clip of high-velocity ammunition to fell a duck or deer needs to look into taking up golf.”
When Ronald Reagan Embraced Gun Control

& funny that the same dude who proclaimed that trees cause pollution,

Ronald Reagan said, “Trees cause more pollution than automobiles do,” ignoring trees’ conversion of CO2​

September 7, 2014
Trees cause more pollution than automobiles do.

“The American Petroleum Institute filed suit against the EPA [and] charged that the agency was suppressing a scientific study for fear it might be misinterpreted… The suppressed study reveals that 80 percent of air pollution comes not from chimneys and auto exhaust pipes, but from plants and trees.

– Former Republican President Ronald Reagan in 1981 and 1979 respectively
Ronald Reagan said, “Trees cause more pollution than automobiles do,” ignoring trees’ conversion of CO2

& ketchup should be declared a vegetable to cut spending on education -

U.S. Holds The Ketchup In Schools​

By Mary Thornton and
Martin Schram
September 26, 1981
Charging that the Agriculture Department "not only has egg on its face, but ketchup, too," Budget Director David A. Stockman said yesterday he had ordered the withdrawal of proposed federal rules that would have listed ketchup and pickle relish as vegetables in school lunches.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...schools/9ffd029a-17f5-4e8c-ab91-1348a44773ee/

raised taxes several times

POLITICS

Ronald Reagan Myth Doesn't Square with Reality​

BY BRIAN MONTOPOLI
FEBRUARY 4, 2011 / 6:57 PM / CBS NEWS

Meanwhile, following that initial tax cut, Reagan actually ended up raising taxes - eleven times. That's according to former Republican Sen. Alan Simpson, a longtime Reagan friend who co-chaired President Obama's fiscal commission that last year offered a deficit reduction proposal.

"Ronald Reagan was never afraid to raise taxes," historian Douglas Brinkley, who edited Reagan's diaries, told NPR. "He knew that it was necessary at times. And so there's a false mythology out there about Reagan as this conservative president who came in and just cut taxes and trimmed federal spending in a dramatic way. It didn't happen that way. It's false."
Ronald Reagan Myth Doesn't Square with Reality

& spoke the truth about social security.

no wonder the (R) are so CONflicted.

another fact proven by the nutters who labeled all them thar FACTS as fake. hot damn, i love provin' y'all wrong!

Oh okay….because neither Mac1958 or yourself ever seems to bring up the ‘other side’ when your leftist typing fingers post…You seem to always default to talking shit about one side….almost like those partisan as fuck Party People you claim to detest…..hmmmm?

In this age of Trump and Trumpism, I don't see any semblance of what Reagan said and stood for.

Shouldn't the GOP officially proclaim that Ronny Reagan was basically wrong about everything?

What do they agree w/from him today? The economy? His immigration policy? What?

I say the GOP join those of us on the left and declare Reagan to be wrong on everything.

Or could I be the one that's wrong and the GOP is still the party of Reagan.

What say you?

Ronald Reagan was a great President. He would never be a part of the Trump Republican Party. Today he would be reviled by Trump Republicans.

More smoke grenade threads from democrats to distract from the disaster known as the Biden Presidency.

Everything Xiden, aka “poopy pants” touches turns to shit, here's a partial list:
How about showering with his daughter Ashley? How fucked-up is that?
The Brits hold him in CONTEMPT for abandoning AFG
The French pulled their ambassador for abandoning AFG
He pissed off the Canadians by killing the KeystoneXL pipeline, that’s 500,000 bbls a day he killed.
Xiden sold us out by approving the Nord Stream 2 pipeline giving Putin cash to modernize his military and invade Ukraine, and his “war on energy” keeps fuel costs high. That's why Xiden is "Putin's Whore".
Hope he enjoys the $3,500,000 the Moscow Mayor's wife sent Hunter
Hope he enjoys the $1,500,000,000 that China gave Hunter to "invest"
Open borders is a catastrophe. Trump had it SOLVED. Now its infected migrants & fentanyl sent all over
Runaway inflation would get worse if the dems pass their "BBB" bill. That will be Solyndra on steroids, not to mention the $200,000,000 for Nancy’s park in San Francisco.
Xiden is ruining the US energy sector with his stupid EOs, he wants Russia to pump more oil?? WTF?
Xiden is so dumb he can't even do fake press conferences to answer "ice cream" questions.
Xiden is a gaffe machine, his brain is defective, and he has the nuclear football, WTF???
Xiden surrendered AFG leaving Americans, $billions of equipment, and interpreters to be slaughtered
Xiden’s DOJ sent the FBI after parents (aka domestic terrorists) who dare to ask questions at school board meetings.
China just passed the US out with their new hypersonic missile.
Stupid Joe wants to pay MIGRANTS $450,000 for breaking US immigration LAWS??????
After promising we would have more than enough Covid testing kits, Joe LIED and FAILED.
Xiden killed Israel’s EastMed gas pipeline to sell gas to the EU, Putin’s whore strikes again.
Xiden killed the development of ANWR, but he’s begging Putin to pump more oil???
Xiden’s “war on energy” is pushing gas and diesel to unaffordable levels, causing “runaway inflation”.
Xiden is letting RUSSIA negotiate the new IRAN agreement???? WTF!!!!!!
Xiden is giving baby formula to migrants when American babies can’t get formula????
Xiden sold 1m bbls of SPR emergency oil to Sinopec, Hunter’s Chinese oil company, that’s treason.
Xiden is turning the US into a banana republic by misusing the FBI and IRS to harass opponents
Xiden wants 87,000 armed IRS agents willing to KILL!! WTF???
Xiden proposed forgiving $10,000 of student loan debt (unconstitutional)
Xiden stole classified documents, did he sell them to anyone? Is he a traitor for cash?
I could go on and on, but you see Trump was at least 1,000,000x better as president than stupid Joe

Isn't it interesting how he was their god right up until Trump?

Saint Ronnie, who gave amnesty to illegals, began the NAFTA negotiations, destroyed the unions, racially divided the nation, and began the greatest transfer of wealth the world has ever seen - from working and middle class Americans to the wealthiest people and corporations.

In this age of Trump and Trumpism, I don't see any semblance of what Reagan said and stood for.

Shouldn't the GOP officially proclaim that Ronny Reagan was basically wrong about everything?

What do they agree w/from him today? The economy? His immigration policy? What?

I say the GOP join those of us on the left and declare Reagan to be wrong on everything.

Or could I be the one that's wrong and the GOP is still the party of Reagan.

What say you?
Two of the best this country has ever seen. I’m in awe

Ronald Reagan, the guy who refused to condemn Apartheid South Africa would be right at home in the Republican Party today.
Democrats just sent billions to African oligarchs who use child slaves to produce green energy for white Democrats lol

How in the world do you get the nerve to talk about racist? Lol

Saint Ronnie, who gave amnesty to illegals, began the NAFTA negotiations, destroyed the unions, racially divided the nation, and began the greatest transfer of wealth the world has ever seen - from working and middle class Americans to the wealthiest people and corporations.

Hmmm. I was in my 20s when Reagan was President. I don't recall any money leaving my pocket to go to the rich. Maybe you could explain how he did that without me noticing.

Forum List

Back