Is It Wrong to Think Homosexuality is a Sin?

Some Christians, not all. Obviously the whole point of this thread is to point out that there are Christians who cherry-pick from the OT to condemn gays.

Bonzi, do you believe sexual preference is a choice or that people are born that way?
I understand from reading that there is evidence pointing to it being a born preference. However, it don't think that is the point.
Born preference? Do heterosexuals choose to be heterosexual? No. We're all wired that way.

Our only choice, like mentioned above, is what we do about it. If we choose to be married, we have a choice as to be faithful to marriage vows or not, but that doesn't change our innate desires.

If a person is wired to be gay, then an all merciful God would take that into consideration.

I can only speak of my own personal experience. I've had sexual feelings towards both. I did choose to go one direction, and, my drive was more in one direction, and now is completely in one direction, so, not sure what that means...

Maybe we can have sexual feelings towards both, but we are wired to be with the opposite sex in a relationship way....
You're just lazy and probably still want to munch a rug.
How is that being lazy?
You want to, but you just can't get up off the sofa to go find some.

Afghanistan wasn't justified, the Afghans had nothing to do with 9/11. That's like invading Italy to get at the mafia.

The government of Afghanistan was shielding Al Qaeda in Afghanistan. They were given the opportunity to give them up- and decided against it. I am okay with our invasion of Afghanistan.

Iraq was a stupid distraction from our war in Afghanistan- and is in large part the reason why Afghanistan is such a mess today.
That's like saying that the Italian government was shielding the mafia, ok, they were, but still, we never invaded them. :D

If the Mafia had blown up a building and killed 3,000 people you can be damned sure we would have.

Hell we invaded Mexico to pursue Pancho Villa after he killed a few dozen Americans in Texas.
The mafia is killing our youths with heroin. And waaayyyy more than 3,000.

"the mafia is killing our youths with heroin"?

Really? What are you- stuck in the 1970's? Heroin coming into the United States comes primarily from Afghanistan.

Yeah- the same country you said we were wrong to invade.

Look- I get it that you were okay with the Taliban shielding the Al Qaeda assholes who attacked America- but to me, the Taliban made a choice- and suffered because of it.
Taliban weren't supporting anyone, they just hate us.

Btw, the Taliban are winning, we should just surrender and go home like the Russians did.

Poison the Drug Supply. End of the Opioid "Crisis"

Drug degeneracy is a choice; the users must be forced to pay the consequences. The defective people in power, who love weaklings, force us to think of the users as "victims."

Yes, Yes he did...read the bible.

The Bible consistently tells us that homosexual activity is a sin (Genesis 19:1-13; Leviticus 18:22; 20:13; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9). Romans 1:26-27 teaches specifically that homosexuality is a result of denying and disobeying God. When people continue in sin and unbelief, God “gives them over” to even more wicked and depraved sin in order to show them the futility and hopelessness of life apart from God. 1 Corinthians 6:9 proclaims that homosexual “offenders” will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Then why can't you provide a quote from Jesus condemning homosexuality?

I am hoping you don't believe that Jesus was speaking in Leviticus.

Here is an example of Jesus condemning 'activity'
Matthew 19
Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 19 - New International Version
Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

So we know that Jesus specifically said that activity like Donald Trump's- of divorcing his wife(he was the one committing sexual immorality- not her) and remarrying- both times- is committing adultery- as long as he is married.

Show me a quote of Jesus condemning homosexuality- so far no Christian has.
It is a sin but it could be forgiven by God.

However, the Bible does not describe homosexuality as a “greater” sin than any other. All sin is offensive to God. Homosexuality is just one of the many things listed in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 that will keep a person from the kingdom of God. According to the Bible, God’s forgiveness is just as available to a homosexual as it is to an adulterer, idol worshipper, murderer, thief, etc. God also promises the strength for victory over sin, including homosexuality, to all those who will believe in Jesus Christ for their salvation (1 Corinthians 6:11; 2 Corinthians 5:17; Philippians 4:13).

Great- now show me the quote where Jesus condemned homosexuality.[/QUOT

Read my posts and you have the explanation that for god it is a sin.

Bearing false witness is a sin.

I said:
Yep- Jesus never once condemned homosexuality.
You said: Yes, Yes he did...read the bible.

You have yet to show one example of Jesus condemning homosexuality- as you claimed he did in the Bible.

So now you are bearing false witness. But don't worry- God will forgive your sin.
You wan't me to say it in French maybe ?

Matthew 19
Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

So we know that Jesus specifically said that activity like Donald Trump's- of divorcing his wife(he was the one committing sexual immorality- not her) and remarrying- both times- is committing adultery- as long as he is married.

However, the Bible does not describe homosexuality as a “greater” sin than any other. All sin is offensive to God. Homosexuality is just one of the many things listed in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 that will keep a person from the kingdom of God. According to the Bible, God’s forgiveness is just as available to a homosexual as it is to an adulterer, idol worshipper, murderer, thief, etc. God also promises the strength for victory over sin, including homosexuality, to all those who will believe in Jesus Christ for their salvation (1 Corinthians 6:11; 2 Corinthians 5:17; Philippians 4:13).

I said:

You have yet to show one example of Jesus condemning homosexuality- as you claimed he did in the Bible.

So now you are bearing false witness. But don't worry- God will forgive your sin.

Saying your lie in French won't make it less of a lie.

The government of Afghanistan was shielding Al Qaeda in Afghanistan. They were given the opportunity to give them up- and decided against it. I am okay with our invasion of Afghanistan.

Iraq was a stupid distraction from our war in Afghanistan- and is in large part the reason why Afghanistan is such a mess today.
That's like saying that the Italian government was shielding the mafia, ok, they were, but still, we never invaded them. :D

If the Mafia had blown up a building and killed 3,000 people you can be damned sure we would have.

Hell we invaded Mexico to pursue Pancho Villa after he killed a few dozen Americans in Texas.
The mafia is killing our youths with heroin. And waaayyyy more than 3,000.

"the mafia is killing our youths with heroin"?

Really? What are you- stuck in the 1970's? Heroin coming into the United States comes primarily from Afghanistan.

Yeah- the same country you said we were wrong to invade.

Look- I get it that you were okay with the Taliban shielding the Al Qaeda assholes who attacked America- but to me, the Taliban made a choice- and suffered because of it.
Taliban weren't supporting anyone, they just hate us.

Btw, the Taliban are winning, we should just surrender and go home like the Russians did.
The Taliban affirm their alliance with al-Qaida: Afghan peace talks in doubt

Al-Qaida in contrast always reaffirmed its loyalty to the Taliban, which had harbored it before and after 9/11. Without the Taliban safe haven before 9/11, the attacks would never have occurred; al-Qaida needed its Afghan sanctuary. Bin Laden’s son Hamza this week reaffirmed his loyalty to the Taliban in his first ever audio tape for al-Qaida.

The Taliban are winning- mostly because of our misguided war in Iraq.

I understand from reading that there is evidence pointing to it being a born preference. However, it don't think that is the point.
Born preference? Do heterosexuals choose to be heterosexual? No. We're all wired that way.

Our only choice, like mentioned above, is what we do about it. If we choose to be married, we have a choice as to be faithful to marriage vows or not, but that doesn't change our innate desires.

If a person is wired to be gay, then an all merciful God would take that into consideration.

I can only speak of my own personal experience. I've had sexual feelings towards both. I did choose to go one direction, and, my drive was more in one direction, and now is completely in one direction, so, not sure what that means...

Maybe we can have sexual feelings towards both, but we are wired to be with the opposite sex in a relationship way....
You're just lazy and probably still want to munch a rug.
How is that being lazy?
You want to, but you just can't get up off the sofa to go find some.
No, not interested. It was not any good actually

What do you think?

If you believe you have a right to believe this, and you are offended, is it OK to voice this?
Homosexuality is found throughout nature. So if you think that god created everything...

And Jesus died on the cross for our sins, so that point is moot.
Again, GOD created a perfect universe. When Adam and Eve decided to listen to Satan, they corrupted not only themselves but the entire Creation. Nature groans under the weight of sin. Animals now attack each other, insects carry diseases, plants are poisonous and give rashes, mountains and oceans now separate people. What you are trying to promote is corrupted lies and half-truths. You either never read the Bible or you simply close your eyes and ears to those things that annoy you!
God created everything and everything was perfect. Therefore God created Satan and he was perfect too. When did Satan become imperfect? How does imperfection come from perfection? If God is omniscient, and knows what is to come, why did he create Satan? Why did he create people and then be surprised that they were imperfect and wipe them out except for Noah and his family? Where did the concept of sin come from? If God created everything, did he also create sin? Was sin perfect too? If everything was perfect, why were some animals forbidden to eat? If animals used to live together peacefully, what did carnivores eat?

I said:

It is not a lie...Homosexuality is a sin for god it is in the bible .Tu comprends ça ?

I said:

It is not a lie...Homosexuality is a sin for god it is in the bible .Tu comprends ça ?

I said:

Jesus never advocated about locking anyone up, neither did he condemn anyone except the religious leaders of his day. Neither did he advocate for government to save us all..

Yes, Yes he did...read the bible.

The Bible consistently tells us that homosexual activity is a sin (Genesis 19:1-13; Leviticus 18:22; 20:13; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9). Romans 1:26-27 teaches specifically that homosexuality is a result of denying and disobeying God. When people continue in sin and unbelief, God “gives them over” to even more wicked and depraved sin in order to show them the futility and hopelessness of life apart from God. 1 Corinthians 6:9 proclaims that homosexual “offenders” will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Matthew 19

And He is the judge on who sins and who will be forgiven. Not you or any other human.

Did God creat Adam and Eve ? or did he create Adam and Adam ? or Eve and Eve ?

Maybe I missed your response to this.....
Stalin and Mao were atheists and had rules.
GW Bush is a Christian who had rules but it didn't stop him from destroying 2 countries for no good reason.
Afghanistan was fully justified. Agreed on Iraq. That was about greed, but I do not think it was GW's idea. Both Cheney and Rumsfeld were both well known to be supporting a strong US presence in Iraq. It cost us.
Afghanistan wasn't justified, the Afghans had nothing to do with 9/11. That's like invading Italy to get at the mafia.

Yet when AlQaeda and Bin Laden escaped into Pakistan, we did nothing

Decided to invade Iraq instead

GW Bush is a Christian who had rules but it didn't stop him from destroying 2 countries for no good reason.
Afghanistan was fully justified. Agreed on Iraq. That was about greed, but I do not think it was GW's idea. Both Cheney and Rumsfeld were both well known to be supporting a strong US presence in Iraq. It cost us.

Your support for the Taliban and their atrocities are noted.

Still, just because the Taliban were abusive assholes committing atrocities against humanity is not a reason to go to war. When they gave safe haven to terrorists who had repeatedly attacked the United States but murdered almost 3000 in one day, then, yeah, that's justification for taking them down.

Yet when AlQaeda and Bin Laden escaped into Pakistan, we did nothing

Decided to invade Iraq instead
We worked with Pakistan on that issue, but the situation in Pakistan is delicate.

OTOH, the night we "invaded" Pakistan to take down bin Laden, the Paki national defense radar just happened to go down. Coincidence?

To be fair, and apples to apples, Adultery is one of the Ten Commandments, homosexuality is not. Probably for good reason as we've already discussed; there's a shitload more adulterers than homosexuals.

On the subject of the Ten Commandments, we see many of those broken all the time by self-avowed Christians. Specifically bearing false witness, coveting, the Sabbath, honoring parents, stealing (by fraud which is still stealing).

(I) I am the Lord thy God;thou shalt have no other gods before me.
(II) Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.
(III) Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
(IV) Honor thy father and thy mother.
(V) Thou shalt not kill.
(VI) Thou shalt not commit adultery.
(VII) Thou shalt not steal.
(VIII)Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
(IX) Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house.
(X) Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife,nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor anything that is thy neighbor's
The Christian take on this is that the 10 commandments are laws to show us how we just can't meet God's standards and how we need Jesus to be acceptable in His sight
Some Christians, not all. Obviously the whole point of this thread is to point out that there are Christians who cherry-pick from the OT to condemn gays.

Bonzi, do you believe sexual preference is a choice or that people are born that way?

Women are much more emotional than men, so it's not unusual they'd have feelings for all. Sexual preference is a bit more complicated, but I can see why more women would be bisexual than men.

To be fair, and apples to apples, Adultery is one of the Ten Commandments, homosexuality is not. Probably for good reason as we've already discussed; there's a shitload more adulterers than homosexuals.

On the subject of the Ten Commandments, we see many of those broken all the time by self-avowed Christians. Specifically bearing false witness, coveting, the Sabbath, honoring parents, stealing (by fraud which is still stealing).

(I) I am the Lord thy God;thou shalt have no other gods before me.
(II) Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.
(III) Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
(IV) Honor thy father and thy mother.
(V) Thou shalt not kill.
(VI) Thou shalt not commit adultery.
(VII) Thou shalt not steal.
(VIII)Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
(IX) Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house.
(X) Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife,nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor anything that is thy neighbor's
The Christian take on this is that the 10 commandments are laws to show us how we just can't meet God's standards and how we need Jesus to be acceptable in His sight

Do all heterosexuals get married, have sex, and have children? You are correct --- such is a matter of CHOICE.
Yes, those are choices...or in the case of kids, negligence, but their heterosexuality isn't a choice.

Forum List

Back