Is it wrong to be proud of your ancestors that fought for the Confederacy?

Is it wrong to be proud of your ancestors?
Are men like Jefferson Davis, Robert E Lee, Stonewall Jackson to be "vilified" like Hitler; to the point where their names are being eradicated from schools, roads etc.?

Is it wrong for the ancestors - if any exist - of Benedict Arnold and Aaron Burr to be proud of what they did?

In protecting a way of life, they were also supporting enslavement of human beings. If you remember, in the North there was an industrial revolution, which used children for well past ten hours day. Not buying and selling humans, but fairly close.

The North doesn't appreciate nature? Hardly.

Flying your flag up North...yes, probably offensive.
what a few Forrest preserves in Cook County and Central park in New York city counts as preserving nature? While sitting in Ivory towers saying what the rest of the country should do?

Go fuck yourself.

Ah yes, Southern hospitality on display? You say you lived up here? Most of the North is as rural as the South. You guys do a lot of deer hunting in downtown Atlanta? There are over 100 lakes in the county I live in. Great fishing and hunting. We have the headwaters to a river that flows into the Mississippi River. Keeping it clean is a big deal.
don't even question mother fucker my Midwest heritage....

My Name on here is Bear.....

Hence the Chicago Bears, I know the Midwest like I know the back of my hand

Name A God Damn, city, name a state, name a tourist attraction in the Midwest and I have been there

Your statements about the North were highly inaccurate. Ignorant to be more precise.

Pride in what ancestors did or didn't do is a ridiculous thing.

IMO the only things in life one should take pride in are personal accomplishments

Your statements about the North were highly inaccurate. Ignorant to be more precise.
you are a child that don't even have a driver's licesence yet,

Post when you do , then I will respond when you have seen America.

Seriously child, only a ignorant dumb ass with out a car or cash to travel would post like you.

Or even the financial means to move, would post like you.

Is it wrong to be proud of your ancestors?
Are men like Jefferson Davis, Robert E Lee, Stonewall Jackson to be "vilified" like Hitler; to the point where their names are being eradicated from schools, roads etc.?
Yeah, you'll have to submit this question to the PC Police.

They're in charge of what racism is, who is a racist, who should feel guilty, who the victims are, what names you are to be called if you're suspected of being a racist, and what type of punishment you should receive for saying or writing or thinking, uh, anything.

Last edited:
irony.jpg

When I lived /grew up in the Midwest I was so glad we kicked the South's ass, but the 11 years I have been down here now, I realize now it was more then just the slavery issue.

The way I see it now, the North wanted to progress and destroy the land/environment through industry and the south wanted to conserve the land/the simple life.

Its like this to this day, all these rednecks down here love nature and you can't blame them. With just understanding the topography of the land here...

They don't want this place to be like New York , Chicago or Detroit.
you see it wrong. it was about slavery and had absolutely nothing to do with land conservation.
When I lived /grew up in the Midwest I was so glad we kicked the South's ass, but the 11 years I have been down here now, I realize now it was more then just the slavery issue.

The way I see it now, the North wanted to progress and destroy the land/environment through industry and the south wanted to conserve the land/the simple life.

Its like this to this day, all these rednecks down here love nature and you can't blame them. With just understanding the topography of the land here...

They don't want this place to be like New York , Chicago or Detroit.
you see it wrong. it was about slavery and had absolutely nothing to do with land conservation.

It was about property rights and economics, in that Southerners considered slaves property and they felt slaves were VITAL to their economy. You're like a lot of the lazy historians who see the word Slavery and look no further, you don't take time to put things into their historical context. Consider this, until the Emancipation Proclamation was issued, England and France were considering recognizing the Confederate States of America as an independent nation. When Lincoln decided to make slavery the issue and issued the Proclamation, England and France dropped the effort.

In one famous exchange between a captured Confederate soldier and Union troops, the Union soldiers asked their prisoner if he was a slaveowner. He answered that he wasn't, and that in fact he was rather poor. "Then why are you fighting for the Confederacy?", they asked him. "Because you're here," he replied.

Did you know that the Confederate Constitution permitted the admission of free states to the Confederacy, banned the African slave trade, and allowed Confederate states to abolish slavery within their borders? Sounds odd if the war was based on slavery alone.

I've heard stories about black men wearing the Confederate Flag.

I hope that trend catches on.

Rebellion in reverse...

My apologies to the South for having to house Bear. Had we known he escaped the mental hospital more quickly, we may have prevented all of this.

Forum List

Back