Is It Wrong to Think Homosexuality is a Sin?

Is adultry a sin? And is it ok to talk against it?

This question is specifically for you Bonzi.

I've been a tad slow in the ol noggin, but it hit me just now. You claim you are a christian, are against gay lifestyle because it is against God's law, yet...you are having an affair.

How is this not hypocritical?

Born preference? Do heterosexuals choose to be heterosexual? No. We're all wired that way.

Our only choice, like mentioned above, is what we do about it. If we choose to be married, we have a choice as to be faithful to marriage vows or not, but that doesn't change our innate desires.

If a person is wired to be gay, then an all merciful God would take that into consideration.

I can only speak of my own personal experience. I've had sexual feelings towards both. I did choose to go one direction, and, my drive was more in one direction, and now is completely in one direction, so, not sure what that means...

Maybe we can have sexual feelings towards both, but we are wired to be with the opposite sex in a relationship way....
You're just lazy and probably still want to munch a rug.
How is that being lazy?
You want to, but you just can't get up off the sofa to go find some.
No, not interested. It was not any good actually
Did it taste like fish?

GW Bush is a Christian who had rules but it didn't stop him from destroying 2 countries for no good reason.
Afghanistan was fully justified. Agreed on Iraq. That was about greed, but I do not think it was GW's idea. Both Cheney and Rumsfeld were both well known to be supporting a strong US presence in Iraq. It cost us.
Afghanistan wasn't justified, the Afghans had nothing to do with 9/11. That's like invading Italy to get at the mafia.

The government of Afghanistan was shielding Al Qaeda in Afghanistan. They were given the opportunity to give them up- and decided against it. I am okay with our invasion of Afghanistan.

Iraq was a stupid distraction from our war in Afghanistan- and is in large part the reason why Afghanistan is such a mess today.
That's like saying that the Italian government was shielding the mafia, ok, they were, but still, we never invaded them. :D
Your support for the Taliban and their atrocities are noted.

Still, just because the Taliban were abusive assholes committing atrocities against humanity is not a reason to go to war. When they gave safe haven to terrorists who had repeatedly attacked the United States but murdered almost 3000 in one day, then, yeah, that's justification for taking them down.
Then why haven't we invaded all the other countries that have terrorists? Kenya, Sudan, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Syria, ...?

GW Bush is a Christian who had rules but it didn't stop him from destroying 2 countries for no good reason.
Afghanistan was fully justified. Agreed on Iraq. That was about greed, but I do not think it was GW's idea. Both Cheney and Rumsfeld were both well known to be supporting a strong US presence in Iraq. It cost us.
Afghanistan wasn't justified, the Afghans had nothing to do with 9/11. That's like invading Italy to get at the mafia.

The government of Afghanistan was shielding Al Qaeda in Afghanistan. They were given the opportunity to give them up- and decided against it. I am okay with our invasion of Afghanistan.

Iraq was a stupid distraction from our war in Afghanistan- and is in large part the reason why Afghanistan is such a mess today.
Yet when AlQaeda and Bin Laden escaped into Pakistan, we did nothing

Decided to invade Iraq instead
We worked with Pakistan on that issue, but the situation in Pakistan is delicate.

OTOH, the night we "invaded" Pakistan to take down bin Laden, the Paki national defense radar just happened to go down. Coincidence?
Don't be a fool, we never killed Osama Bin Laden.

That's like saying that the Italian government was shielding the mafia, ok, they were, but still, we never invaded them. :D

Still, just because the Taliban were abusive assholes committing atrocities against humanity is not a reason to go to war. When they gave safe haven to terrorists who had repeatedly attacked the United States but murdered almost 3000 in one day, then, yeah, that's justification for taking them down.
Then why haven't we invaded all the other countries that have terrorists? Kenya, Sudan, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Syria, ...?
Has Kenya murdered thousands of Americans?

At what point do you think the US should become involved in foreign relations? At what point should we go to war with another country?

The US was justified to attack Afghanistan, but not Iraq. We should have finished the job in Afghanistan in 2003 instead of diverting resources and focus to Iraq leaving Afghanistan half-finished. Now we're still in Afghanistan trying to get back to where we were in 2003.

Born preference? Do heterosexuals choose to be heterosexual? No. We're all wired that way.

Our only choice, like mentioned above, is what we do about it. If we choose to be married, we have a choice as to be faithful to marriage vows or not, but that doesn't change our innate desires.

If a person is wired to be gay, then an all merciful God would take that into consideration.

I can only speak of my own personal experience. I've had sexual feelings towards both. I did choose to go one direction, and, my drive was more in one direction, and now is completely in one direction, so, not sure what that means...

Maybe we can have sexual feelings towards both, but we are wired to be with the opposite sex in a relationship way....
You're just lazy and probably still want to munch a rug.
How is that being lazy?
You want to, but you just can't get up off the sofa to go find some.
No, not interested. It was not any good actually

What wasn't any good? The pussy you ate? :D

I've been a tad slow in the ol noggin, but it hit me just now. You claim you are a christian, are against gay lifestyle because it is against God's law, yet...you are having an affair.

I missed the part about "an affair", but adultery is a mortal sin since it violates one of the Ten Commandments according to those who believe in the Bible.

Now, some people cherry-pick from the Bible, which allows them to bitch about gays while munching down on a pulled-pork BBQ sandwich and working on a Saturday or Sunday.

At what point do you think the US should become involved in foreign relations? At what point should we go to war with another country?

The US was justified to attack Afghanistan, but not Iraq. We should have finished the job in Afghanistan in 2003 instead of diverting resources and focus to Iraq leaving Afghanistan half-finished. Now we're still in Afghanistan trying to get back to where we were in 2003.

I do think 9/11 was an excuse to attack Iraq. I think the powers that be wanted that maniac out of power, and they would have used anything to get in there and take him out. The "global economy" has to run smoothly after all, and Saddam was a thorn in the side of the "global community." How can we have world peace and harmony with such lunatics running the asylum?

I do think 9/11 was an excuse to attack Iraq. I think the powers that be wanted that maniac out of power, and they would have used anything to get in there and take him out. The "global economy" has to run smoothly after all, and Saddam was a thorn in the side of the "global community." How can we have world peace and harmony with such lunatics running the asylum?
If you think we need to invade every country with a nutjob, there are much more dangerous targets. Saddam was mostly dangerous to his own people.

I missed the part about "an affair", but adultery is a mortal sin since it violates one of the Ten Commandments according to those who believe in the Bible.

Now, some people cherry-pick from the Bible, which allows them to bitch about gays while munching down on a pulled-pork BBQ sandwich and working on a Saturday or Sunday.

They SURE do! It is unbelievable how they can look upon another as a "sinner" and judge his or her actions, as if they are perfect people in the eyes of their God. Lol!

If you think we need to invade every country with a nutjob, there are much more dangerous targets. Saddam was mostly dangerous to his own people.

Apparently the powers that be, who probably know a whole lot more than any of US nobodies, did not agree with your assessment. :)

Is it not a GOOD thing that Saddam was taken out? Sure ISIS filling the empty void is a shameful unintended consequence. However, Saddam was NOT just a menace to his own people. That is why so many wanted to take him out.

Just think of it this way. OIL makes the world go around. Without oil, the world stops going around. Now, you may be disgusted that oil is such an important commodity (more important than gold or diamonds), but it is what it is. We cannot have these nut jobs being in control of such a valuable resource. Whenever they throw a temper tantrum and make the prices of oil rise or cut off supply of oil or whatever they might do, it affects the rest of the world BIGLY. ;)

Is it not a GOOD thing that Saddam was taken out? Sure ISIS filling the empty void is a shameful unintended consequence. However, Saddam was NOT just a menace to his own people. That is why so many wanted to take him out.
A bomb would have taken Saddam out. Was invading Iraq worth the lives of 4,424 Americans and 31,952 American wounded?

r353400_1623371.jpg

Just think of it this way. OIL makes the world go around. Without oil, the world stops going around. Now, you may be disgusted that oil is such an important commodity (more important than gold or diamonds), but it is what it is. We cannot have these nut jobs being in control of such a valuable resource. Whenever they throw a temper tantrum and make the prices of oil rise or cut off supply of oil or whatever they might do, it affects the rest of the world BIGLY. ;)
So, 1) You agree the war was over oil, not anything else and 2) Why aren't we invading Iran?

A bomb would have taken Saddam out. Was invading Iraq worth the lives of 4,424 Americans and 31,952 American wounded?

r353400_1623371.jpg

They had to find him first. Lol. Did you expect them to just bomb Iraq indiscriminately. Oh, well, we think he might be over there, so drop some bombs. Besides, I think they wanted to get him alive and pump him for information.

So, 1) You agree the war was over oil, not anything else and 2) Why aren't we invading Iran?

Who says it can't be about anything else? Rarely are conflicts due to only ONE issue. Why such a "black and white" perspective?

I don't know. I am NOT the powers the be.

I don't know of secret intelligence gathered. I don't know about "top secret" data the government or global powers may have on this one or that one. Neither do. Neither do any of us peons.

Forum List

Back