Zone1 Is it time to stop capital punishment ?

th

I'm sure all the homicidal maniacs would love to get rid of capital punishment because of their mental health issues.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

How about Murder? Please tell us why John Wayne Gacy among others shouldn’t have been executed or don’t deserve to be
You cant base a justice system on a few individul cases. That is just vindictive and not where the state should be.
And you still dont address the fact that the authorities get it wrong all the time. You would kill innocent people.

You cant base a justice system on a few individul cases. That is just vindictive and not where the state should be.
And you still dont address the fact that the authorities get it wrong all the time. You would kill innocent people.
I did address it. I’m referring to DNA, any belongings in the killer’s possession that belonged to the Murder Victims, etc . I am NOT referring to just “ eyewitness testimony “ That is NOT Vindictive. What you call “ vindictive “ I call JUSTICE.

I am sure that a couple of years ago some right wing genius wanted to introduce executions for suicide bombers. As a deterrent.
True.

If we were dealing with people who were actually out to create a more civil society, I would point out to them that the thought of a death penalty for a drug dealer is likely not a deterrent given that they live day in and day out with the thought of someone coming to their home and killing them. You often see these same crackpots gleefully and happily reporting some shooting in Chicago. Of course they never stop to consider how one relates to the other....that was a rival carrying out capital punishment. So the thought that, "Well, if we have a trial and they are found guilty, and the appeals don't work, they will be killed--that'll show em." is simply a punch line.

Of course, creating a more civil society is no where near the top of the list for most right wing lunatics. If it is on the list at all. These guys are pissed at the world and they want blood. Whose blood? That isn't important.

Thou shalt not kill. Are mormons actuallly Christian ?

Ex 20:13 doesn't fit hear, Tommy.

This verse is about murder, not all killings.

The key is in the fact that this is a translation of the ancient tongues, and the translators needed a word that encompassed both suicide and homicide.

I did address it. I’m referring to DNA, any belongings in the killer’s possession that belonged to the Murder Victims, etc . I am NOT referring to just “ eyewitness testimony “ That is NOT Vindictive. What you call “ vindictive “ I call JUSTICE.
And yet there are still miscarriages of justice. DNA or not.

They don’t get it wrong all the time, mostly they are correct however the politics of our nation is out of hand and just one innocent going to death row is one to many, though I believe all that are truly guilty of murder, rape and sexual abuse of a child need to be put to death.

True.

If we were dealing with people who were actually out to create a more civil society, I would point out to them that the thought of a death penalty for a drug dealer is likely not a deterrent given that they live day in and day out with the thought of someone coming to their home and killing them. You often see these same crackpots gleefully and happily reporting some shooting in Chicago. Of course they never stop to consider how one relates to the other....that was a rival carrying out capital punishment. So the thought that, "Well, if we have a trial and they are found guilty, and the appeals don't work, they will be killed--that'll show em." is simply a punch line.

Of course, creating a more civil society is no where near the top of the list for most right wing lunatics. If it is on the list at all. These guys are pissed at the world and they want blood. Whose blood? That isn't important.
Doesn’t help the dead 💀 Victims; does it? Please tell us what makes them “ rightwing”

Ex 20:13 doesn't fit hear, Tommy.

This verse is about murder, not all killings.

The key is in the fact that this is a translation of the ancient tongues, and the translators needed a word that encompassed both suicide and homicide.

You cherry pick the bits that suit your prejudice and make up excuses for the stuff that doesnt.
Either it is or it isnt.
Vengeance is mine ??

You cherry pick the bits that suit your prejudice and make up excuses for the stuff that doesnt.
Either it is or it isnt.
Vengeance is mine ??

You are the only "cherry picking" . The same Almighty God that calls for the death penalty isn't going to ban them in the same book.

The Bible has to be looked at as a whole.

They don’t get it wrong all the time, mostly they are correct however the politics of our nation is out of hand and just one innocent going to death row is one to many, though I believe all that are truly guilty of murder, rape and sexual abuse of a child need to be put to death.
We have had many over here. High profile cases and also cases with a political profile. The Guilford 4, the Birmingham 6 and others.
Private Eye magazine runs stories every month about these issues. This clip ahows the editor debating with the Home Secretary about cappital punishment. As you can see its not an even contest.

Please check your figures.That cant be the case. That would make executions just an act of vengeance.
No state has the number of executions of Texas. Nobody is close.
No state has as open access to guns
Yet look at the number of mass killings in Texas

More guns and executions is not working as a deterrent

No state has the number of executions of Texas. Nobody is close.
No state has as open access to guns
Yet look at the number of mass killings in Texas

More guns and executions is not working as a deterrent
That sort of nukes the deterrent angle.

That sort of nukes the deterrent angle.
This is where you and I differ, if we could have 100% accuracy, I am all for quick and speedy executions, not only for murders but for rapists and child abusers as well. It is not cruel to eliminate those that cannot be rehabilitate or that have and will continue to inflict fear and terror in our communities. I am for life sentences for all convicted of murder, rape and child sexual abuse as thy leave a wave of victims that live on until the end and also the rehab rate is very low and we as a society need to feel secure. I have absolutely no sympathy for perpetrators of evil.

Forum List

Back