Is Jesus the Word of God?

So some people are allowed to give the bible their own meaning, and some aren't? How does that work? Who decides?
What you are doing is a thinly veiled attempt at pleasing yourself at the expense of others. You know what you are doing is wrong and that is why you are attempting to rationalize it.
  1. I'm asking questions of people's faith and the bible and you all get bent out of shape because you don't like the questions, they're too ?hard or you people, lol. Poor you. :biggrin:[/QUOTE ]A
  2. The answers r too hard for u to comprehend. Poor poor you :([/QUOTNE
So some people are allowed to give the bible their own meaning, and some aren't? How does that work? Who decides?
What you are doing is a thinly veiled attempt at pleasing yourself at the expense of others. You know what you are doing is wrong and that is why you are attempting to rationalize it.
I'm asking questions of people's faith and the bible and you all get bent out of shape because you don't like the questions, they're too hard for you people, lol. Poor you. :biggrin:
The answers r too hard for u to comprehend. Poor poor you :(
So how did Noah get kangaroos from Australia onto his boat?
R kangaroos ur favorite animal?
So you don't know. Poor poor you.

Everyone thinks they themselves are superior, nothing wrong with that, it's human nature. Religious beliefs don't bring you any advantage except to shield you from reality, maybe.
Wrong on both counts. Not everyone sees themselves as superior. See dunning effect. And science tells us that certain behaviors taught by religion do provide a functional advantage.
Ok, let me correct myself then, everyone HERE thinks they're superior to everyone else. :biggrin:

So what does science actually say? I'd be interested in reading that, got a link?
No. Not everyone one here.

No. You would be interested in trying to debunk it or claim religion doesn't teach those behaviors or that those behaviors are not the exclusive domain of religion. Anything that would ignore the reality that religion has provided a functional advantage.
So you have no link, in other words, you're blowing fartsmoke again. Got it.
Don't be silly. Happiness leads to success. Belief in God leads to happiness. But it is more like 4 papers I think.
You said "science tells us...", silly me, I thought you actually had something. :lol:

1. I'm asking questions of people's faith and the bible and you all get bent out of shape because you don't like the questions, they're too ?hard or you people, lol. Poor you. :biggrin:[/QUOTE ]A
I'm asking questions of people's faith and the bible and you all get bent out of shape because you don't like the questions, they're too hard for you people, lol. Poor you. :biggrin:
They hippity hopped there

So you’re comparing your god to Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny?Good for you.

Not hardly, but nice try anyway. Here is the $64,000 question. Why would you, and other obnoxious atheists, feel that it is somehow your duty to ascribe evil attributes to an entity that you do not believe exists?
I'm simply trying to understand why seemingly somewhat intelligent people believe in all the bullshit spewed out by the bible? I originally came here to see if believers had anything real to based their beliefs on, it turns out they don't, it's all just wishful thinking and fantasy. Now I'm more astonished that you folks so strongly believe these fairy tales that don't even make sense. The evil that I talk about is in the bible, I'm not ascribing anything to anyone on my own, that's done by the people who wrote the bible who said that god mass drowned on purpose everyone except Noah and his posse.

Is a lion evil? How about wolves and other predators? They kill without remorse, often in a very cruel way. Killing, even the killing of human beings, is only evil when the intent is evil. However, that is not really the question. Does the created have a right to question, or criticize, the motives of its creator?

Algebra doesn't make sense to a six year old, and neither ballet or opera make much sense to me. The Almighty God is so far beyond our feeble intelligence level that attempting to figure out why he does things is arrogant futility. One statement makes that clear to the most casual observer. "I am, I always have been, and I always will be." We are completely incapable of figuring out how that could possibly be.
God hasn't spoken to anyone, that's all written by men. You should up your critical thinking game.
He speaks to me all the time. But you have to be listening for it. He speaks in a quiet voice. Maybe that's why you can't hear it.
What does he tell you? Blow on your spoonful of soup first so you don't burn yourself?

So you’re comparing your god to Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny?Good for you.

Not hardly, but nice try anyway. Here is the $64,000 question. Why would you, and other obnoxious atheists, feel that it is somehow your duty to ascribe evil attributes to an entity that you do not believe exists?
I'm simply trying to understand why seemingly somewhat intelligent people believe in all the bullshit spewed out by the bible? I originally came here to see if believers had anything real to based their beliefs on, it turns out they don't, it's all just wishful thinking and fantasy. Now I'm more astonished that you folks so strongly believe these fairy tales that don't even make sense. The evil that I talk about is in the bible, I'm not ascribing anything to anyone on my own, that's done by the people who wrote the bible who said that god mass drowned on purpose everyone except Noah and his posse.

Is a lion evil? How about wolves and other predators? They kill without remorse, often in a very cruel way. Killing, even the killing of human beings, is only evil when the intent is evil. However, that is not really the question. Does the created have a right to question, or criticize, the motives of its creator?

Algebra doesn't make sense to a six year old, and neither ballet or opera make much sense to me. The Almighty God is so far beyond our feeble intelligence level that attempting to figure out why he does things is arrogant futility. One statement makes that clear to the most casual observer. "I am, I always have been, and I always will be." We are completely incapable of figuring out how that could possibly be.
God hasn't spoken to anyone, that's all written by men. You should up your critical thinking game.
You know this how?
God hasn't yet been proven to exist. Therefore it cannot be quoted.

They hippity hopped there
Nope. I guess the question was too hard for you. :cool:

Wrong on both counts. Not everyone sees themselves as superior. See dunning effect. And science tells us that certain behaviors taught by religion do provide a functional advantage.
Ok, let me correct myself then, everyone HERE thinks they're superior to everyone else. :biggrin:

So what does science actually say? I'd be interested in reading that, got a link?

No. You would be interested in trying to debunk it or claim religion doesn't teach those behaviors or that those behaviors are not the exclusive domain of religion. Anything that would ignore the reality that religion has provided a functional advantage.
Don't be silly. Happiness leads to success. Belief in God leads to happiness. But it is more like 4 papers I think.
You said "science tells us...", silly me, I thought you actually had something. :lol:
I do. You are the one who has nothing.

You know this how?
According to you he hasn't been proven not to exist so how do you know he hasn't communicated with anyone?

He speaks to me all the time. But you have to be listening for it. He speaks in a quiet voice. Maybe that's why you can't hear it.
What does he tell you? Blow on your spoonful of soup first so you don't burn yourself?
To do the right thing.

I always make sure my soup isn't too hot, taz.

So what science says? Where?

You know this how?
According to you he hasn't been proven not to exist so how do you know he hasn't communicated with anyone?
Because nobody has proven a god to exist yet. Real communication could be proof. Hearing voices isn't.

To do the right thing.

So you've NEVER done something wrong? EVER? Or does god cherry-pick what he wants you to get right and sometimes lets you do the wrong thing?

I already told you what it says, taz.

Success does not lead to happiness. Happiness leads to success.

Being thankful, reflective, meditative, active and performing random acts of kindness creates a happiness advantage. Look it up.

To do the right thing.

So you've NEVER done something wrong? EVER? Or does god cherry-pick what he wants you to get right and sometimes lets you do the wrong thing?
Don't be silly. We aren't expected to do perfect things only to be perfect. But since you don't read the good book for wisdom you never got that from it. I did.

I already told you what it says, taz.

Success does not lead to happiness. Happiness leads to success.

Being thankful, reflective, meditative, active and performing random acts of kindness creates a happiness advantage. Look it up.
Stop blowing fartsmoke about what science says. Either you have a link or open a window, you must be suffocating from the smell.

To do the right thing.

Don't be silly. We aren't expected to do perfect things only to be perfect. But since you don't read the good book for wisdom you never got that from it. I did.
So what has god told you to do exactly? "Be good"? That's it?

You know this how?
Because nobody has proven a god to exist yet. Real communication could be proof. Hearing voices isn't.
They don't have to prove it to you, taz. I am asking YOU, how YOU know God never communicated with man.

How do you know?

Forum List

Back