Is It Time To Finally Put Away The Confederate Flag Once and For All?

Probably more likely he is ignorant. See below. The original designer of the confederate flag and his feelings.

1*okSelp63p2H3Ga7hSKAI1g@2x.jpeg

Because it's part of our history, just like the old statues you want torn down. You dwell on history because it fuels your hatred for White people, why do you deny it? Just be honest with yourself, the truth shall set you free.
You keep insisting I hate white people.

Why do you think that?

Wasn't it the south who wanted to fight for slavery and the North who wanted to end slavery?

That's pretty much everyone. You go to school and read books written by other people you idiot. Show me one person that knows about history and didnt learn it from another person.

I live in the South you smart guy. I don't need anyone to tell me what that flag means. I know what the history books say, and they say what ever you want them to say. I can find both opinions in history books.

Living here, I have run into racist white people as well as racist black people. I also know whites and blacks who fly the Confederate flag. I don't need someone who thinks they know the South to tell me anything.

Wasn't it the south who wanted to fight for slavery and the North who wanted to end slavery?
Halfway true. It was the south that wanted to fight for slavery and the north wanted to fight to keep the union together. Later slavery was used to galvanize the north. Prior to that Lincoln was ready to keep slavery so the south would stay.

Why are some Americans still brandishing that loser traitor flag?

Isn't it time to put away for good now?

It should be seen and flown only in a museum.

What say you?

It isn't a "traitor" flag at all. The Confederates were actually EXONERATED for the crime of treason after the war by President Andrew Johnson. You need to know your history

Forum List

Back